Revised Powers-Limbaugh plan - what do you think?

davidlimbaugh

Seniors should have told him to kiss it and parents should have gone to school board... their last game of baseball career for most if not all took away by some dork. Sure! This scenario has no bearing on this thread anyway. Sounds like Scotts Hill couldn't man up.

Scotts Hill did man up,they were beaten and they accepted that fact without excuses or whining about circumstances beyond their control.They graduated (some with their unie's under their gowns),then some called the A'ville players to apologise for not staying for the post game handshake and congratulate them on the win.You evidently read post content like some read the Good Book,in small segments not too hard on their own toes.Read the entire thread and similar scenerios were used to promote changing the playoff format,illustrating the "unfairness" of being beaten by an outstanding pitcher on a mediocre team.Understand the material before being so cynical.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to beat the guys in the other dugout and accept the consequences no matter which method you use. That's moot.

Never been a fan of 'we've always done it this way' (particularly when you'll be hard pressed to find anyone else doing it this way), and the crux of the argument of riding one guy's arm is that it's not in the best interest of 'the arm' to ride it all the way to state. Put the kids first, find a logical method of determining how to get to state and let one dugout beat the guys in the other dugout in a logical fashion.

WHATEVER WAY TSSAA CAN MAKE THE MOST MONEY THATS WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO JUST LOOK THEY CHARGE TWICE AS MUCH AS THE OTHER STATES AROUND US BUT MOST IMPORTANT THEY HAVE TO PUT SOME KIND OF PITCH RULE IN EFFECT FOR THE REGULAR SEASON WAY WAY TO MANY KIDS THROWING 115 125 PITCHES A GAME AND SOME TWICE A WEEK CAUSE THE COACHES DONT CARE AS LONG AS THEY WIN I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOMETHING LIKE NO KID COULD THROW MORE THAN LIKE 110 OR SO PITCHES IN A 5 DAY SPAN

I feel that you must beat the team in the other dugout and advance,or lose and accept the consequences.Too often it's some uncontrollable circumstance befalling the"better"team causing them to lose(from their own point of view).If the manager can manipulate his roster to improve the odds of a win on gameday without making his team vulnerable the next day,he's doing his job well.A great arm on a mediocre team is an asset,but will be exposed before the tourney is over,and a championship is not realistic for such a team.A 'couple of seasons past Scotts Hill finished second in 15A to Riverside,playing them tough in all but one game in the reg. season,and taking one game from them(one of two losses all year for them if memory serves).The regular season mattered as they were seeded second in tournament pairings,but fell to Adamsville and were eliminated.Weather played a role as rainouts forced the game to be played the afternoon of the senior laden teams graduation ceremony,and the principal had informed the players that "no one will recieve a diploma who doesen't walk the aisle".Taking into consideration the scores against district champ Riverside,the fact that Riverside was not challenged at all at spring fling,the graduation drama,and the fact that Adamsville went on to be one out away from facing the Panthers in the state c'ship after being swept by Scotts Hill and finishing 4'th in the15A regular season,the arguement could be made that the second best team in single A ball didn't get a fair chance...but they did.Scotts Hill did not win the game required to advance,for whatever reason,end of story,no excuses.For two and a'half seasons Riverside had to endure hearing the "one great arm" theory preached as the reason for their success,until a great tragedy forced them to prove it false.There is no scenerio,no system,no format that would guarantee the "best" team wins (thank God) every game.Bring your best every gameday,and may the best team (ON THAT DAY) win!

What school board would plan graduation during Spring Fling? Any school board with an ounce of common sense would check the TSSAA schedule and not plan graduation during Spring Fling as it could create problems for several student/athletes.

What school board would plan graduation during Spring Fling? Any school board with an ounce of common sense would check the TSSAA schedule and not plan graduation during Spring Fling as it could create problems for several student/athletes.

Whoa, be careful, you might start to sound cynical about the situation. Past season at SC almost had a scenario which would have played during graduation and even our principal was on board for having an on-field ceremony the following day. Now that's manning up! Too bad for Scott's Hill... could have been different. Shouldn't put any blame on the playoff system for their poor decisions.

Edited by haebvols

Meh. You go long enough, you get a high school diploma. Walking the line is over rated. I only walked in college for my Mom. Anybody know where their high school diploma is? My college degree is hanging on my office wall. I haven't seen my high school diploma since sometime in June of 1980. Let my son sell my high school ring to pay for the one that he doesn't wear. It was gathering dust in a drawer for the last 30 years. One of my kids found it at the grandparents house.

I'm going to guess that 100% of all baseball seniors would not mind at all getting their diploma at home plate at the state tournament because that means they're playing in state.

Edited by ksgovols

Meh. You go long enough, you get a high school diploma. Walking the line is over rated. I only walked in college for my Mom. Anybody know where their high school diploma is? My college degree is hanging on my office wall. I haven't seen my high school diploma since sometime in June of 1980. Let my son sell my high school ring to pay for the one that he doesn't wear. It was gathering dust in a drawer for the last 30 years. One of my kids found it at the grandparents house.

I'm going to guess that 100% of all baseball seniors would not mind at all getting their diploma at home plate at the state tournament because that means they're playing in state.

Well said, sir... lost mine in a panty raid @ UT, go figure. Again. alittle off topic, but point made. Back to topic, where do you go from here, David?