McEwen VS. Collinwood

KC360

I remember last year when McEwen and Clarksville Academy dismissed D12 and both went home wondering what just hit them. Nobody should dismiss the other cause you may be looking to next year if you do.

CA fans thought they were unbeatable, but I dont remember McEwen fans dismissing Summertown last year.

Sounds like D12 is overconfident because they won last year. Having seen both Collinwood and McEwen, McEwen is the better team by far. That is not to say Collinwood can't beat them but they must play well and McEwen be off. Would agree that McEwen has not played a great schedule but WHH made them play up. Who has Collinwood played?

Sounds like D12 is overconfident because they won last year. Having seen both Collinwood and McEwen, McEwen is the better team by far. That is not to say Collinwood can't beat them but they must play well and McEwen be off. Would agree that McEwen has not played a great schedule but WHH made them play up. Who has Collinwood played?

Perry County 4 times.

Lots of teams might think they had the "it" factor if they'd been able to play McEwen's schedule. Collinwood is definitely good enough to win this game. Dismiss them at your own peril.

McEwen plays in a larger district and region D-12 only has six teams makes it easier to play other schools.We would like to play some of thoes bad #### west tn. schools I keep reading about on here,but due to fule prices and our girls coach not wanting to beef up the scheldue we got stuck playing summertown and parsons riverside at the christmas classic in Santa Fe.

One common opponent as of late would be cascade. Collinwood split with cascade and we all know what McEwen did to cascade.

Is that it? Who made PC such a great team? Only saw them once and didn't think they were any better than McEwen.

Who did PC play that game? And I don't get why yall are arguing with us. Nobody from PC is saying that Collinwood will win, they are just saying if they get hot its a possibility.

Edited by theGURU

If Montgomery can play defense and stay out of foul trouble, Collingwood will hang with them. BUT McEwen post is very good and that is not likely to happen. Don't let 3 sophmores and 2 juniors starting mislead you. They are now 3 juniors and 2 seniors by experience. I predict a close game but McEwen pulls it out by 7.

I remember last year when McEwen and Clarksville Academy dismissed D12 and both went home wondering what just hit them. Nobody should dismiss the other cause you may be looking to next year if you do.

#1....I have watched Montgomery and to me he lacks intensity on the defensive side, he doesnt play D as hard as he does offense...I have also seen him got lost and not be a factor of any kind in games-Cwood can not have this and be competitive against this bunch...McEwen isnt as fast as PC but they will be the next fastest thing Cwood will see other than PC...when I saw McEwen last year, they werent that great defensively in the open court-maybe they have gotten better and I expect that they have...As far as the 3 soph and 2 jrs, that will hurt against a team that has been to this point previously and has a year of experience and sometimes 2 yrs on them

#2...I remember the McEwen people dismissing Stown last year...I remember them complaining about playing in our "dump" as they referred to it as, they went on about how Mullinicks was so much better than Bubba Clifton, even recall one post GUARANTEEING a McEwen win...dismiss 12A if you will but as Vpop said, do it at your own peril

I do believe that McEwen is better than Cwood, but Cwood is very capable of pulling an upset here...the key will be Montgomery-if he shows up and plays well, they can stretch this game out until late in the 4th, if he gets lost in the shuffle and dominated the way Stown did to him @Stown during the regular season, Cwood is in big trouble

McEwen wins with a 10-15 point edge

Any dismissing of Summertown last year was probably done by some of our fans that I wouldn't necessarily "claim". Lol Anyone can beat anyone on a given night if the cards fall right. McEwen is the better team and will have the the top 2 players on the floor both on their team, but foul trouble and momentum can shift in someones favor at anytime.

Is Montgomery the post kid that missed the first part of the sesason?

McEwen is quicker than they appear to be. They play well together and seem to be on a mission.

Yes Montgomery is the post player that missed half the season. Didn't get to start playing til January. Vandychris loves to hate on him for some reason... maybe jealousy. IDK but he is just a sophomore that missed half a season. Give him a break. No he has not played near to his potential yet. Give him another year and a healthy season. Could be looking at total domination in the post position

Edited by greenblood