3AAA District Tournament

TSpoon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen this kid pitch, the thing I like about him is that he is on a team of pitchers that throw in mid-70's tops. Then he comes in throwing 80-83 and it looks really fast. He throws strikes too!

Will Neely topped out at 87 several times at the Kingsport Mets tournament last month. It looks fast because it is fast.

I think

Halls over Campbell Co easily

Oak Ridge over Clinton barely

HVA over Karns easily

Powell over AC but upset alert with Durand on the mound (also depends which owenby pitches)

2nd round

Halls over Oak Ridge by 5+

Powell over Hva in most likely a rematch from this past Monday (Drake vs. Neely)

Clinton over Campbell Co

AC over Karns

My predidtion

1st Round

Halls destroys Campbell County

Oak Ridge beats Clinton in a very close game

Anderson County upsets Powell

Hardin Valley beats Karns in a tight one if Hill throws.

2nd Round

Halls beats OR convincingly

HV beats Anderson County

Clinton beats Campbell County

Powell creams Karns

After that I think Hardin Valley and Halls make their way back to each other in the finals

Halls finishes 1

Hardin Valley 2

Oak Ridge 10 - Clinton 0.....Lane threw it great......No hitter through 4.....Not sure if Clinton ever got a hit or not.

Powell 11 - A.C. 0.....D. Owenby threw a 1-hitter.....H. Owenby homered twice....Skeen hit a bomb that cleared the baseball admission tent up on the hill.

Edited by 5ozBalls

Why did Oak Ridge throw Lane? Unless they have someone I don't know about, there's no way they're beating Halls if Lane isn't on the mound.

I would suspect same reason Halls threw Painter. They want him available for Tuesday winners bracket game. If you are playing to win it all, you want your best ready for that game. Or maybe they wanted to make sure they won first game. I do like Halls pitching options better than OR for this game.

Hardin Valley vs Powell should be interesting although last time Powell handled them pretty easily without HVs #1. Anderson County is playing so poorly now , I would not read much into the score of that game. If HV keeps it close first 3 innings, I like their chances.

I would suspect same reason Halls threw Painter. They want him available for Tuesday winners bracket game. If you are playing to win it all, you want your best ready for that game. Or maybe they wanted to make sure they won first game. I do like Halls pitching options better than OR for this game.

Hardin Valley vs Powell should be interesting although last time Powell handled them pretty easily without HVs #1. Anderson County is playing so poorly now , I would not read much into the score of that game. If HV keeps it close first 3 innings, I like their chances.

Who did HVA throw against Karns? 3-0 seems awfully close. Coach Rice must be squeezing a lot of blood out of the turnip like he usually does this time of year. Anyone know who HVA has going against Powell?