MJCA looking for a coach

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's more like having a steak in the fridge but settling for the bologna sandwich because it's easier to fix for dinner.

Well then blame the administration, but don't punish the kids because of it. They're more than happy to have that bologna sandwich, even if their parents (the admin.) don't want to cook the steak.

Edited by RedSwarm10

I do know a little about football and I know Coach Harrison and I think he was working hard and very capable. Yes he needed more "good" assistants,other than that what else would make a difference for the players?

If football at MJCA is about the kids playing then get them a coaching staff with good assistants and give them a chance and see if it makes a difference. Yes they are short on talent but commit something to help the head coach help the kids. Until MJCA decides they want football to be better from the administration on down and there are a couple new faces, nothing will change. Success breeds success ask any program that wins more than it loses.

Who is it going to be? I can't think of any coaches in Wilson county with Science or PE teaching areas and the experience that would fit into a small private school environment and want that kind of challenge.

Edited by Bucksfan

If football at MJCA is about the kids playing then get them a coaching staff with good assistants and give them a chance and see if it makes a difference. Yes they are short on talent but commit something to help the head coach help the kids. Until MJCA decides they want football to be better from the administration on down and there are a couple new faces, nothing will change. Success breeds success ask any program that wins more than it loses.

Who is it going to be? I can't think of any coaches in Wilson county with Science or PE teaching areas and the experience that would fit into a small private school environment and want that kind of challenge.

He's coaching football in Wilson County right now, but he's not coaching high school football. I believe this will be his first head coaching job.

He's coaching football in Wilson County right now, but he's not coaching high school football. I believe this will be his first head coaching job.

Are you saying they fired a coach with a pedigree from Goodpasture to hire a ms school FB coach? - Guess they want to keep it like a middle school program. Sorry kids someone over there doesn't get it?

Are you saying they fired a coach with a pedigree from Goodpasture to hire a ms school FB coach? - Guess they want to keep it like a middle school program. Sorry kids someone over there doesn't get it?

He's not a ms coach, you're on the Interstate but traveling in the wrong direction.

Change that to no one over there (in administration) gets it.

I am thinking maybe they should go to 8 man football. Many smaller schools are going that route. I believe they would be competitive at that level.

It would make a lot of sense for them to pursue 8 man. It worked very well for St. Andrew's-Sewanee, and I think some other schools of similar stature will be making the switch as well after the next schedule rotation.

He's not a ms coach, you're on the Interstate but traveling in the wrong direction.

Change that to no one over there (in administration) gets it.

This is almost worse than my last thought. So they fired their current coachfor aguy who is not coaching at all to be the head coach and he has no head coaching experience? Who makes these decisions over there? Surely the AD can't orchestrate and sell this concept all by himself? What are the new principal (who I was told gets athletics) and the Headmaster doing during all of this?

Maybe the speculation of 8 man is accurate, but why then all the secrecy? Just tell everyone that is the plan and get a coach who can get them heading that way. Very odd all the way around. The kids there deserve something good to come from this mess. I hope they get it.

This is almost worse than my last thought. So they fired their current coachfor aguy who is not coaching at all to be the head coach and he has no head coaching experience? Who makes these decisions over there? Surely the AD can't orchestrate and sell this concept all by himself? What are the new principal (who I was told gets athletics) and the Headmaster doing during all of this?

Maybe the speculation of 8 man is accurate, but why then all the secrecy? Just tell everyone that is the plan and get a coach who can get them heading that way. Very odd all the way around. The kids there deserve something good to come from this mess. I hope they get it.

Right now the Administrative Pastor of First Baptist is the Interim Headmaster. They are conducting a nationwide (wink, wink)search for a new Headmaster. You'd be surprised how much the AD is able to get done. It's mind boggling.

The new guy is currently coaching in Wilson County, just not as a head coach (or any coaching position)at a high school or middle school.

Edited by DoyleHargravesConstruction

Right now the Administrative Pastor of First Baptist is the Interim Headmaster. They are conducting a nationwide (wink, wink)search for a new Headmaster. You'd be surprised how much the AD is able to get done. It's mind boggling.

The new guy is currently coaching in Wilson County, just not as a head coach (or any coaching position)at a high school or ms school.

Are you implying he is coaching another sport not FB? This is makes no sense. You seem to know who it is, just say it.

I think the guy is coming off Dewayne Alexander's staff at Cumberland. He had one season of HS experience at Lebanon. If it's who I think it is, he's a good young coach -- but he will need the full support of the administration to make a go of it. MJCA is located close enough to Mt. juliet High, Wilson Central, DCA and Antioch to get several kids who might not want to sit the bench at these other places. GET SERIOUS ABOUT FOOTBALL -- allow some teaching positions for assistant coaches and see what happens.

Are you implying he is coaching another sport not FB? This is makes no sense. You seem to know who it is, just say it.

I thought it would be announced today. Eddie's post is spot on, he's coming from Cumberland University.

He is very young, one year of HS asst coaching in Georgia and 5 years asst coaching at Cumberland.

Was a kicker in college. I hope for his sake he got a lot of what he was promised in writing.