best team (freshman)

Guest jonnybravo1

dominating mccallie, mus, baylor, father ryan

That is not true. MBA barely beat Father Ryan where they would had lost had it not been raining. Beating us 2-0 is no dominations, besides I heard we scored a touchdown and would have won 7-2 but it was called back. MBA freshmen team is good but NOT better than Father Ryan's. Father Ryan just has way too much talent this year. Besides, didnt MBA almost offer a scholarship to Matt Mulloy(goes to father ryan, freshmen)? Watch out for Father Ryan's three upcoming classes, they are slowly getting better and will make Father Ryan the same old War Machine it used to be. MBA beat Father Ryan's freshmen last year, but barely, some HORRIBLE calls by the ref that would ahve won the game for us. So I say the best freshmen team are Ryan and Ravenwood(who beat MBA)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Father Ryan[/url'> Wrestling' date='Nov 1 2004 - 09:39 PM']season from last year. and yes we would have won.

825411900[/snapback]

OK, again, the post you quoted (look at the date of the post on Page 3) about MBA "dominating mccallie, mus, baylor, father ryan" was made during the 2002 season. No comments were made about what MBA did to Ryan in 2003 and 2004.

I would like to add Hardin County to the list of very good freshmen team in West Tennessee this season. They completed the season with a 6-2 record with victories over Jackson Northside, Chester County, Lexington, Lewis County, Lawrenceburg and JCM. I don't know where the earlier poster got his JCM information about being undefeated but they lost to Hardin County on September 23 at the Jungle in Savannah. The Hardin County team performed excellently this season and should be a great addition to the varsity squad for the Tigers in the future.

I don't know a whole lot about the Riverdale freshman team I just go by the updates on their website, but if I ever get a chance to ask anyone about why the game was cancelled I will.

825413601[/snapback]

The game was cancelled because the Varsity game was moved up to Thursday because of the Hurricane that was blowing in. Most of the games in the area were moved to Thursday and that was a mistake cause it POURED rain Thursday and Friday night was great weather!

Okay now listen up, The top 2 freshman teams in Region 5-A football are Ooltewah and Farragut. And yes they did play in the Freshman Championship last Saturday in McMinn. Coming into the game both teams were undefeated. Unfortunately, Farraguts explosive offensive line,excellent running game, and flawless defense gave the Admirals a win, winning the game 26-14. Although Ooltewah suffered a heart breaking loss, they averaged 31 points a game and allowing a stunning 8 pts a game in 9 games (including Jamboree). This Freshmen class has tons of speed and loads of talent. Everyone should look forward to this class and the upcoming season!

Independence's freshman team is a really good team, especially being at a new school. They beat Dickson Co. 18-14, Lost to Ezell-Harding's JV 22-18, Beat BA 9&10 graders 21-0 (obviously not all 10th graders from BA played), Killed Ravenwood 42-21, Beat up on Spring Hill 21-0, and beat JPII freshman 28-14. Their only losses came to franklin, in a game that they just didn't really want to play. Also, Franklin could get a vote for being one of the best freshmen teams around. Those boys are huge. And Independence hung with MBA, but finally lost 31-18. MBA's freshman team is not a bunch of well-disciplined soliders, it's a bunch of cheap, dirty players. A lot of hits way behind the play. The MBA freshman quarterback was supposed to go to Indpendence, but ended up going to MBA. I guess that's why he layed out a defensive end 70 yards behind the play.

Independence has some freshmen that will be starting at the varsity level next year, #22 Scott Pettigrew is a very talented runner, with an uncanny ability to find a seam. #28 Isaac Baugh is a quick back that also can play corner. #52 Rodney Coffey is a pretty good guard, with a nose for the pancake. Another name to watch for is #59 Joe Pearson. He looks more like a cornerback at defensive end but he dominated Page in a JV game. #18 Bobby Meredith and #20 D.J. Strand make contributions to the running game and secondary, as does #12 Ryan Consiglio. Get to know these names, because by the time these kids are seniors, they should be a force in region 6-5A. Independence's JV struggled this year, but the freshman did much better than expected.

• 8 months later...
who do ya'll think is the best freshman team.i think that the hendersonville team is the best i've seen they have good size and great speed. their starting running backs are two of the best i've seen in Sean Schlagenhaft and Edward Sawyer with sean running a 4.5 and edward 4.6 but he is of the more power back and sean is the speedster.the team is 7-1 and all the kids have come together.sean and edward have combined for over 25 touchdowns this team is for real and everyone needs to look out for these boys when they get to the varsity level.

161474[/snapback]

I was on that Freshamn team and yes we were very good. Everyone on the team kinda broke off with moving and Station Camp and people quitting. This would be our senior year together and even though im not there and many others I stil expect big things out of Sawyer and others.