who had the hardest hit of the PV vs. Cloudland ga

valleyboys

I understand how the bracket is set up. It is set up so that it will alternate between regions traveling each year. It is an even numbered year thus it is region 1's turn to go on the road. My thought is, if two teams from the same region meet, i.e. CLoudland & Powell Valley, it was my understanding that the the higher seeded team plays at home even though you came at of the lower half of the bracket that is marked for round 3 to be at home.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go to the sight above and go through the first three

rounds it will be self explantory. CHS will only get the first two games at home. Since the upper bracket got home field last year, the lower one gets it this year. CHS will have to travel in the third and fourth rounds, no matter what. The winner of each region gets the first game at home. The second round goes to the higher seeded team, which would be CHS and Greenback, barring a first round upset. Third and fourth rounds switch from year to year.

Landers rule is right on the playoffs. Lower brackets have home field advantage in the third round and up. First and second round home field is determined by the higher seeded team.

By the way, from where I was sitting (best seat in the house) some Clouldland and PV fans acted a little crazy (a good word for it i guess). It was a big game for both teams with a lot of emotion and that stuff happens. Its over now and hopefully we will meet again in Roane Mountain in the third round. Good luck to the Highlanders and lets take care of our business Indians, we have two big regular season games to play and earn our respect from two teams who beat us last year.

Posted by flip96:

Landers rule is right on the playoffs. Lower brackets have home field advantage in the third round and up. First and second round home field is determined by the higher seeded team.

By the way, from where I was sitting (best seat in the house) some Clouldland and PV fans acted a little crazy (a good word for it i guess). It was a big game for both teams with a lot of emotion and that stuff happens. Its over now and hopefully we will meet again in Roane Mountain in the third round. Good luck to the Highlanders and lets take care of our business Indians, we have two big regular season games to play and earn our respect from two teams who beat us last year.

If you will take a look at the playoff brackets again, we will not be meeting on Roan Mountain for the 3rd round...it will be back at PVHS. If this is incorrect, then it is a mistake on the part of the TSSAA because that is what is posted on their site.

As far as the 2 teams left to play that we lost to last year, well, things are different. We have a different coach (who appears to be more experienced) as you have seen, and we are a totally different team than last year. :(:D

GO INDIANS !!!

Posted by pujo:

The hardest hit by far, was the hit took by Cloudland from the men in the striped shirts. We had four touchdowns called back, and a 130 yards in penalties. Some of your classless fans caused you that last touchdown. The idiot knows who he is, we where going to kneel on the ball. He was the Ezell Harding wannabe.Totally classless. He was not the only ome, the fans in the stands were spitting at our pkayers on the field as well, very childish. You'll have a pretty good football team, but some of your fans need to grow up. By the way, you don't want to beat Greenback, and have to travel to Cloudland. Allthough, I am sure we want be spitting on you or your players. Nuff said. GO LANDERS!!!!!

there was no spittin going on because i walked up and down both side lines adn i know for a fact that is not true. so think what you want

Near the end of the game one of pv's fans hollard "ezell-harding buddy ezell-harding."So then I hollard back where were you at.I'f It was me I wouldn't rely on ezell-harding to do my dirty work. Plus who cares where the playoff game will be played at we'll beat you here or there havent we all ready. I just hope you all make it past Green Back to play us.GO LANDERS