McEwen VS. Collinwood

KC360

Having seen them both recently (PC and McEwen) I would say that McEwen's pg was a bigger match-up problem for us primarily due to his speed and ability to hit the pull-up jumper. PC's point guard created some issues as well. He's a smart and physical player. PC was much more balanced than McEwen in the games played against MTCS. Both teams had a noticeable size advantage over MTCS.

Should be an interesting match up if they get the opportunity to play each other.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. For the record, PC DESTROYED their opponent, and I was told by a fellow coach this morning that Lake Co. and Booker T. are both better than PC. McEwen needs to enjoy while it lasts cause I don't think it's gonna last long.

I think Culleoka Cowboy stopped at a saloon on the way to the game and not only partook in some adult beverages but must be smoking some cr*ck! Collinwood played a very good game and they did miss some shots for sure. But obviously McEwen missed several as well. One of their top scorers played very little because of serious foul trouble. So just like Collinwood, "If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?"!!!

"If" the senior for McEwen wouldn't have gotten into foul trouble and "if" he had scored his average and "if" McEwen played it's normal game and "if" McEwen rebounded better, it's a 20-25 point game and not a 14 point game. All people like Culleoka Cowboy do is take away from the accomplishment of a young Collinwood team by making excuses. There are if's and but's in every game and that's what makes it exciting and makes for message boards and radio talk shows. But guess what, McEwen won by doing what they had to do, and they're on the way to Murfreesboro.

Culleoka Cowboy it may not last long for McEwen, but it's lasting longer than for 60 other single A teams in the State of Tennessee, including Collinwood. Instead of dogging their PG why not give him credit for being a good player? The exact opposite will tend to happen the further you go in the playoffs, the refs let you play. Their PG does a great job of creating separation and he is very smart.

That having been said, congratulations to Collinwood on a great year and I think they will have more chances to make it to Murfreesboro should that team stick together. Their coach and players did a fine job. In fact I want to compliment the Coach because at one point late in the game Jacob Daniel, I believe that's the young man's name, who I thought was very good for them, jawed a little with an official over a foul they called on him and he pulled him and sat him for a bit. I saw him tell him "you don't talk to the refs I will". Very good move that I wish I saw more of in the high school ranks.

Again, Congratulations to McEwen and Collinwood. All the fans should just say we played hard and root for our teams, not dog the other because of the "what ifs". McEwen may get beat in round 1 but then again they may not. Either way they have taken a small community, united it, and taken it on a great ride! I hope the ride stops when the gold ball is given out, but if not, the McEwen Warriors are a great team and even better young men!

Good luck to all the teams in the state Tournament! :popcorneater:

Congrats McEwen from WHHeritage...So wish we could have pulled it out against MTCS.I thought after beating Community we were destined for a rematch for the Regional championship. <_<

They just out shot us at East. I think we could have given Perry Co a better game.

Will Root for ya'll in the Boro'. Good Luck, Hopefully the draw is good for you.

Could get to give BTW a little shut up juice in the first round. :hungry:

Go 10A!!

First off, I'm not from Cwood but I do know some folks there. As a casual observer, Cwood has better players and a better team. Also as someone that has watched PC play, they're a MUCH better team than McEwen. My opinion, if you don't like it then sorry. Cwood did NOT play well in comparison to the other two times I watched them AND arguably their best player was sitting on the bench with crutches. Sorry you don't like the facts or MY OPINION. Depending on your draw, don't be surprised if you suffer a 20+ beatsown in the first round. Again, my opinion, which like everyone, I'm allowed to have!

First off, I'm not from Cwood but I do know some folks there. As a casual observer, Cwood has better players and a better team. Also as someone that has watched PC play, they're a MUCH better team than McEwen. My opinion, if you don't like it then sorry. Cwood did NOT play well in comparison to the other two times I watched them AND arguably their best player was sitting on the bench with crutches. Sorry you don't like the facts or MY OPINION. Depending on your draw, don't be surprised if you suffer a 20+ beatsown in the first round. Again, my opinion, which like everyone, I'm allowed to have!

You might want to review the posts, no one said you were from Collinwood. In fact your screen names gives it away! :roflol: Maybe not!

I'm not sure how you would say Collinwood has better players and a better team than McEwen? But that is your opinion as you pointed out. However if they had better players and a better team, then why is McEwen going to Murfreesboro? If they were that much better then they should have easily handled McEwen, especially when 1 of MceEwen's top players only played 10 minutes?

I am not sure you quoted any facts. The facts are as follows: Final Score - McEwen 58 - Collinwood 44. That is the only fact.

Also, McEwen had more fouls than Collinwood almost the entire game. That only changed down the stretch when Colllinwood had to foul. And on top of that the PG missed 3 of 4 FT down the stretch when he normally shoots over 85%.

Although Collinwood may not have played well, not sure as I have not seen them before, but I know McEwen did not play even close to their normal game. Unlike you, I will give Collinwood some of that credit because they played good defense and crashed the boards. Could it be McEwen's defense caused some problems? Probably not when your a Region 6A "homer". Just saying.

I also have seen PC play several times. They had to beat a mediocre, at best, Creek Wood team in the last few seconds. They lost to Waverly. Yes both AA schools but not nearly powerhouses. And they may be a much better "team" than McEwen, but we don't know. All opinion and subjection until, and if, they meet.

