Obion County Central featured on Football Scoop

Marv58

The Obion County Central football team has been featured on the highly touted coaching website Football Scoop for their off season work outs featuring a program they call "The Warrior Games". As mentioned on Football Scoop, it states "The following video is an inside look at the intensity of the Warrior Games and Obion County football including access inside meetings, the coaches office, and the weight room and indoor facility. Some very good coaching content here."

Enjoy!

OC Football

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The Video was impressive. Coach Jackson got em working hard. Like the Warrior Games thing. But whats up with the Tornado remark?. Should he be more concerned with other 4A teams than with a 1A team who shouldnt even be on his radar? Is there another 4A team out there who are called Tornados? I dont think that you motivate your team with some team who is 3 classifications below you. Maybe he should go for someone who actually determines his playoff hopes. Thats my 2 cents. Why does UC, a 1A team, matter so much to a 4A team? That alone is embarassing.

The Video was impressive. Coach Jackson got em working hard. Like the Warrior Games thing. But whats up with the Tornado remark?. Should he be more concerned with other 4A teams than with a 1A team who shouldnt even be on his radar? Is there another 4A team out there who are called Tornados? I dont think that you motivate your team with some team who is 3 classifications below you. Maybe he should go for someone who actually determines his playoff hopes. Thats my 2 cents. Why does UC, a 1A team, matter so much to a 4A team? That alone is embarassing.

Embarrassing Swo? The simple fact is that the first game of the season is against Union City, the in-county rival. Sure, UC is 1A, but that hasn't stopped UC fans from trumpeting the better win-loss record versus Obion County. True, it has no bearing on playoff hopes (except overall win-loss), but don't try to play down its implications. The reality is that its a lose-lose situation for OC in that if they win, they are supposed to because they are a 4A school and if they lose, it was an upset by a 1A school. However, since the game is on the schedule and they have to play it, why not play it up? Why not use it to motivate or drive home a point? That's what appears to be the case with Coach Jackson.

Machine I have never looked at it like that before. I mean from yalls prospective. It is a lose lose situation for OC for all the reasons you mentioned. I now see this thing diferantly. I just thought it was something from the past when the 2 teams played and it actually meant something to each team as far as the playoffs were concerned. Now I see that you are right. it matters more if you lose and matters very little if you win. That coin is flipped on our side.Iit matters more if we win and less if we lose. I wont mention this again. Good point.