Springfield Yellow Jackets 2012

OldJacketFan

After last wks jamboree i figured the defense would have trouble getting off the field this yr but the offense play definately took a couple of steps backwards . With the beef we have up front and potential our running back has i dont know why we dont try to run right at ppl instead of around them. Brandon is our only threat at receiver so we cant rely on the pass as much as we could the last couple of yrs. Last night the middle of the field was open but we kept going east and west with the ball and its only going to get worse playing teams with more speed

I didnt agree w/ the coaching change and especially the way it all went down, but, have faith in Dustin Wilson; I know he is young and inexperienced but he is very knowledgeable and will live, eat, and breath this football program. I know this man personally and these are the things that stick out when I describe him. He kind of walked in mid-drift w/o the chance to implement any kind of off-season of his own. This whole mess is the administartions fault just as LEON has stated, if they were gonna make a change (which I dont think they should have), it should have been as soon as the season ended and a new coach hired promptly. Give Coach Wilson (and staff) time and they will get this program back on track, they are not at fualt for the current state of the team, that lies soley in the lap of the lead administarter of the school. That is how I will look at it unless something went down that we are unaware of, if thats the case he should say so, othderwise, the blame stays w/ him.....

Edited by Kevin38

I didnt agree w/ the coaching change and especially the way it all went down, but, have faith in Dustin wilson; I know he is young and inexperienced but he is very knowledgeable and will live, eat, and breath this football program. I know this man personally and these are the things that stick out when I describe him. He kind of walked in mid-drift w/o the chance to implement any kind of off-season of his own. This whole mess is the administartions fault just as LEON has stated, if they were gonna make a change (which I dont think they should have), it should have been as soon as the season ended and a new coach hired promptly. Give Coach Wilson (and staff) time and they will get this program back on track, they are not at fualt for the current state of the team, that lies soley in the lap of the lead administarter of the school. That is how I will look at unless something went down that we are unaware of, if thats the case he should say so, othderwise, the blame stays w/ him.....

I didnt agree w/ the coaching change and especially the way it all went down, but, have faith in Dustin wilson; I know he is young and inexperienced but he is very knowledgeable and will live, eat, and breath this football program. I know this man personally and these are the things that stick out when I describe him. He kind of walked in mid-drift w/o the chance to implement any kind of off-season of his own. This whole mess is the administartions fault just as LEON has stated, if they were gonna make a change (which I dont think they should have), it should have been as soon as the season ended and a new coach hired promptly. Give Coach Wilson (and staff) time and they will get this program back on track, they are not at fualt for the current state of the team, that lies soley in the lap of the lead administarter of the school. That is how I will look at unless something went down that we are unaware of, if thats the case he should say so, othderwise, the blame stays w/ him.....

well said and i agree. it is what it is and im pulling for them to succeed. always glad to have former Jackets coaching who love this program. unfortunately we have to go thru the growing pains again. i hope lastnight ticked the kids off and they come out with fire in them next wk

The first two minutes were pretty exciting, and the last half it was obvious there had been adjustements in the gameplan for the Jackets. I did video bits and pieces of the game and looking back on it noticed a couple of times that the intensity was gone for some Jacket players on some plays in the second half. In fact, a couple of SHS players didn't even move on a few plays. I was wondering if all the players are on board with the coaching change?

Good luck the rest of the way!

The first two minutes were pretty exciting, and the last half it was obvious there had been adjustements in the gameplan for the Jackets. I did video bits and pieces of the game and looking back on it noticed a couple of times that the intensity was gone for some Jacket players on some plays in the second half. In fact, a couple of SHS players didn't even move on a few plays. I was wondering if all the players are on board with the coaching change?

Im sure the coaching change has alot to do with it. Worse i have seen them play in a while. The Cats were ready and hungry and the Jackets not so much. Sure didnt expect to just be man handled on the line of scrimmage. Jackets have to do some soul searching and figure out what kind of team they want to be. I noticed the lack of effort also and it was very hard to watch while the cats were bringing it every play.

Good observation. This years senior class was seen as a class that could be special prior to the coaching change, now at least 50% are no longer playing according to the roster , this not counting the promising underclassmen. Several of these players were key parts of three straight play-off appearances. I just hope we don't have a better team walking the hallways than whats being put on the field , we've been there before and it was'nt pretty and it wont be this time ethier

Good observation. This years senior class was seen as a class that could be special prior to the coaching change, now at least 50% are no longer playing according to the roster , this not counting the promising underclassmen. Several of these players were key parts of three straight play-off appearances. I just hope we don't have a better team walking the hallways than whats being put on the field , we've been there before and it was'nt pretty and it wont be this time ethier

We have a couple of skilled players missing from the last couple of yrs. SHS is fortunate that Brandon made it. We have talent walking the hallways as always.

Just because there may be talent in the halls does not indicate that they are quality players in that they can follow the school and team rules. Discipline of the players was very lacking in the previous coach and this is a must for a program to get to the level that most would like for this program to reach. Do not blame the Administration for this situation, that should be on the previous head coach. Most do not know the entire situation and this forum nor the paper is the place to discuss what was going on. What has been written in the the local paper was enough information to indicate that a change was needed. In life people are going to face changes in leadership and if they can not modify how they conduct themselves to the new standards that are expected then they do not belong in the program. Look at any college or pro team when a change is made of the Head Coach, players leave the program because they can not meet the expectations of the new coach, that is life and people need to learn to adapt and adjust, this is what we need to learn in order to be successful in life and in sports. Give Coach Wilson time and support and I believe he will have the program back to not just winning games on the field but having players who are winners in the classroom, on the field and we can be proud of how they behave outside of the school.

Edited by goldeneagle79