Union City

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is no doubt...this is going be a HUGE advantage for the Union City program. The lack of coaching experiences the last two seasons after the 2009 Championship season replacing older experienced with fresh , young and unexperienced coaches has hurt the last 2 years. With what is left over and what is coming in for next year, Union City will be back on top and should make a very strong run to the title game in the 2012 season. Can't wait and looking forward to the spring drills to start. The system in general will benefit in the classroom as well with these new additions. Both, a win / win situation for everyone.

Very impressive article and sounds like very good additions to the UC program and school. Good luck in the upcoming season and hope you win all your games except against Dresden. Managed to watch the UC vs Dresden basketball game at UC this year, as impressed as I was with your basketball team I was more impressed with your trophy case and wall of fame............... Very nice!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! Its been a while since Ive even looked at coacht let alone post anything. But with my life changing and now two of my sons serving our country Ive had a few other things to concentrate on. I just read the article about the new coach staff and it all sounds great. I have also spoken with some of the key players for next season and they all sound very positive about our upcoming season. The only real concern for me is the same concern as it been since we won the title. Defense and turnovers. It seems that we lost that agression that caused opposing qbs nightmares in 09. At that time no one could run the ball on us and if they tried to pass our front 7 chased the qb around so much that he would either be sacked, throw the ball away or toss a pic. Even against SP in the title game it was more thier very talented and fast qb that kept them in the game by alluding our rush than anything anyone else did that day. If we can capture that relentless attack that those boys had we can return to the top. If we drive the ball to the 5 and turn it over in a close game and cant force a 3 and out then it doesnt matter how well we play offense. I hope this crop of new coaches has the skills to develope this attitude in the players we have now. I know coaches coach and players play but i heard, second hand, some of those firey locker room speaches Coach Kennedy used to fire those boys up. It obviously had an effect. I guess what Im trying to sum up here is we need that hunter versus prey attitude on defense. Think Like "That guy has my supper and Im so hungry Im gonna take away from him" Hate losing more than you love winning.

Wardawg! Really? Come on man if you want to blow up your team then start a thread. I know we mentioned your team but this is our thread. Our poster was simply pointing out a couple of things about how we would stack up next year. Then comes the full scouting report from Lake county. That play off loss must have hurt. And by the way Im only teasing you. Please dont write a novel.

Yeah Big Swo blowing a 21-0 lead did hurt but I am sure not as bad as losing to a team in the quarterfinals that probably could not have finished in our top 4 in District 14-A. To Bad the Tornadoes shot their wad in beating LC and had nothing left for the War Eagles!!LOL.Or too bad you guys have given up 112 points to LC in the last 2 regular season games. Either way you know I am just picking at you as well!! Both programs should have good teams this year and I look forward to the October match-up.