AA substate

swipper

Here is the SubState games:

Stone Memorial (21-12) @ Chuckey-Doak/Grainger (winner)

Chuckey-Doak/Grainger(Loser) @ Loudon (27-4)

Grundy Co. (23-8) @ McMinn Central (24-7)

East Hamilton (23-9) @ Livingston Academy (31-3)

Macon Co. (28-5) @ Waverly Central (26-5)

Page (24-4) @ CPA (32-3)

Oakhaven (17-8) @ Obion Co. Central (32-2)

Covington (23-11) @ Manasses (30-3)

What is everybodies thougths on these games?

Here are my predictions:

Stone Memorial

Chuckey Doak

McMinn Central

Livingston Academy

Macon Co.

CPA

Obion Co. Central

Manasses

I may be wrong but I believe that this is the year that Region 4AA will get both of their teams into the state. But what is everybodies thoughts

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the SubState games:

Stone Memorial (21-12) @ Chuckey-Doak/Grainger (winner)

Chuckey-Doak/Grainger(Loser) @ Loudon (27-4)

Page (24-4) @ CPA (32-3)

What is everybodies thougths on these games?

Here are my predictions:

Stone Memorial

Chuckey Doak

McMinn Central

Livingston Academy

Macon Co.

CPA

Obion Co. Central

Manasses

I may be wrong but I believe that this is the year that Region 4AA will get both of their teams into the state. But what is everybodies thoughts

Just saw where Macon Co. lost their Region Championship game to CPA, and noticed that CPA is 32-3. I haven't been paying attention to state rankings most of the year but could CPA be the "sleeper" in this AA group?

As far as Region 4AA getting both of their teams into state, yes, it's possible. I don't think LA will have much trouble from East Hamilton, but Grundy will have to play a great game to win at the Round House.

Just saw where Macon Co. lost their Region Championship game to CPA, and noticed that CPA is 32-3. I haven't been paying attention to state rankings most of the year but could CPA be the "sleeper" in this AA group?

As far as Region 4AA getting both of their teams into state, yes, it's possible. I don't think LA will have much trouble from East Hamilton, but Grundy will have to play a great game to win at the Round House.

We, Gibson County, played CPA in the first round of the 2010 state tournament. They were very young then. They were very tall, rebounded well, and played good defense and played a good half court offense. They affected our post play as did you guys that year. We beat them by 18 or 20, but it was a 4 point game with 4 or 5 minutes in the 4th. They also just beat Macon by 10 or 11, which is strong down low. They are going to be very tough if they make it out of the sub-state. Obion is going to be very tough as well. They have one of the best guard/low post combos in the state. Their center is 6 foot 3 and is a beast down low.

Stone Memorial (21-12) @ Chuckey-Doak

Grainger @ Loudon (27-4)

Page (24-4) @ CPA (32-3)

I'll go with:

Stone Memorial over Chuckey-Doak

Loudon over Grainger

McMinn Central over Grundy Co.

Livingston Academy over East Hamilton

Waverly over Macon Co.

CPA over Page

Obion Co. over Oakhaven

Manassas over Covington

Stone Memorial (21-12) @ Chuckey-Doak

Grainger @ Loudon (27-4)

Page (24-4) @ CPA (32-3)

I'll go with:

Stone Memorial over Chuckey-Doak

Loudon over Grainger

McMinn Central over Grundy Co.

Livingston Academy over East Hamilton

Waverly over Macon Co.

CPA over Page

Obion Co. over Oakhaven

Manassas over Covington

GCPioneer, have you seen Waverly play this year? Just curious on how good they are, because I know Macon is pretty good. I havent seen either play this year, but I have seen Macon Co play in the past and know they were state runner up last year.

GCPioneer, have you seen Waverly play this year? Just curious on how good they are, because I know Macon is pretty good. I havent seen either play this year, but I have seen Macon Co play in the past and know they were state runner up last year.

I have talked to a college coach that has seen Waverly play multiple times as well as Macon Co. All 5 of Waverly's players can shoot the 3 ball. From what I hear, when Waverly is playing well, they are as good as anyone in AA. I expect this game to be a close one, but I believe that Waverly's outside shooting ability will be the difference in this one. This game will probably be the closest of all the AA sub-state games. Two very good teams, unfortunately one doesn't go to state.

I have talked to a college coach that has seen Waverly play multiple times as well as Macon Co. All 5 of Waverly's players can shoot the 3 ball. From what I hear, when Waverly is playing well, they are as good as anyone in AA. I expect this game to be a close one, but I believe that Waverly's outside shooting ability will be the difference in this one. This game will probably be the closest of all the AA sub-state games. Two very good teams, unfortunately one doesn't go to state.

Thanks for the info. I know Macon has a pretty good inside game, so it sounds like it will be a good matchup.

What does Waverly have in the post? Can they contain Macon's inside game?

What does Waverly have in the post? Can they contain Macon's inside game?

The question is, can Macon defend Waverly's three point shooting? I know all about Calamity Jane and while she is a very good player, I'm interested to see if she can defend on the perimeter. Like I said, just because I pick Waverly, it doesn't mean I don't think Macon can't win. This game will be the closest sub-state game of all the AA sub-state's.

Edited by GCPioneer