Springfield Yellow Jackets 2012

OldJacketFan

What will coach's coaching staff look like? As I understand coaches Southerland, Myers, Fite, Carneal, and maybe Clemons are all attending other schools. How will this affect our program? All these coaches were very good with our young men, and we wish them all the best. Just do not know how Coach Wilson will create a staff this late in school year that will motivate these young men. Word is that there is a lot of issues with the team and coaches in charge. Is it true that Brandon Farmer may be headed to White House and that Terrence Summers may be headed to a private school? Just rumors but wondering if any truth in these rumors! What offense will Coach Wilson run, Defense will he bring to our program, and what emphasis will he focus on the special teams? Good luck, from what I see in the news paper Coach Wilson may not have a life outside of school and football. Good luck and you have our support coach!

Springfield better hope that Summers and Farmer stick around for their senior year. They don't win a game if both leave. They don't win more than 4 with both especially if all coaches named above leave.

Heard it first here. Coach Wilson will bring back the Wing T offense. good bye spread

Commissioner that necessarily isn't a bad thing, look who predominately wins championships, those who can run the ball and control the clock, throw in a pass from time to time and play lights out D.... Springfield is loaded with Athletic kids that can get it done...maybe a new style of ground and pound physical FB is what may get you there !

Again good luck to the new staff and wish Springfield FB success

Commissioner that necessarily isn't a bad thing, look who predominately wins championships, those who can run the ball and control the clock, throw in a pass from time to time and play lights out D.... Springfield is loaded with Athletic kids that can get it done...maybe a new style of ground and pound physical FB is what may get you there !

Again good luck to the new staff and wish Springfield FB success

I wasn't implying that this is a bad thing. I am simply making my prediction

Well, best of luck to Coach Wilson...except when he plays HC. Hopefully all this talk about players moving is just a rumor. Springfield was looking like an exciting upcoming bunch.

Also, good luck in getting a good staff together if all those coaches are indeed going elsewhere. That could very well be the most important factor if Springfield wants to continue to build on its recent success.

I missed something... What is your prediction ?

I predict that Coach Wilson will change the offense from the Spread with two wide outs and two slot receivers and one running back (that Coach Meyers ran) to the wing T formation (that Coach Wilson ran when he was an assistant with Coach Offutt). I don’t know how much plainer I can be. I was not saying that is a bad move. This is my prediction /opinion on one of the many changes that we will see in the program next year. I could be wrong and if so I will admit it. Hope that helps clear things up. Also, I think we will lose more games than we win next year as well. Same thing happened in Coach Meyers first year. He was 4 and 6 (regular season). Lost in the first round of the playoffs to Henry County. Although those 4 wins were twice as many wins as we had in the previous two seasons combined. Now what is your prediction on our program???

Well, best of luck to Coach Wilson...except when he plays HC. Hopefully all this talk about players moving is just a rumor. Springfield was looking like an exciting upcoming bunch.

Also, good luck in getting a good staff together if all those coaches are indeed going elsewhere. That could very well be the most important factor if Springfield wants to continue to build on its recent success.

thanks for the well wishes. HC won't need any luck. From what I saw in your JV team in last game against us you will be loaded this year too. While I am at it here is another prediction, HC wins the Gold Ball again next year.

Commissioner I don't have a prediction for the Jackets, my hope is for all the county teams to have successful seasons in 2012,,,,, IMO I think Springfield made a good hire, and personally I don't know coach Wilson at all..... Instant success in all probability is not gunna happen, but heck you never know

Commissioner I don't have a prediction for the Jackets, my hope is for all the county teams to have successful seasons in 2012,,,,, IMO I think Springfield made a good hire, and personally I don't know coach Wilson at all..... Instant success in all probability is not gunna happen, but heck you never know

of course we desire for all the county teams/schools to do well in EVERYTHING (team sports, band/choirs as well as scholastically) In America everyone is entitled to an opinion. Many courageous people died for us to have that freedom

of course we desire for all the county teams/schools to do well in EVERYTHING (team sports, band/choirs as well as scholastically) In America everyone is entitled to an opinion. Many courageous people died for us to have that freedom

I like to hear your opinion commish, you like me have witnessed the progress the program has made the past three years and would like to see that continue. Alot of times the X's and O's aren't as important as the Jimmy's and Joe's. I just hope we can build on what I thought would be a special season with the returning players and already established winning attitude, those who didn't see this were either not at the games or have a bitterness or agenda. Hope we can continue to get the best atheletes on the field and utilize their talents or history could repeat itself and we could be stuck in a rut in a 72 Pinto at Wartrace Lake with a warm six-pack of Sterling.I have been watching the Jackets for over 40 years through good and bad seasons,Coach Myers built the foundation and now Coach Wilson will have the opportunity to take us further, only time will tell. GO JACKETS!

I am not thrilled w/ the circumstances that have led us to this point starting w/ Coach Myers being let go but I have to admit, I am optimistic about Coach Wilson. Despite the lack of experience as a head coach on the highschool level I feel he is very skilled in disciplining and motivating those who play for him. As far as the offense goes, I am ok w/ the wing-t, I was part of teams that won many games running that offense and feel it can still be very effective when you have the right personnel and run correctly. Basically when you are quick, fast, and have several different guys who can run the ball which is Springfield in a nut-shell. I have seen a lot of teams who still run it but slightly different variations, a little more open utilizing the pass a bit more which I wouldnt mind seeing.However, concerning the wing-t this is all speculation, who knows, he may run the spread for all we know. Having said that, I honestly can see them starting out somewhat slow this season while finishing pretty strong leading into next year. I believe Coach Wilson will be the head coach at SHS for many years to come and it will prove to be deservingly so.....

Edited by Kevin38