Vic Wharton (Rumored to be MOVING Again?)

H2O I think you've misinterpreted my comments. Unlike some of these other posters, I like Vic, as well as appreciating his athletic ability. I just assumed most of the schools in the area would be trying their best to land him ( hence the let the bidding begin comment). Since you obviously know me, you know that I can answer yes to several of your questions. If my posts have left you thinking otherwise about my intentions, then I apologize. I only wish Vic well and I'm sure he will succeed wherever he lands. My selfish wish would be that he headed back to KCHS. That's why I called the one poster to task for saying the issues and special treatment started at Catholic. I've not said anything that I wouldn't say to either Big or Little Vic. I started following this thread to find out what was going on since I'm out of the Nashville loop. We deal with many of the same issues/comments/accusations at Catholic that CPA faces. There is no "hating" here. I think you made a very intelligent post and admire you for defending your friend!.....and I would consider myself a friend too.

Mason did not play any sports at DA, the reason he was eligible after his 1 year suspension...

Only because someone didn’t automatically distance themselves like the others and was willing to educate Z and his mom on how to be eligible upon his return in terms of practice and games while attending another school. Your welcome CPA, as so many seemed to enjoy his athletic prowess of those three high school years upon his return. :)

This post has been pointless. Anyone remember Z. Mason a few years back? Standout football and basketball player gets into trouble, gets kicked out, ends up at Davidson Academy. Sound familiar? The next year he was back roaming the halls at CPA...

Now BigENS that is not an accurate portrayal. But instead of calling you a name since I don’t know the facts or the truth which is the M.O. of others, I will clarify for everyone so they at least know the truth regardless of what they choose to believe. Z’s mom wanted him at CPA regardless of athletics. She was willing to take athletics away from Z if CPA would have let him remain in school. The school said no, but it was both Z and his mom’s intent to return to CPA. In fact, there were actually elements of character involved in this decision. Take responsibility, take his punishment, but don’t leave his teammates permanently hanging since he put them in a difficult situation. Make up for his mistake and return, vowing not to make that type of mistake again. To my knowledge, he achieved that goal. Drew Maddux wasn’t even in the picture when all this was going on; he simply reaped the benefits of Z’s return.

Now BigENS that is not an accurate portrayal. But instead of calling you a name since I don’t know the facts or the truth which is the M.O. of others, I will clarify for everyone so they at least know the truth regardless of what they choose to believe. Z’s mom wanted him at CPA regardless of athletics. She was willing to take athletics away from Z if CPA would have let him remain in school. The school said no, but it was both Z and his mom’s intent to return to CPA. In fact, there were actually elements of character involved in this decision. Take responsibility, take his punishment, but don’t leave his teammates permanently hanging since he put them in a difficult situation. Make up for his mistake and return, vowing not to make that type of mistake again. To my knowledge, he achieved that goal. Drew Maddux wasn’t even in the picture when all this was going on; he simply reaped the benefits of Z’s return.

Okay, but there has alway been those stories of who ended up paying for his tuition.

You would think the young man was already on campus somewhere with summer workouts already in full force. There has to be someone who knows where he is at as of right now.

I really don't understand what is going on in this situation. It appears this athlete is leaving CPA for some reason and is now "looking" for another school to attend. I didn't realize the TSSAA allowed athletes to leave one school and go "looking" for another school to attend. The transfer rule carries certain specifics that must be followed in order to comply. I guess if he finds a school he likes he plans to just transfer there and not violate the transfer rule and face sanctions by the TSSAA???? Can someone tell me where I wrong?

Edited by scooter

I really don't understand what is going on in this situation. It appears this athlete is leaving CPA for some reason and is now "looking" for another school to attend. I didn't realize the TSSAA allowed athletes to leave one school and go "looking" for another school to attend. The transfer rule carries certain specifics that must be followed in order to comply. I guess if he finds a school he likes he plans to just transfer there and not violate the transfer rule and face sanctions by the TSSAA???? Can someone tell me where I wrong?

Its not about transfer rules man....its about privates, open zones and free love man!

Its not about transfer rules man....its about privates, open zones and free love man!

Unless there's a bonafide change of address or he transfers to Signal Mtn, then they can throw the hardship lasso around him that magically transports him into the SM geographic territory