Springfield Yellow Jackets 2012

OldJacketFan

Come on Mac, you know TheCoachChris is me Coach Christopher C. Southerland, and I was not fired. I choose to resign my position due to personal reasons and wanting to be closer to family and home. My life follows this path: God, Family, Work, and then the University of Kentucky. Working 50 minutes from my home has been tough on family the past 4 years, and my wife and I have choosen for me to come back home and work closer to what is most important in life behind God. That is my family! I love Springfield, but I love my family more!

I don't think anyone suggested you were fired. Some of us thought that you & other assistants may have gotten wind of what was going down in Springfield. I am glad you are going to rejoin us in Montgomery County, albeit in the private sector. Good luck to all parties involved.

Good news for the Yellow Jacket Nation! Dropped off the grandson today at Westside, and had a talk with Coach Southerland about the Coaching position. He has considered applying for the job, but worries this has all happened before at another school and does not want to get his hopes up. Well I am one to say, "I support you Coach!" You should apply to just see if you have an opportunity. This community will be happy to have you as our head coach. I will stop by and see how things are going with Coach Southerland on Monday to see how things are progressing. Good luck, and I do wish Coach Myers the best in his future. He is a good man, and he will be greatly missed!

Coach told me today that he is considering, and don't know if he has applied. If he does we will be excited to have him!

Doesn't matter if he does or not, only 2 ways a job like this comes open 1) Coach ran afoul of the law/district and in that case would be on leave, 2) Principal's "other direction" is really just a way of saying he has a buddy he wants for the job. Since the coach didn't lose his teaching job my money says this job is in the bag for someone the principal already knows/has in mind.

<BR>As a loyal reader of the Springfield boards, respecter of the Commissioner and Kevin38, and a overall fan of District 10-AAA, I am puzzled to read of this "support" the Yellowjacket fanbase speaks of as it relates to the football program at Springfield. "IF" the community is in such support of Coach Myers, his staff, and the student athletes of Springfield, why then is it such a stretch to suggest that the best way of showing this is simply by your attendance? If a person were to ask me if Springfield was a community that supports its team...I would have a hard time answering that question given the number of fans who put forth the effort to travel and support!....are these "supporters" protesting the principal by not attending? Is that the reason the crowds are small? The team has excellent participation as far as number of kids on the roster. To my knowledge, Springfield is not a suppressed area econonically. Commissioner...please weigh in! <BR><BR>p.s. Why the exodus of 3 possibly 5 assistant coaches prior to the announcement of the head coach being dismissed

Prez

I will see what I can find out. Added responsibilites at work have gotten me out of the loop. Let me see what is going on. Meyers has made a tremendous improvement at SHS and we had hoped that next year we would move things up another level (insert here a win in a playoff game RW). This a big step back for us. One would hope that Dr. Grimes has thought all of the angles. Again, let me see i will post when I know facts not rumors.......

Edited by TheCommissioner

As a loyal reader of the Springfield boards, respecter of the Commissioner and Kevin38, and a overall fan of District 10-AAA, I am puzzled to read of this "support" the Yellowjacket fanbase speaks of as it relates to the football program at Springfield. "IF" the community is in such support of Coach Myers, his staff, and the student athletes of Springfield, why then is it such a stretch to suggest that the best way of showing this is simply by your attendance? If a person were to ask me if Springfield was a community that supports its team...I would have a hard time answering that question given the number of fans who put forth the effort to travel and support!....are these "supporters" protesting the principal by not attending? Is that the reason the crowds are small? The team has excellent participation as far as number of kids on the roster. To my knowledge, Springfield is not a suppressed area econonically. Commissioner...please weigh in!

p.s. Why the exodus of 3 possibly 5 assistant coaches prior to the announcement of the head coach being dismissed?

here's the start Prez more to follow

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120321/ROBERTSON02/303200096/UPDATED-Myers-fired-Springfield-football-coach?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Robertson County Times|p

The response of "it was time to move in a different direction" is a very vague and deflective answer. If you are going to make a decision of this magnitude after an obvious increase of performance on the field then you need to own it and be more honest/specific w/ the supporting community. The Springfield football program is very important to me personally and if this sets them back 3, 2, or even 1 year/s then it would be fine by me to just fire the guy. This is not college athletics and coaches generally do not lose their jobs this sudden or easily. If there is something under wraps we dont know about he needs to spit it out.....

The response of "it was time to move in a different direction" is a very vague and deflective answer. If you are going to make a decision of this magnitude after an obvious increase of performance on the field then you need to own it and be more honest/specific w/ the supporting community. The Springfield football program is very important to me personally and if this sets them back 3, 2, or even 1 year/s then it would be fine by me to just fire the guy. This is not college athletics and coaches generally do not lose their jobs this sudden or easily. If there is something under wraps we dont know about he needs to spit it out.....

This move was made by someone who has been principal at SHS for eight months and has been in administration for four years at three different schools. Just talk to someone who has had dealings with him and you get your answer. The outgoing Dir. Of Schools, who will retire at the end of this school year allowed the principal to make this move, under his direction the Robertson Co. Schools were assisted by state intervention to improve poor school performance. Coach Myers deserved better than this and the people of Robertson Co. should demand better leadership in our schools and put and put an end to the cronyism and nepotism that has caused this to happen.

This move was made by someone who has been principal at SHS for eight months and has been in administration for four years at three different schools. Just talk to someone who has had dealings with him and you get your answer. The outgoing Dir. Of Schools, who will retire at the end of this school year allowed the principal to make this move, under his direction the Robertson Co. Schools were assisted by state intervention to improve poor school performance. Coach Myers deserved better than this and the people of Robertson Co. should demand better leadership in our schools and put and put an end to the cronyism and nepotism that has caused this to happen.

The truth will come out eventually, this is more than a change of direction for the program. Why does it have to be about the principal? Maybe the coach was doing something he shouldn't have been doing. Does he have a history? We'll see!

The truth will come out eventually, this is more than a change of direction for the program. Why does it have to be about the principal? Maybe the coach was doing something he shouldn't have been doing. Does he have a history? We'll see!

If this was the case and he did something terrible then he would have lost his teaching position as well. I guess its about the principal b/c he made the decision to fire the coach.....