Again, doesn't matter because yes PC is a very good team. Collinwood is a very good team. Take the blinders off and give McEwen a little credit. They well may get a 20+ point "beatsown" (whatever that is) in Murfreesboro, but they are still there while 60 other teams are sitting at home, including the "better" team Collinwood. And guess what they might surprise someone! :P Best of luck to the Vikings in Murfreesboro and maybe McEwen can keep from embarrassing Humphreys County while up there also. (that would be sarcasm not opinion - just saying).

But all of this is just MY opinion.

All I can say about this is that most ppl don't see the other teams misses, they just notice when the other team is gettin everything to fall. You sit there and hope they miss everytime they shot. So, when they do you don't notice how many times they miss. You just notice what your team does on offense. Congrats to McEwen and hope y'all do well. Congrats to Collinwood on a good year with young players.

My comment was about him saying we survived off of point blank misses. We did have a couple put-backs, but there was a lot more to McEwens offense than that. I realize Collinwood had several misses as did McEwen, I was just saying I didn't see our points generating from point blank misses.

Congrats McEwen from WHHeritage...So wish we could have pulled it out against MTCS.I thought after beating Community we were destined for a rematch for the Regional championship. <_<

They just out shot us at East. I think we could have given Perry Co a better game.

Will Root for ya'll in the Boro'. Good Luck, Hopefully the draw is good for you.

Could get to give BTW a little shut up juice in the first round. :hungry:

Go 10A!!

Thank you, I, and I'm sure the rest of McEwen, appreciate that a lot.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. For the record, PC DESTROYED their opponent, and I was told by a fellow coach this morning that Lake Co. and Booker T. are both better than PC. McEwen needs to enjoy while it lasts cause I don't think it's gonna last long.

Well guess what, MCEWEN IS GOING TO STATE FOR A REASON! No team is unbeatable and every team has strengths and weaknesses. McEwen and PC both beat MTCS, about the same amount, but more than likely both teams played differently against them. As for a coach saying those teams are better than PC, #1 that doesn't make it true and #2 that doesn't make them better than McEwen! McEwen has done what they had to to win and will continue to do so until it ends, and that is something nobody can determine until it happens!

You might want to review the posts, no one said you were from Collinwood. In fact your screen names gives it away! :roflol: Maybe not!

I'm not sure how you would say Collinwood has better players and a better team than McEwen? But that is your opinion as you pointed out. However if they had better players and a better team, then why is McEwen going to Murfreesboro? If they were that much better then they should have easily handled McEwen, especially when 1 of MceEwen's top players only played 10 minuQ not sure you quoted any facts. The facts are as follows: Final Score - McEwen 58 - Collinwood 44. That is the only fact.

Also, McEwen had more fouls than Collinwood almost the entire game. That only changed down the stretch when Colllinwood had to foul. And on top of that the PG missed 3 of 4 FT down the stretch when he normally shoots over 85%.

Ew

Although Collinwood may not have played well, not sure as I have not seen them before, but I know McEwen did not play even close to their normal game. Unlike you, I will give Collinwood some of that credit because they played good defense and crashed the boards. Could it be McEwen's defense caused some problems? Probably not when your a Region 6A "homer". Just saying.

I also have seen PC play several times. They had to beat a mediocre, at best, Creek Wood team in the last few seconds. They lost to Waverly. Yes both AA schools but not nearly powerhouses. And they may be a much better "team" than McEwen, but we don't know. All opinion and subjection until, and if, they meet.

Again, doesn't matter because yes PC is a very good team. Collinwood is a very good team. Take the blinders off and give McEwen a little credit. They well may get a 20+ point "beatsown" (whatever that is) in Murfreesboro, but they are still there while 60 other teams are sitting at home, including the "better" team Collinwood. And guess what they might surprise someone! :P Best of luck to the Vikings in Murfreesboro and maybe McEwen can keep from embarrassing Humphreys County while up there also. (that would be sarcasm not opinion - just saying).

But all of this is just MY opinion.

This post was spot on and made my day. Thank you.

I don't post on here very often but the ignorance of this post just made me do it. If you were watching the game and know any bit about basketball, you should have noticed that Mullinicks led that team the whole game and that no one on the court for collinwood can even compare to Mullinicks. Collinwood was well coached and came out attacking the correct way which helped them jump out to the 11-0 lead. Then Mcewen began to answer. 22 for Collinwood seemed pretty tough in the second half as well as the kid with the headband but outside of that, I don't remember any players that you could have believed were better all around players than McEwen's. The one kid with the throwback shoes scored the first 7 of the game and then seemed to go invisible for 2nd and 3rd quarters.

When the post player for the Warriors went out with foul trouble, that definitely hurt, but he was having a rough night before that anyways. Now with this Perry County powerhouse team you are speaking of. I have watched them play as well as played against them and I do not see how you think this team is going to run right through any one. PC is a good team. Rhodes and shoot the ball as well as anyone around and Tucker is a strong, physical guard. Outside of those two, I don't see what there is to worry about with PC. They are a good team and can beat anyone but they don't have the depth, or all around team as a BTW or Lake Co. If Mcewen drew PC, I don't think either team would be upset with the draw as they matchup well with each other. I would say BTW and LC are the two favorites as of right now but none of these 1A teams are mediocre or unbeatable. It should be a great tournament and I look forward to seeing how it unfolds. Go Warriors!

I am not trying to belittle what Mcewen has done this year but I do not think they r an even match with PC. Of course I have seen PC play at least 4 times and I have only seen McEwen once but PC seems by far the better team IMO. I think PC would win easily. I think Cwood should have won last night but McEwen with their experience and home floor did what they had to do to win.