Obion Co vs Stone Memorial

VOREBS

Obion Co Central will take on Stone Memorial in one of the semi-finals at the 'boro. OC comes in off a solid effort against a very good McMinn Central team, and Stone Memorial after a low scoring win over Waverly. This could be an interesting one, as Stone Memorial seems to feed off it's D, and OC has been scoring in the 60-70 range most of the tournament season. Both teams are good, and this should be a good one. If OC can play the tempo it wants to, it could be a long day for Stone Mem. Looking for another solid effort from OC, as Wright, Goodman, Hicks, Jennings, McEwen, Wiggins and Flippen all played well yesterday, and a spot in the finals for Obion Co. Let's hear it, what do you think??

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Obion Co Central will take on Stone Memorial in one of the semi-finals at the 'boro. OC comes in off a solid effort against a very good McMinn Central team, and Stone Memorial after a low scoring win over Waverly. This could be an interesting one, as Stone Memorial seems to feed off it's D, and OC has been scoring in the 60-70 range most of the tournament season. Both teams are good, and this should be a good one. If OC can play the tempo it wants to, it could be a long day for Stone Mem. Looking for another solid effort from OC, as Wright, Goodman, Hicks, Jennings, McEwen, Wiggins and Flippen all played well yesterday, and a spot in the finals for Obion Co. Let's hear it, what do you think??

Stone Memorial has done a good job to get as far as they have. After watching the MC vs. Obion game I will call a 20+ victory for Obion. MC played the best team in tournament yesterday.

I love that no one is giving the Lady Panthers a chance. No one certainly believed they would make it out of the Region Tournament, much less win the substate and move on to the semifinals in the state tournament.

In Stone Memorial's short time in existence ( 6 years,) this is the third trip to the Boro for the Lady Panther program. We have had teams with much more individual talent make it only to fall short of the next round due to nerves/ overconfidence/ what have you. This group of young ladies is exceptional with the heart and soul they have poured into their team thus far.TEAM being the key word. I'm certainly pulling for them.

I realize that Obion is an exceptionally talented team. Clearly they have a lot of offensive weapons. I don't know how this game will play out, but regardless, no one has any reason to hang their heads at this stage of the game.

I love that no one is giving the Lady Panthers a chance. No one certainly believed they would make it out of the Region Tournament, much less win the substate and move on to the semifinals in the state tournament.

In Stone Memorial's short time in existence ( 6 years,) this is the third trip to the Boro for the Lady Panther program. We have had teams with much more individual talent make it only to fall short of the next round due to nerves/ overconfidence/ what have you. This group of young ladies is exceptional with the heart and soul they have poured into their team thus far.TEAM being the key word. I'm certainly pulling for them.

I realize that Obion is an exceptionally talented team. Clearly they have a lot of offensive weapons. I don't know how this game will play out, but regardless, no one has any reason to hang their heads at this stage of the game.

You are so right, at this point all teams are good. Stone Memorial and OC both are in the semis of the AA state, that says alot. It is not that I give the Lady Panthers no chance, as talk on here does not play the game. I do feel that if OC can set the tempo, it could be tough for Stone Mem. But trust me, NO ONE is overlookinig them. Here is looking for a good game from two great teams. No point spread here, but I do believe OC wins this one.

Obion Central will win this game.

Mismatch. Obion can name their score, IMO. Stone shut down a good shooting Waverly team that couldn't buy a free layup, but Stone can't shoot either. 8 to 8 at halftime.........really?

Anyway, good luck to both teams, would be nice to see another close game, however, I feel that Stone has no hope on the low block to stop Goodman. Goodman scores 30, Obion in state final Saturday.

I can assure you that the Obion Central coach and team are NOT overlooking Stone Memorial... not sure about a few fans... but the Lady Rebels takes them very, very seriously. I do, however, believe that Obion Central has the talent to win... not sure about 20, though. BTW, the Lady Rebel is good, no doubt... but they are not to so bad on defense, either. Did you see how they shut down McMinn's Masengil and held her to 13 points before she fouled out? Stone Memorial is a serious and creditable team... and could be a threat to the Lady Rebels trip to Saturday. Just watch tomorrow!

This is going to be a HUGE blow-out...I say Obion by at least 20.

I don't get it- Mcminn Central shoots 72 times-35 of those were three point attempts-doesn't make anything and still hangs around for a chance to win. The big girl for Obion Co wasn't a factor at all til late in the game plus she fouls out. I don't follow girl's basketball much but I did watch those games wednesday and if stone plays defense and doesn't turn the ball over a lot this game could be a good one to watch. I know Obion thinks they have won this thing but it looked like to me if Mcminn Central had shot the ball well at all they would be playing Stone.