Who is going to South Gibson and Gibson County

Daddy

I think people are too worried about if you can wear a confederate flag dress to prom or not....check out the news on that one. Gibson Co. girls basketball just isn't quite the job it used to be. I wish luck to whoever the new coach may be!

Wow!! I read the articles about the prom dress. That is crazy. It seems the only ones who had an issue was the school. The dress wasn't suggestive it was just an expresion of her individuality. She wanted to have a one of a kind dress. I have seen kids wear a whole lot worse than that dress. What is next? You can't wear a grey dress because those were the colors of the Confederate army or you can't wear blue because that was the color of the Union army? We live in the South and that is a part of history like it or not. There is a school a lil ways down the road with the name rebels, I guess that will have to be changed also. Sad :unsure:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It's official... Mitch Wilkins has been hired at Gibson County. Great pickup for them! Quick history for those of you not familiar with his name: Past 6 years he has been at Henry county and turned that program around leading them to host their first ever home region game. Before that he was in MO for the majority of his career and has taken teams to the final 4 on 5 different occasions. He knows what it takes to win and will do a very good job there!

Not a good hire at all for this girls program! If this is true.

BABABABABA is an idiot.....Mitch will be fine in a community that cares about basketball. This could be a great fit. He has the same enthusiasm for basketball that the state championship coaches before at Gibson Co have had. He will work the girls extremely hard, and Gibson Co girls, unlike (most)Henry Co boys will understand what it takes to win state championships, as they all have seen it 2 times in the last 4 years. Getting kids to wanna play basketball will not be an issue for him like it was in Henryland. Good luck to Coach Wilkins at GC in every game except the ones against Westview :D...

BABABABABA is an idiot.....Mitch will be fine in a community that cares about basketball. This could be a great fit. He has the same enthusiasm for basketball that the state championship coaches before at Gibson Co have had. He will work the girls extremely hard, and Gibson Co girls, unlike (most)Henry Co boys will understand what it takes to win state championships, as they all have seen it 2 times in the last 4 years. Getting kids to wanna play basketball will not be an issue for him like it was in Henryland. Good luck to Coach Wilkins at GC in every game except the ones against Westview :D...

Great post! Very well stated, I couldn't agree more! That was the one thing I noticed from afar here. You just can't compete with football and win in henry county. Not saying you can't win games, just that basketballs not nearly as important as football in the community. You notice that from the crowds being 5 times larger at every game. I imagine that will only get worse now with the championship. But all that said, hchs has a tremendous football program and are a well oiled machine. The school has built that thing to be successful with 11 coaches on staff and football class weight training year round. (even during basketball season)

I too think Mitch will do well at gchs and wish him the best of luck! He has a great passion for the game and is an excellent teacher/motivator...

Edited by thebenchwarmer

Coach Wilkins will do a great job at GC. He knows how to win and what it takes. He is not a "yes" man and may not be the best at PR, but he will do things the right way as he is a man of integrity. With the tradition and recent success at GC, they should do well immediately - in a VERY tough district. He just knows how to win.

Good Luck Coach Wilkins!