Chattanooga Area Talent

This could be a huge year talent wise in the Chatt. area. Vonn Bell (I know he is listed as GA, but he lives in TN) is a 5* on 247 & Scout with Rivals and ESPN giving 4*. Austin Sanders is a 4* on Rivals and 3* on the others, plus being UT's most solid commit. Reese Phillips from Signal has start picking up major offers, rated 3* on 247 and 2* on Rivals, he now has an offer from Kentucky and probably Vandy and Miss. St. before long. South Pitt returns Lil' Man at RB along with '14 recruit Jajuan Lankford, Sequatchie and Bledsoe both return all state lineman in Austin Lamb and Jesse Sandell.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at the Chattanooga Times area prep stats and noticed in the rushing column that if you take away the seniors that graduated it leaves Lil Man and Lankford as the top two running backs in the area.

That doesnt surprise me and if Lil' Man can stay healthy it might be those two 1 & 2

Johnson is the better running back of the two, but Lankford isn't bad either.

Old Pirate says Johnson is more WR than RB. Recon he is like that Youngon a few yrs back for SP ..dad burnit , effects of them skillets...hum...least ways he went over yonder near the Da-sha-voo in Nashvegas. Langford reportedly works hard according one of his dad's former co- workers.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

I was looking at the Chattanooga Times area prep stats and noticed in the rushing column that if you take away the seniors that graduated it leaves Lil Man and Lankford as the top two running backs in the area.

yes, indeed! Part of the reason why Cornbread Capitol is the favorite to win the gold.

That was last year. Johnson and Lankford will certainly get their yards this year, but remember that there will be underclassmen replacing all of those seniors from last year. Two that will be stepping up for Signal are Robert Turner and Diamez Franklin. I expect both of them to be near the top of the rushing list.:thumb:

That was last year. Johnson and Lankford will certainly get their yards this year, but remember that there will be underclassmen replacing all of those seniors from last year. Two that will be stepping up for Signal are Robert Turner and Diamez Franklin. I expect both of them to be near the top of the rushing list.:thumb:

I don't remember them last year? Were they just JV players for the Eagles last season?

I don't remember them last year? Were they just JV players for the Eagles last season?

Robert Turner was #33. He was a junior last year and saw some playing time, but obviously not much with the backfield we had. He has been working hard the past two years and looked scarey good in the spring. He will be wearing #3 this year.

Franklin was #36 last year but sat out the year as a sophomore transfer. He was on the scout team last year and was a beast. He will be wearing #2 this year as a junior and will be playing halfback and SS. He's a headhunter in the secondary, something we have never had before.