McMinn Obion may be two best teams in state

pioneer42

McMinn and Obion was really a war today. Reminded me of the state championship game in 2010 when we played McMinn Central. I watched all the games today and CPA looked pretty good, but this might have been the state championship game. I knew that Coach Morgan and Co. would give Obion all they wanted. The only reason I picked Obion is because they had too many upperclassman that was a top five team in recent years that hadn't made it. I knew McMinn lost Jenna Adams last year and a couple of more, but these two teams hopefully next year will be in opposite brackets. Congratulations to both teams on the best game of the day. McMinn Central fans, don't you dare hold your heads down. I think you guys are the number 1 program in the state year in and year out. I don't know where you guys get these girls and they're freshman. Really scary. Thought Shannon Wiggins really won the game for Obion with her stellar defense on Massengill. They took McMinn's down low game away and forced McMinn to beat them outside and they almost did. Good luck Obion and congratulations to McMinn on a great run. You guys will be around for a while.

McMinn and Obion was really a war today. Reminded me of the state championship game in 2010 when we played McMinn Central. I watched all the games today and CPA looked pretty good, but this might have been the state championship game. I knew that Coach Morgan and Co. would give Obion all they wanted. The only reason I picked Obion is because they had too many upperclassman that was a top five team in recent years that hadn't made it. I knew McMinn lost Jenna Adams last year and a couple of more, but these two teams hopefully next year will be in opposite brackets. Congratulations to both teams on the best game of the day. McMinn Central fans, don't you dare hold your heads down. I think you guys are the number 1 program in the state year in and year out. I don't know where you guys get these girls and they're freshman. Really scary. Thought Shannon Wiggins really won the game for Obion with her stellar defense on Massengill. They took McMinn's down low game away and forced McMinn to beat them outside and they almost did. Good luck Obion and congratulations to McMinn on a great run. You guys will be around for a while.

McMinn is always a contender in the state. As a LA fan we know all too well about them. they have a excellent program going down there and there coach is outstanding. I was there for there game today and it seamed like we were watching the title game being played. Both teams fought with all they had and never gave up. and the student sections were fantastic. I wish LA would take a page out of there books and get louder.

Love to see someone post with a little class!!!All too often fans try and belittle one team or another for whatever reason,and wind up looking narrow minded and dumb.This game was incredible from start to finish with both giving every ounce in the tank...shame someone has to lose for the other to advance!

pioneer, I'm curious as to who you are...? I can tell you know what you're talking about. There's only a few people that I can think of that are die hard Gibson fans that also know basketball state wide.

I am Ken Shaver. I live in Franklin, TN, but I was born in Gibson, TN. I have followed Gibson County basketball from the 80's all the way until now. My parents and I have a sub-division in Medina, TN called Hale Estates, so I spend alot of time there, not just to work, but follow Gibson County around. I usually go to the games with Bubba Witt and we usually set around Amy Santinello and Johnny and Jane McCurdy. I have been following them religiously mostly big games and all the District, Region and State. I follow AA across the state. I don't get to see a lot of statewide games, but I really keep an eye on the top 15 or 20 teams. I got to know Johnny Morgan and Massengil's dad pretty well in 2010 at the Embassy Suites in Murfreesboro. I talked to Johnny yesterday as they were walking in and have talked to him several times. Really nice people. But, my number is 731-343-5660. Give me a call sometime. I don't quite know who you are either, but I know you keep up with AA more than I do.

Lol, you guys crack me up! Was a great game & if OC wins the championship by a larger margin than they did yesterday I will come on here and say yall were right on! But if OC doesnt win the gold ball, are yall going to admit this thread and everyone on it was wrong? Everyone would like to think the team that beat them wins the gold ball so they can complain about the draw and argue they are the 2nd best team.

Lol, you guys crack me up! Was a great game & if OC wins the championship by a larger margin than they did yesterday I will come on here and say yall were right on! But if OC doesnt win the gold ball, are yall going to admit this thread and everyone on it was wrong? Everyone would like to think the team that beat them wins the gold ball so they can complain about the draw and argue they are the 2nd best team.

I started the thread and I am a Gibson County Fan. I am a neutral party. If OC gets beat, I will admit I was wrong. This is not putting CPA or LA down. They are both good teams. I was more impressed with McMinn Central than I was the others yesterday. I have seen Obion walk through Gibson County, Covington, Dyersburg, and Martin Westview, all teams that would be very competitive in Murfreesboro, all year.

I said before the tournament started that Obion was probably the toughest draw, and I still think they're the best AA team there.

I also noted before the tournament that CPA could be this year's sleeper team.

Livingston Academy is capable of beating anyone.

Nothing against Stone at all, but I just don't think they're in the league with these three teams. That doesn't mean they're a bad team by all means.

I am Ken Shaver. I live in Franklin, TN, but I was born in Gibson, TN. I have followed Gibson County basketball from the 80's all the way until now. My parents and I have a sub-division in Medina, TN called Hale Estates, so I spend alot of time there, not just to work, but follow Gibson County around. I usually go to the games with Bubba Witt and we usually set around Amy Santinello and Johnny and Jane McCurdy. I have been following them religiously mostly big games and all the District, Region and State. I follow AA across the state. I don't get to see a lot of statewide games, but I really keep an eye on the top 15 or 20 teams. I got to know Johnny Morgan and Massengil's dad pretty well in 2010 at the Embassy Suites in Murfreesboro. I talked to Johnny yesterday as they were walking in and have talked to him several times. Really nice people. But, my number is 731-343-5660. Give me a call sometime. I don't quite know who you are either, but I know you keep up with AA more than I do.

Massengil's dad is a hoot! You need to sit near him sometime during a game......he wears the refs out!!! :lol:

McMinn Central has a very competitive team and was a good match for Obion Central yesterday. Their weakness is that sore sport, cry baby coach... Morgan something... I mean did you read the Knoxville News Sentinal today? "Patience no virtue for McMinn Central; Coach says officiating the difference" ... What a "great" influence this guy is to his team. Here is the article... http://bit.ly/wIJi3k I'm glad he's on the other side of the state.

McMinn Central has a very competitive team and was a good match for Obion Central yesterday. Their weakness is that sore sport, cry baby coach... Morgan something... I mean did you read the Knoxville News Sentinal today? "Patience no virtue for McMinn Central; Coach says officiating the difference" ... What a "great" influence this guy is to his team. Here is the article... http://bit.ly/wIJi3k I'm glad he's on the other side of the state.

He's not a sore sport. Read the whole article. He gave Obion its due, and then stated the foul situation, which he was right about. The Times gave the stats. Hard to argue with that. Nearly 800 wins, 3 Silver Balls, 1 Gold Ball, in a few days, 2 Miss Basketballs, and TSSAA Hall of Famer who never says a word to praise himself hardly sounds like a weakness. He said Obion was the better team yesterday. He is an incredible influence to his team and a legend in East Tennessee basketball. He's also one of the nicest, most hardworking men you'll ever meet. Don't talk about things you don't know.

He's not a sore sport. Read the whole article. He gave Obion its due, and then stated the foul situation, which he was right about. The Times gave the stats. Hard to argue with that. Nearly 800 wins, 3 Silver Balls, 1 Gold Ball, in a few days, 2 Miss Basketballs, and TSSAA Hall of Famer who never says a word to praise himself hardly sounds like a weakness. He said Obion was the better team yesterday. He is an incredible influence to his team and a legend in East Tennessee basketball. He's also one of the nicest, most hardworking men you'll ever meet. Don't talk about things you don't know.

Glad you jumped on that Cody...I was about to give my spill...Coach Morgan is the best.