10A Outlook

WHH

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JB lost 40-6 to Cheatham County. It was a tale of two halves. I thought the first half JB came out ready to play, had a really good script of plays and was successful. I think they surprised a lot of people with the way they were playing (including myself). To me, we looked every bit as good as CC. With about 4 minutes left in the 2nd quarter JB's drive stalled on the 20 and we barely missed a 37 yard field goal which would have put us up 9-7. From there CC drove down the field and with less than a minute to go CC threw a pass and JB was about to intercept it until a CC player grab our player and THREW him down caught the ball and scored a TD. This happened right in front of the ref and there was no call...unbelievable!

In the second half I thought JB's effort wasn't there. I don't know if it was that play to end the second half that got us down or CC's physical play. Either way, CC took over the game. I know JB got blown out but I really don't feel that bad about it. CC is a tough, big, and physical team and we played toe to toe with them for the first half. Yeah we need to play 4 quarters but there were some things to be happy about.

From here, JB has all district games. We're 3-3 and I like where we're at provided we can get a few players healthy.

NC was up 49-19. Pulled off the dogs early in the fourth. That's why Lancaster put up 35. Defense had a great game shutting down #2.

http://nashvillechristiansports.com/2012/09/scoring-explosion-this-homecoming-ncs-56-over-lancaster-35/

Lancaster should be a much better team than their record. I worked the chains this past Friday night and standing on their sideline I can tell that Lancaster has some really good athletes. Not sure if it is the coaching or what but they give up a lot of yards to the dumbest penalties. Good athletes but bad football players, if that makes any sense. They are a team that can surprise teams with their speed and athleticism. Hard team to figure out.

NCS keeps improving each week and their starting QB #16 has not played the last two games, bruised thigh i believe, and #12 has stepped up and played well in his absence. #7 keeps pilling up yards with another big night scoring 5 TD's. The Eagles Defense has scored several TD's this year, with picks 6's, fumble recovery's, and so bunch of SACKS. They force a lot of turnovers that make them a much harder team to prepare for than in the past.

http://nashvillechristiansports.com