3AAA District Tournament

TSpoon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like there is some cheating going on here. I think teams like Halls and Oak Ridge were running out of pitching. Yet HVA had only used two pitchers through two games and were in great shape. Therefore Halls "forgot" to put on there tarp. If very bush league and immature of their coach. I hope there is a rule set up by TSSAA soon restricting rbi.hs like this. Unfair advantage.

I feel like there is some cheating going on here. I think teams like Halls and Oak Ridge were running out of pitching. Yet HVA had only used two pitchers through two games and were in great shape. Therefore Halls "forgot" to put on there tarp. If very bush league and immature of their coach. I hope there is a rule set up by TSSAA soon restricting rbi.hs like this. Unfair advantage.

Wow, have you ever been to the Halls field? Even if they tarp it, it doesn't drain well. It may have rained a lot more over there than it did where you live too. Basically, if you win the district you get to host the tournament...that means you decide to tarp or not.

Wow, have you ever been to the Halls field? Even if they tarp it, it doesn't drain well. It may have rained a lot more over there than it did where you live too. Basically, if you win the district you get to host the tournament...that means you decide to tarp or not.

So basically what I just took from this post is... If you have home field advantage you can cheat because you've earned that right? Correct?

The field was tarped until they pulled it to get ready to play. At 4:45 what looked like a passing shower turned out to be a 30 minute rain that kept getting worse. Once the rain stopped they worked on the field for about an hour to try to make it safe enough to play but it was going to take hours to make it safe. I am shocked anyone who was not there would make such claims of cheating and calling a coach names.

The field was tarped until they pulled it to get ready to play. At 4:45 what looked like a passing shower turned out to be a 30 minute rain that kept getting worse. Once the rain stopped they worked on the field for about an hour to try to make it safe enough to play but it was going to take hours to make it safe. I am shocked anyone who was not there would make such claims of cheating and calling a coach names.

Yeah, this "cheating" thing is really dumb. It rained, the field doesn't drain well. End of story.

So basically what I just took from this post is... If you have home field advantage you can cheat because you've earned that right? Correct?

Are you really that stupid? I was told they were on the field warming up to play and it started raining so hard they didn't have time to get the tarp on it. I know Doug Polston and he has been doing it the right way for a long time. To accuse him of cheating is moronic....but hey, you are one of the morons on here bashing all the Powell kids after they got put out of the tournament. Honestly, you should just do us all a favor and stop posting.

It's just all so ironic how everything is coming together... Halls has back to back tough games using a lot of pitching then the next day the games get rained out. I know in Powell it was beautiful outside after 430. I'm just saying they may not have meant to do it but It's ironic

It's just all so ironic how everything is coming together... Halls has back to back tough games using a lot of pitching then the next day the games get rained out. I know in Powell it was beautiful outside after 430. I'm just saying they may not have meant to do it but It's ironic

As a Powell guy I certainly have no love lost for Halls, but this is pretty silly. We got the edge of the rain in Powell for about 15 minutes, but then it stopped. If you had looked to the east, which just happens to be the direction of Halls, you would have seen that the storm was still very much over that area for a good while after that. It's not surprising that the Halls field was unplayable. It's just like our field at Powell - it doesn't drain well, and it doesn't hold water well - especially when it is wet already.

Pointing that finger is just plain misguided.