I'm Done

CPA4Ever

While im sure publics recruit, I do doubt that the numbers would reach half. Just my opinion.

Look down in Memphis, look in Jackson, look in rural West TN! People will deny deny deny it all day that recruiting goes on, but the truth is it happens. It's always going to happen because it is hard for TSSAA to prove that any recruiting went on when the student starts at the HS as a Freshman. Recruiting goes on BEFORE high school. Like I said, it's nearly impossible for TSSAA to prove that recruiting goes on. Maybe saying half of the high school's recruit was a little sarcasm, but I'll say ALOT of public high school's do some recruiting.

Look down in Memphis, look in Jackson, look in rural West TN! People will deny deny deny it all day that recruiting goes on, but the truth is it happens. It's always going to happen because it is hard for TSSAA to prove that any recruiting went on when the student starts at the HS as a Freshman. Recruiting goes on BEFORE high school. Like I said, it's nearly impossible for TSSAA to prove that recruiting goes on. Maybe saying half of the high school's recruit was a little sarcasm, but I'll say ALOT of public high school's do some recruiting.

Could it be that it's so hard to prove ,or the fact that, the TW$$AA does not have the intestinal fortitude to really take on the issue? Look at the officiating and how it consistently worsens every year. :roflolk: Apparently they just don't want to 'step on toes'. If they can't, or won't, review game films and correct some of the most flagrant problems by some of the worse officials,[i'm not talking about a few no calls or missed calls by officials who make every effort to call an unbiased game] how can anyone expect them to do ANYTHING about recruiting problems or any other violations? If someday it gets to be all about the kids and not all about the almighty dollar, then we might see some changes. Until that happens all we have is vague hope and continued cheating by A FEW programs. :bored:

Edited by rabbitranch

...and people wonder why coacht is starting to fall off compared to years past. I honestly think that the CPA thread should be locked. CPA4Ever, I've never had a problem with you or CPA for that matter. You're supporting and defending your school just as I would if all of these comments were thrown at me. These people are hating on CPA because they recruit.... SO WHAT!!! HALF OF THE PUBLIC SCHOOL'S IN TENNESSEE RECRUIT TOO! and if you think that ain't true, I'll start throwing out some ugly facts of public school's here in West TN that recruit. I was warned by a leader on this site a couple of years ago for accusing a school of recruiting when I was told by someone's family member that they were recruited to go to that school. I think the fact that the CPA thread has not been locked is total BS! Everytime I accused someone of recruiting, my thread got locked and I was warned.

I do not think coacht is starting to fall off compared to years past at all. I don't think as may athletes get on as their use to be to get on. A lot kids in school, and I was one of them, used to get on here and talk their team up and see what others said about their team. Kids just don't care what is said anymore and you don't have as many to get on here. If you leave the website because you don't like what's being said anymore, then by all means leave. This is an opinionated website, and if someone isn't attacking an individual player, threatening another poster, or using bad language then I really don't have a problem with whats being said. I think it's so much fun to read posts from 2, 3, 4 people get into it over something.

• Upvote 1

I just dont think its half the schools. As far as the places mentioned maybe/probably, but half in the state is a stretch. just my opinion.

Edited by LtDan

No, youre not attacking a player. You're attacking a

High school coach that is doing his job in a way that you don't like. In my opinion, if guys are so ticked off that CPA is recruiting and beating your team then why don't you guys work harder at getting better rather than sitting on coacht complaining. You're also putting these kids under attack as well by complaining about them going to CPA. I promise you that if I lived in Nashville and had a chance to go to CPA or ensworth, there is no way possible I would pass up that opportunity.

I do not think coacht is starting to fall off compared to years past at all. I don't think as may athletes get on as their use to be to get on. A lot kids in school, and I was one of them, used to get on here and talk their team up and see what others said about their team. Kids just don't care what is said anymore and you don't have as many to get on here. If you leave the website because you don't like what's being said anymore, then by all means leave. This is an opinionated website, and if someone isn't attacking an individual player, threatening another poster, or using bad language then I really don't have a problem with whats being said. I think it's so much fun to read posts from 2, 3, 4 people get into it over something.

i owe you 2 +1's. roflolk.gif

• Upvote 1

Yes, this is good news. The Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde approach to your posting grew weary. At times providing good insight, but turned quick when anyone disagreed. You clothed your attacks in opinions and insults and always had a way of turning it on the other, they were the real problem. You are going out exactly the same way, hard for you to take full responsibility for your comments as you only probably wrote some things you shouldn’t have and of course it was because you were sucked in by the haters and those who didn’t even deserve a response. According to you while all of it lined up with your faith. Give me a break or let me say thanks for giving me and others a break.

:roflolk:

I just dont think its half the schools. As far as the places mentioned maybe/probably, but half in the state is a stretch. just my opinion.

Well, take into consideration ALL sports and then really think about it. I know a particular Knoxville school that has been accused of "recruiting" in baseball for years. I've heard of some local softball school's getting into the recruiting scene within the past few years. Then look at football... all of the "open zoned" schools as well as the teams that get penalized for an "ineligible player". And now look at the issue being discussed in basketball and it's not only CPA. Truth is, ALOT of school's are recruiting in one sport or the other. As I've stated before, the issue has gotten out of hand and it's hard to prove with enough evidence that one school is recruiting without 100% proof.

The best thing about a message board like coacht is that you can read or not read the posts. I was a huge private/public debate poster when Harpeth was playing in an ABC district with a distinct competitive disadvantage and no natural rivalries. But, how much further do we really want this thing watered down? We are crowning 8 football champions as it is. I would say two divisions. Those that do not have distinct boundaries and those that do. 4 classes. Big and small in each division. And then play.

I have to say too that I hate the 'this is my last post' posts. Nobody's opinion is going to change one way or the other and you've only set yourself up for failure. You gonna read and not post? Want to post but won't after the ultimatum? Stay away for awhile and come back strong next year.

Well, season is over and not that anyone cares, but I am done with CoachT. Will probably be good news to many.

I have always enjoyed analyzing football and basketball and giving a CPA report and perspective. But I just can't stand anymore reading the hateful attacks, baseless accusations, and outright slander from those who would rather impune schools, coaches, players and fans rather than discuss sports.

I have never posted a personal attack on any coach or player on CoachT, and I regret getting sucked in to arguments with unreasonable hateful people. I probably wrote some things in defense of CPA I never should have penned because many I responded to didn't deserve a response.

To all the great athletes and coaches in Tenn., keep working hard and be proud of your successes. I will continue to watch but not post.

CoachT is a better place now, thanks!!!

• Upvote 1