I'm Done

CPA4Ever

Here's what I'm getting at...

Everyone is putting CPA out there BIG TIME on this site accusing them of recruiting and that they should play in a different division etc. Truth is, as I've explained to LtDan, if you look at ALL sports across the state of Tennessee as a whole, ALOT of PUBLIC high school's recruit to get hopefully work their way towards a state tournament/championship. If you don't believe me, look at how many "ineligible players" you hear about or how many games a team had to forfeit because they had an "ineligible player". There's no real way for the TSSAA to prove that "recruiting" goes on if all guidelines for the transfer rule are done right. If you're going to be on here bashing CPA for recruiting, you mine as well go ahead and bash alot of the public school's in Tennessee. Recruiting goes on ALOT more than what people think and realize. Look at sports as a whole in Tennessee and you'll see what I mean.

It's more of a problem with the larger open zone schools...

I know of AA and AAA school's in West TN involved or have been involved. And it's not only open-zoned school's. When people move to that school's area, yes they follow the transfer guidelines, but recruiting still happened in alot of cases.

Edited by GCPioneer

I'm sure some schools do recruit. But I believe the bigger problem is with parents shopping for the best program for their kid to go to. They know which schools have the best football or basketball (or whichever sport) programs and they will enroll their kid into that school so the kid will have a better chance to win and get that scholarship. The coach doesn't have to recruit after they devolope a winning program.

How could you ever fix that?

I'm sure some schools do recruit. But I believe the bigger problem is with parents shopping for the best program for their kid to go to. They know which schools have the best football or basketball (or whichever sport) programs and they will enroll their kid into that school so the kid will have a better chance to win and get that scholarship. The coach doesn't have to recruit after they devolope a winning program.

How could you ever fix that?

There's no way to fix that because there is no violation there. But as daroundball has stated in one of their post, a coach talked to his/her daughter and told them how they could "use" their daughter in their program. That's recruiting! That's the same exact tactic that college coaches use. The example that you used in your post, there's nothing wrong with what happened there. Although fans from the players previous school could get all torn up about and accuse of recruiting, there's no real violation with what the players family did. Once again, that's what makes it hard for the TSSAA to decide whether a coach is recruiting or not. It's a serious problem that is too big for the TSSAA to put their hand on if they want a level playing field for all public school's.

No, youre not attacking a player. You're attacking a

High school coach that is doing his job in a way that you don't like. In my opinion, if guys are so ticked off that CPA is recruiting and beating your team then why don't you guys work harder at getting better rather than sitting on coacht complaining. You're also putting these kids under attack as well by complaining about them going to CPA. I promise you that if I lived in Nashville and had a chance to go to CPA or ensworth, there is no way possible I would pass up that opportunity.

Are CPA and Ensworth private schools?

Look folks it happens. I have never heard of our school doing it, but I am not going to say it does not happen. Usually in the 7 or 8th grade. Mine stayed put. It sets a bad example. Can't be fixed by tssaa. Parents must act like parents. If they can play they will still make it to college. Most kids are seen by college coaches at summer camp. Or word of mouth.

I know of AA and AAA school's in West TN involved or have been involved. And it's not only open-zoned school's. When people move to that school's area, yes they follow the transfer guidelines, but recruiting still happened in alot of cases.

I'm not saying public schools doesn't encourage players coming to their school, but most of the time a majority of their players are home grown. For example, over the years Jackson County and Clarkrange have had players to come in over the years, but for the majority that play are from Clarkrange and Jackson County. The problem I have with private schools is that a lot of the players have ties with other towns. In this debate about FCS and their sports i've heard about how kids have ties from Gordonsville, Jackson County, Mt. Juliet, etc. You claim publics recruit as well, and I don't deny that some get away with it, however, on some scale a majority of their players are from that area. With privates and open zone public almost on a yearly basis they have players that have ties with multiple towns.

I'm not saying public schools doesn't encourage players coming to their school, but most of the time a majority of their players are home grown. For example, over the years Jackson County and Clarkrange have had players to come in over the years, but for the majority that play are from Clarkrange and Jackson County. The problem I have with private schools is that a lot of the players have ties with other towns. In this debate about FCS and their sports i've heard about how kids have ties from Gordonsville, Jackson County, Mt. Juliet, etc. You claim publics recruit as well, and I don't deny that some get away with it, however, on some scale a majority of their players are from that area. With privates and open zone public almost on a yearly basis they have players that have ties with multiple towns.

If you're talking about Clarkrange and Jackson Co. GIRLS, most of the girls are homegrown, however where does Laken Leonard fall into the equation? Without her, does Jackson Co. still win those state championships? Not saying she was recruited, but she "transferred" from RBS to Jackson Co. Same thing with CPA... without the "transfer" of Bradshaw, does CPA boys win state this year? In HS, the coaches don't have to recruit a whole team, they just have to get that 1 player that put's them over the top.

Players aren't "Recruited" as much as they are drawn to nice facilities and fancy uni's! I don't have a problem with privates playing in a higher classification with publics. Small publics don't have the resources to compete with private $$$. Never have never will!!

Larger publics do not have the $$$ or facilities either. Maybe the one school counties might, but I bet I play an entire baseball season on 1/3 of what most single a schools spend.