MTCS @ Perry County

theGURU

Excellent scouting report by Rachel. #5 is probably their best shooter. Think you will be surprised at how good Spears and Farmer are. I don't expect MTCS to win, they were the 6th best team in 9A. Caught fire and learned how to win.

Farmer is definitely a stand out to me. I'm not sure which one spears is, I'm guessing #5 or #3...like I said, they stood out in the WHH game ...just had an off night against McEwen. I want Perry County to win, but MTCS isn't out of the running yet and if I were PC I wouldn't underestimate them. If they come in there wanting it bad enough,bringing that fire, and are on their A-game, an upset can happen. I'm pulling for PC but Best of luck to both teams.

Exactly. The better comparison for the CA/PC game from last year is McEwen/Collinwood. Untested team with the inflated record against a tough young team that has grown up.

PC's record in home sub-state games is something like 9-1 over the last 25 years. They know how to take care of business in this round.

I wasn't comparing teams and games. I was backing up the statement that a team in substate should never be underestimated. Clarksville Academy overlooked Perry last year and paid for it. Records mean nothing at this point in the year, so everyone might as well stop paying attention to those. That one lose PC had in substate, it was against a DCA team that was heavily favored because of their size and record, against a PC team that was at .500 before tourney time began. PC came one free throw away from winning.

Farmer is definitely a stand out to me. I'm not sure which one spears is, I'm guessing #5 or #3...like I said, they stood out in the WHH game ...just had an off night against McEwen. I want Perry County to win, but MTCS isn't out of the running yet and if I were PC I wouldn't underestimate them. If they come in there wanting it bad enough,bringing that fire, and are on their A-game, an upset can happen. I'm pulling for PC but Best of luck to both teams.

PC has to shut down Farmer.You have to get off the screens and get in his face. This kid can shoot lights out.Hold him under 20pts and its yours. There post play is not very good.Good luck vikings.

PC has to shut down Farmer.You have to get off the screens and get in his face. This kid can shoot lights out.Hold him under 20pts and its yours. There post play is not very good.Good luck vikings.

Post play isn't the strength of the team but good enough for Community and WHH each of whom have strong post play. Can't wait for tonight. Was hoping guru would host a fish fry.

MTCS will have two players as good as any PC will have. How does PC compare with McEwen?

Sorry...not a chance. You may have saw PC play, but don't make that assumption on one or two games. When the chips are down in a play or go home scenario, PC's studs will bring it just like they did against Mt pleasant in the region semis. Tucker and Rhodes are their known stars, but I guarantee that Garrett Hill will do all the little things that doesn't show up in the stat lines. To me, he's their MVP. He plays harder than anyone on the court, gets the ball to the right person at the right time, takes care of the ball, is a great on the ball defender and super quick, and plays incredible help defense. PC 67, MTCS 48

I'd go full court press into a 1-3-1 trap during the 1st quarter, possibly 3rd. They will have a difficult time playing under control. Rest of the game Box and 1 with Dill/Hill on Farmer. Attack the basket on offense and make MTCS defend. They don't have the depth to absorb many fouls. Tucker is an extremely tough matchup for them tonight.

Don't get into a 3 pt shooting contest with them. It would be their best chance to pull off the upset. PC should play in the 70's and defend well at home. PC 74 - MTCS 58. See you next Thursday.