Nashville's Best Middle Schools

Guest Gladiator1

Posted by GWAVE1:

Lets get something straight..... "back in the day". Carlton Flatt was offered the game of a lifetime. Dudley Field and what would have been the game of the decade. GALLATIN!!!! All he would have to do is move up to 3-A. He had the talent and the numbers but he refused. I do not recall ever playing Brentwood Aca in middle school or back then junior high. We might have but I don't remember it. But the TRUTH is Brentwood Aca was given a chance and THEY refused. Get your facts straight!!! :o

1983 or 1984 BA at Gallatin(jr.high). BA victory. That's the fact Jack

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did this supposedly happer?

Posted by GWAVE1:

Lets get something straight..... "back in the day". Carlton Flatt was offered the game of a lifetime. Dudley Field and what would have been the game of the decade. GALLATIN!!!! All he would have to do is move up to 3-A. He had the talent and the numbers but he refused. I do not recall ever playing Brentwood Aca in middle school or back then junior high. We might have but I don't remember it. But the TRUTH is Brentwood Aca was given a chance and THEY refused. Get your facts straight!!! :o

Posted by shsheadbusta88:

the best team by far in the mid-state is smyrna,and since blackman was too stupid to sign up in the tmsaa they will only play for the mid-state title instead of the state title.way to go blackman middle!

We'll see just how good ya'll really are tomorrow when you guys take on those dummies from Blackman Middle(those undefeated dummies)! My guess is: Flames 35 vs. Bulldogs 10

Posted by ExFire87:

Well all i know is that fairview went undefeated this year w/ our 7th grade team beating ba's 7th grade team plus they had some 8th graders too!

My son was on BA's seventh grade team, we did not play Fairview this season. BTW, the BA seventh grade team did go undefeated this year, as the did the eighth grade.

Posted by Gladiator1:

I would like to know how tough BA's schedule is? Did you play Tenn Prep or TSB this year?

They did not play Tenn Prep or TSB. The Eight grade team played Grassland, Goodpasture, Woodland, BGA, MBA,Ezell-Harding? and West Wilson?

It is my impression that they will play all comers, but have a difficult time finding opponents. If a school wants to put them on the schedule call the middle school athletic department.

Briantodd, the answer is late 80's or early 90's. There was a write up in the Banner or The Tenneessean. It should have been in the later half of the year when schedules were made. I remember that they were given the chance and Flatt balked at it. Brentwood Aca. countered with play us anyway but Gallatin never played schools who were not in their classification. See we played the TOUGHEST competion. We did not have to beat up on the Waverlys, Portlands, or Lewis Co's of the world. We won our state titles at the highest classification.

As for the JR. High games, you might be right. Frankly I don't remember as I said.

But Flatt did not accept the invite or the game that would have broken every attendance record for the state. Now that is the FACT!!!! Jack. :)

Guest Gladiator1

Moore/Hillsboro vs. Dalewood/Stratford @ Hillsboro

Gra-Mar/Maplewood vs. Kennedy/Antioch @ Maplewood

Both games will be played Wednesday Oct. 30 @ 5:00

I predict Moore and Gra-Mar will play in a Championship Game next week.