Huntingdon Jamboree

@38320

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntingdon did look good but was handed a gift inside the 10 yard line when Lake Co fumbled the ball.So really cant blame that on th LC defense.Later Lake co had the ball ,picked up a first down on about the huntingdon 30 yard line and had a first and ten.Next play the center snapped the ball over the quarterbacks head and it was 1st and 25.Lake co had problems with the snaps several times.The starting center got hurt last week I'm told,ACL and will be out for the season.Once LC gets that corrected and also Nick,the quarterback is going to have to see the ball in and not rush and hold onto the ball himself.But a lot of center to quarterback exchanges will have to be fixed.Went to really see if the LC defense was going to be better but was more dissappointed in the offense.But Huntingdon did look impressive.Thought UC looked good.Had some speed with #5 and #7 but still not convinced they can throw.Had a fourth and 8 yards to go once in the first quarter and ran Hyde up the middle for about a 3 yard gain.But maybe just a jamboree and they didnt want to show much.But they will have to show me during a game or I'd load up on the line for the run.I thought Bruceton looked good as well.Looked better than PC on both sides of the ball.Bruceton won 13-0 but had the ball and was driving when time ran out.Also thought Bruceton should have scored in the first quarter as Bruceton threw a pass in the end zone that should have been pass interference,I thought Huntingdon looked the best followed by UC and West Carrol and Bruceton was pretty close.Based on just last night LC,PC and McKenzie looked like they need to play each other.

Bigster that sounded pretty good and an honest assessment of the night. I did not go to the jamboree and from what i read on the T Im glad I didnt. I heard LC made Huntingdon look better than they were and UC was very very conservative. Thats Bowlings way. The veer plays to that. He will lure you in though and put on over your head if he has the right personell in the game. I am looking forward to some real football now. But I still say that caoch wont show his entire arsenal until he has to. He has so many differant looks to the veer that its very hard to prepare for. Once you think you have it skeemed he changes the formation and then its back to the drawing board. So dont take it that last night is how we are and I will do the same for the rest of the teams . jamborees are vanilla.

Huntingdon really looked good tonight at "the Hole." They really made Lake Co. look bad. The Crockett Co./McKenzie game was a good game. I think Ward is turning the Cavs around. Perry Co.couldn't handle Bruceton's Tiger Speed. To me the West Carroll/Union City game could have gone either way. All the teams had the early August jitters (except possibly the Mustangs), and that's another good reason to have the jamboree. Hat's off to Huntingdon for being a great host to a fine jamboree. Huntingdon also has the best concession around. I wonder if the other jamborees around are as good as our Carroll Co. one?

The jamboree in Paris is amazing!!!

Huntingdon did look good but was handed a gift inside the 10 yard line when Lake Co fumbled the ball.So really cant blame that on th LC defense.Later Lake co had the ball ,picked up a first down on about the huntingdon 30 yard line and had a first and ten.Next play the center snapped the ball over the quarterbacks head and it was 1st and 25.Lake co had problems with the snaps several times.The starting center got hurt last week I'm told,ACL and will be out for the season.Once LC gets that corrected and also Nick,the quarterback is going to have to see the ball in and not rush and hold onto the ball himself.But a lot of center to quarterback exchanges will have to be fixed.Went to really see if the LC defense was going to be better but was more dissappointed in the offense.But Huntingdon did look impressive.Thought UC looked good.Had some speed with #5 and #7 but still not convinced they can throw.Had a fourth and 8 yards to go once in the first quarter and ran Hyde up the middle for about a 3 yard gain.But maybe just a jamboree and they didnt want to show much.But they will have to show me during a game or I'd load up on the line for the run.I thought Bruceton looked good as well.Looked better than PC on both sides of the ball.Bruceton won 13-0 but had the ball and was driving when time ran out.Also thought Bruceton should have scored in the first quarter as Bruceton threw a pass in the end zone that should have been pass interference,I thought Huntingdon looked the best followed by UC and West Carrol and Bruceton was pretty close.Based on just last night LC,PC and McKenzie looked like they need to play each other.

Edited by mrbigster

To defense to Union City's passing game, their #1 receiver in Lewis has not played in either the McKenzie scrimage nor the Jamboree against West Carrol. He will play against Obion. He is the fastest kid on the team by far. Bowlin is a clock control freak...the more time he has on his side of the ball, the less chance anyone else has at scoring which means run the football. They are going to throw....but only when needed. Once Lewis gets back....the throw game will open up.

Bigster that sounded pretty good and an honest assessment of the night. I did not go to the jamboree and from what i read on the T Im glad I didnt. I heard LC made Huntingdon look better than they were and UC was very very conservative. Thats Bowlings way. The veer plays to that. He will lure you in though and put on over your head if he has the right personell in the game. I am looking forward to some real football now. But I still say that caoch wont show his entire arsenal until he has to. He has so many differant looks to the veer that its very hard to prepare for. Once you think you have it skeemed he changes the formation and then its back to the drawing board. So dont take it that last night is how we are and I will do the same for the rest of the teams . jamborees are vanilla.

I was impressed with UC overall.A couple times ,I lost the ball when he faked to Hyde and pitched out.Once the quarterback even kept it himself for a long gain.Have to keep their eyes open on defense.Key on Hyde too much and one of the speedsters will turn the corner for an easy and quick touchdown.I'm hoping our offense is better than what I saw last night.

I was impressed with UC overall.A couple times ,I lost the ball when he faked to Hyde and pitched out.Once the quarterback even kept it himself for a long gain.Have to keep their eyes open on defense.Key on Hyde too much and one of the speedsters will turn the corner for an easy and quick touchdown.I'm hoping our offense is better than what I saw last night.

Thats the veer man. We like attention on our fullback. Especially when you have kids who can blaze on the outside. Add a couple of passes to that and you have a problem to deal with.

Got talent, just maybe tighten up on fundamentals

i know its just a jamboree, but i don't think lake co. got but one first down and that was on the one pass they threw! defensively huntingdon will be dominant.