Nashville's Best Middle Schools

Guest Gladiator1

Guest Gladiator1

Moore, Kennedy, Dalewood, and Gra-Mar will probably be the top 4 teams in the Nashville area. What do you think? Moore-Hillsboro, Kennedy-Antioch, Dalewood-Stratford, Gra-Mar-Maplewood.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gladiator1

Does BA have seperate 7th and 8th grade teams? I would put the 4 top Metro teams up against BA, MBA or any other Mid-State team. Speed and Athleticism of the inner city Nashville schools would be too much for the private schools to contend with. These 4 teams would beat most of the 9th grade teams in Nashville as well.

Posted by Gladiator1:

Does BA have seperate 7th and 8th grade teams? I would put the 4 top Metro teams up against BA, MBA or any other Mid-State team. Speed and Athleticism of the inner city Nashville schools would be too much for the private schools to contend with. These 4 teams would beat most of the 9th grade teams in Nashville as well.

BA does have separate 7 and 8 grade teams. BTW, they have lost only once in the past 3 years. They would crush all of the metro teams. It would not be close.

Glad,

You know what the BA high school team would do against the metro teams, so what makes you think that the BA 8th grade team would be any different? They really are that good. They have the same type of athletes as the metro teams or better and they play very disciplined football. The 8th grade team has great athletes and the 7th grade team is not far behind. Carlton Flatt has reloaded the Brentwood Academy football wagon once again!!!!!

Guest Gladiator1

Moore Middle School is loaded with talent and is coached well. Gra-Mar is the same way. Dalewood and Kennedy are new schools that are absolutely loaded with talent. We often see many excellent young athletes turn away from Athletics once they enter the High Schools for whatever reason. I believe that most of BA's talent comes from Metro's best Middle School programs. I also believe that BA has the best High School team in the Mid-State. Time and time again I see excellent middle school players leave the 8th grade to relocate to a private school. I do not blame the players for doing so. I may one day send my child to a private school. My arguement stems from my belief that private schools obtain most of their best skilled players in their 9th grade year. We will never know, but, I still believe that these 4 teams could play with BA or MBA.

Posted by cbg:

Glad,

You know what the BA high school team would do against the metro teams, so what makes you think that the BA 8th grade team would be any different? They really are that good. They have the same type of athletes as the metro teams or better and they play very disciplined football. The 8th grade team has great athletes and the 7th grade team is not far behind. Carlton Flatt has reloaded the Brentwood Academy football wagon once again!!!!!

Posted by Gladiator1:

Moore Middle School is loaded with talent and is coached well. Gra-Mar is the same way. Dalewood and Kennedy are new schools that are absolutely loaded with talent. We often see many excellent young athletes turn away from Athletics once they enter the High Schools for whatever reason. I believe that most of BA's talent comes from Metro's best Middle School programs. I also believe that BA has the best High School team in the Mid-State. Time and time again I see excellent middle school players leave the 8th grade to relocate to a private school. I do not blame the players for doing so. I may one day send my child to a private school. My arguement stems from my belief that private schools obtain most of their best skilled players in their 9th grade year. We will never know, but, I still believe that these 4 teams could play with BA or MBA.

Posted by cbg:

Glad,

Your assumption simply isn't valid. Most of the starters on today's BA varsity have been there since 6th or 7th grade. That is a fact, although many people, for their own reasons I suppose, like to think otherwise. BTW, the 8th grade team at BA that had today's varsity starting Junior backfield...Holbert and Townsend, was not nearly as good as this year's team. In fact, they even lost one game...practically unheard of at BA's middle school.

Posted by Gladiator1:

Posted by cbg:

Glad,

Glad, BA's jr.High program is the same as their High school program. Don't think for a minute that

coach Flatt isn't a big part of the 7th and 8th grade team. He has as much influence on those kids

as he does the senior high. They have the same philosophy and they use a lot of the same schemes.

Back in the day, we use to beat the devil out of the public powerhouses(Gallatin, Dickson County, etc....)

They would not play us in High school. There have been many teams faster, stronger, and quicker

than BA but that was overcome by coaching, fundamentals, and heart. There is something about

that program that, as a player, makes you believe.

Lets get something straight..... "back in the day". Carlton Flatt was offered the game of a lifetime. Dudley Field and what would have been the game of the decade. GALLATIN!!!! All he would have to do is move up to 3-A. He had the talent and the numbers but he refused. I do not recall ever playing Brentwood Aca in middle school or back then junior high. We might have but I don't remember it. But the TRUTH is Brentwood Aca was given a chance and THEY refused. Get your facts straight!!! :o