Smith County football

scooter

whites creek team is about the size of somebodys freshman team..so im guess sc did there job...

I didn't get to see the scrimage - all I remember from last year's scrimmage with Whites Creek is the 340 lb nose guard that is signing with TSU. I did understand that he was on his back most of the day.

Edited by scooter

I didn't get to see the scrimage - all I remember from last year's scrimmage with Whites Creek is the 340 lb nose guard that is signing with TSU. I did understand that he was on his back most of the day.

Ya he's REAL good..he's in everybodys back field even if you double team him...I wish he was a little bit taller "5"9" He would really make some nose...

How'd the scrimmage go @ DCA?

Looked pretty good, there was some bobbles but over all decent. Manning ran better than he did against Whites Creek. The QB looked as good as you would expect but the recievers dropped to many balls. Carr caught a few and AP caught several and looked good. Like I said they had ups and downs but it was a 3 way scrimmage also with Hillwood. I personally thought the Carter boys looked great on the D-Line, especially Taylor, but don't know if they will be fixture there or not.

Looked pretty good, there was some bobbles but over all decent. Manning ran better than he did against Whites Creek. The QB looked as good as you would expect but the recievers dropped to many balls. Carr caught a few and AP caught several and looked good. Like I said they had ups and downs but it was a 3 way scrimmage also with Hillwood. I personally thought the Carter boys looked great on the D-Line, especially Taylor, but don't know if they will be fixture there or not.

The owls looked good against Hillwood. DCA is VERY young. I don't think Hillwood crossed the Owls 50 yard line. Offense looked good but can't make mistakes when in scoring position. Several good passes caught but several good passes dropped. Going against Cookeville Sat. night should help the team. GOT to cut down on mistakes!!!!!!! (Don't like 3 way scrimmages)

Edited by scooter

The owls looked good against Hillwood. DCA is VERY young. I don't think Hillwood crossed the Owls 50 yard line. Offense looked good but can't make mistakes when in scoring position. Several good passes caught but several good passes dropped. Going against Cookeville Sat. night should help the team. GOT to cut down on mistakes!!!!!!! (Don't like 3 way scrimmages)

thumb[1].gif