Union City

Yeah Big Swo blowing a 21-0 lead did hurt but I am sure not as bad as losing to a team in the quarterfinals that probably could not have finished in our top 4 in District 14-A. To Bad the Tornadoes shot their wad in beating LC and had nothing left for the War Eagles!!LOL.Or too bad you guys have given up 112 points to LC in the last 2 regular season games. Either way you know I am just picking at you as well!! Both programs should have good teams this year and I look forward to the October match-up.

And the Falcons are gonna tear a hole in them Twisters..

Hey guys! Its been a while since Ive even looked at coacht let alone post anything. But with my life changing and now two of my sons serving our country Ive had a few other things to concentrate on. I just read the article about the new coach staff and it all sounds great. I have also spoken with some of the key players for next season and they all sound very positive about our upcoming season. The only real concern for me is the same concern as it been since we won the title. Defense and turnovers. It seems that we lost that agression that caused opposing qbs nightmares in 09. At that time no one could run the ball on us and if they tried to pass our front 7 chased the qb around so much that he would either be sacked, throw the ball away or toss a pic. Even against SP in the title game it was more thier very talented and fast qb that kept them in the game by alluding our rush than anything anyone else did that day. If we can capture that relentless attack that those boys had we can return to the top. If we drive the ball to the 5 and turn it over in a close game and cant force a 3 and out then it doesnt matter how well we play offense. I hope this crop of new coaches has the skills to develope this attitude in the players we have now. I know coaches coach and players play but i heard, second hand, some of those firey locker room speaches Coach Kennedy used to fire those boys up. It obviously had an effect. I guess what Im trying to sum up here is we need that hunter versus prey attitude on defense. Think Like "That guy has my supper and Im so hungry Im gonna take away from him" Hate losing more than you love winning.

Swo.That doesn't sound too good .Everyone or at least some have the Tornadoes in the State title game with about 9 or 10 starters returning.I still think the Falcons are going to be the team.UC is gonna punish teams with that 2 or 3 yards a carry .But still will be hard to beat if they can contain those long drives without turnovers.Just tell all those Twister fans to not overlook those Falcons.Word is that LC will be better on defense and probably better on offense.Rafael Tyler is gone and will be missed,but word is that his replacement,Zay Coleman,the excellent basketball player, is just as big a threat.And LC also has another weapon that wasn't on the team last year in Raheem Flowers who lives in Lake Co but went to Dyer Co his freahman year and transferred back but has to sit until week 5.So I guess that has him playing against UC.And LC has a quarterback that can throw.Does UC have a passer?Cqan't wait.I know this is UC's thread but couldnt resist.LC will be owning this thread before long.lol..Hope your sons stay safe and get home to watch the Falcons speed past thos Tornadoes.See ya in about 4 months hopefully.Abd by the way.This thread is about your new coaches.They're not playing so they aren't going to help at all...lol

Edited by mrbigster

Bigster dont get me wrong I believe in our program and will support our boys to the end. Im simply pointing out that we have been horrible on defense and that has to change. We will be in some close games. Close games are won with defense. I love the grind it out ball control concept of the offense. All Im pointing out is that if we hold the ball for 9 minutes a quater and score once but our opponent scores in 3 minutes we are not gonna win with that type of play on a consistant basis. Also if we turn it over numerous times every game and cant play defense then the situation gets worse. Defense is attitude. An Attitude of impossing your will on your opponant. Thats the attitude we have lacked. We must get that back. I still believe we will have fried Flacon in October as a warm up to roated turkey on thanksgiving. But to get to the title game, defense, in my opinoin, is the side of the ball that brings home the gold ball instead of the silver.

Wardawg you are right about shooting our wad against LC but atleast we shot our wad all over your field.LOL

That was nice.

Bigster dont get me wrong I believe in our program and will support our boys to the end. Im simply pointing out that we have been horrible on defense and that has to change. We will be in some close games. Close games are won with defense. I love the grind it out ball control concept of the offense. All Im pointing out is that if we hold the ball for 9 minutes a quater and score once but our opponent scores in 3 minutes we are not gonna win with that type of play on a consistant basis. Also if we turn it over numerous times every game and cant play defense then the situation gets worse. Defense is attitude. An Attitude of impossing your will on your opponant. Thats the attitude we have lacked. We must get that back. I still believe we will have fried Flacon in October as a warm up to roated turkey on thanksgiving. But to get to the title game, defense, in my opinoin, is the side of the ball that brings home the gold ball instead of the silver.

Wardawg you are right about shooting our wad against LC but atleast we shot our wad all over your field.LOL

That was nice.

You are right BigSwo. Defense does wins championships, but your offense won the 2009 title against S.P for you guys. I really believe that your best defense that year was your offense.

That was nice.

Gonna be hard to stop Hyde and the Lewis kid helps out with his breakaway speed.Hopefully the Falcons have enough on defense to maybe slow them down a litle.If not,probably going to be another shootout.Cant really see UC stopping LC this year with the weapons that LC will have and the speed.Think it's going to be better this year.Defense has been the Falcons problem the past several years.Wardawg seems to think LC will be better on that side of the ball this year so I'm optimistic but holding my breath.With Humboldt,Trenton supposedely maybe looking good this year and UC and LC.And maybe South Fulton which I havent heard much about this year but do know they have a fine quarterback returning,should be some great games.But as far as fried Falcons.Doesn't sound too good and probably not going to happen anyway.If you are planning on fried Falcons during the holidays..better just wait on the Turkey.

He is doing great Butchie thanks for asking. His younger brother is in the Navy and is traing in aviation electronics. They both are doing good. How are you and yours?

Fair To Middlin...All Healthy And Have Bight Future...My Former Wide Receiver Is Headed To Medical School In Memphis In August...Tell Your Sons We Are All Proud Of Them And Their Service To Our Great Country! :thumb:

Edited by Butchie

Best defense is when your offense has the ball.

True Atlas very True, but if you cant stop the other team and they have skilled players who can score quickly you have a problem. I love our style of play on offense and agree that we can play keep away very well. We can run 15 plus plays and score and I love that. But.... when the opposing offense moves down the field in 5 plays or less its a mute point. We had several opponants last 2 seasons who were able to do that and we ended up losing. We need to force more punts and create more pressure on qb's to help out with our ball control style of play. Especially when we reach the later rounds of the playoffs. Thats how we won State and even then we had problems with skilled players. Our defense was great and limmited the Pirates to 21 offensive points. They had one touch down on special teams. Our defense was able to slow them down enough to force turnovers and made graet goaline stands. This helped our ball control and gave us the title.