Class 4's Spring Top 10

smeagle1

Hey Wipes...we have beaten ya'll, were about 3-4 plays away from doing it again last year. The year after we won the state over Greenville and your teeam was ranked 1st the next year I don't recall you coming out saying, " Giles should be ranked no.1 in 2010 because they beat us last year.

As far as your reloading....when you can raid basicly your whole district for players because you play with the benefactor of being openzoned....reloading should come easy.

Dang going back 3 years to say you have beaten a 2 time defending state champs is pretty sad (We weren't champs when you beat us). If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry christmas! Stop making excuses for losing last year against a better team rock! GHS was about 3-4 plays from putting up 14 more points too (Clip in the back 10 yards aways from the play 1st or 2nd play of the game was one of those TD's). I wasn't even on these boards 2 years ago so its hard for me to come out and say Giles should have been number 1 pre season (I would have said that should have been). Greeneville along with every other county school in Greene Co. has openzoned and have since the 50's and people are just now crying about it. You can't just transfer in from the county when you go to high school either, there is a long waiting list and it starts at the elementary school level. (We must know football talent at a young age :rolleyes: ) To be honest it is alot easier to go to county school since you don't have to pay tuition. When you have a historical successful program like GHS kids will move into the city limits to play. Same goes in counties like Blount, Marion, Sullivan, etc.

Edited by Swipes

Dang going back 3 years to say you have beaten a 2 time defending state champs is pretty sad (We weren't champs when you beat us). If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry christmas! Stop making excuses for losing last year against a better team rock! GHS was about 3-4 plays from putting up 14 more points too (Clip in the back 10 yards aways from the play 1st or 2nd play of the game was one of those TD's). I wasn't even on these boards 2 years ago so its hard for me to come out and say Giles should have been number 1 pre season (I would have said that should have been). Greeneville along with every other county school in Greene Co. has openzoned and have since the 50's and people are just now crying about it. You can't just transfer in from the county when you go to high school either, there is a long waiting list and it starts at the elementary school level. (We must know football talent at a young age :rolleyes: ) To be honest it is alot easier to go to county school since you don't have to pay tuition. When you have a historical successful program like GHS kids will move into the city limits to play. Same goes in counties like Blount, Marion, Sullivan, etc.

Lets just say we are 1-1, I fully expect we will se each other again in the next 7-8 months. As far as preseason goes....heck rank us last. We'll see how it pans out.

What a JOKE!!!!

Greenville got a cake walk handed to them because the TSSAA didn't want us to jump 2 classes and destroy everyone with ease which is exactly what we were doing and would have done if they hadn't cut our legs out from under us for a bogus charge! They never even played the best team in 4A last year. So they can drop that back-to-back crap. Next year no one will even be talking about them. Don't every one break your neck trying to jump on our bandwagon mid season. Just wait you'll see.

Only team Greeneville has to worry about in 4A is Giles Co who returns almost all their playmakers. And gville woulda killed signal mtn last year! They were not ready for the devils! Get ur mind right son!

Thanks for the shout-out Barb but the Devils are still top dog until someone knocks them off. :thumb:

Most of Giles players are on the bowling team. Seasons almost over so we can start lifting again soon..... :ph34r:

Agree Greeneville is tops until someone knocks them off and I will go with Signal as #2 until someone in 4A gets a chance to beat them.