is there some sort of mystique about maryville?

Governm

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

StrongX,

However many years ago it was, when the Rebs started 0 -4, yours truly was asked to do the pre-game chapel talk before game #5 (guess who that was against?). Anyway, the Rebels won that night and went on to win state. The rest, of course, is history. Since then, I have done one pre-game talk per season and the Rebs have never lost one of of those games. So, I'm just saying... They may need the old "GovMan Mystique" !!! rolleyes.gif

Great story govman. It is good to know another wb grad is helping with the murvil tradition. You may want to spread that love around to heritage and wb this year. Can you bottle it up and sell it?

StrongX,

However many years ago it was, when the Rebs started 0 -4, yours truly was asked to do the pre-game chapel talk before game #5 (guess who that was against?). Anyway, the Rebels won that night and went on to win state. The rest, of course, is history. Since then, I have done one pre-game talk per season and the Rebs have never lost one of of those games. So, I'm just saying... They may need the old "GovMan Mystique" !!! rolleyes.gif

Gov-Man why don't chee git Judd's mike and give that pre-gaim speach two evurbodee.......Maybee ewe cain git tha lead songman two come wif ewe.....thumb[1].gif

Gov-Man why don't chee git Judd's mike and give that pre-gaim speach two evurbodee.......Maybee ewe cain git tha lead songman two come wif ewe.....thumb[1].gif

Stars,

That "lead songman" does a mean rendition of Jimmy Hendrix's Star Spangled Banner on the electric guitar. He can rock the place with that one!

Me, too...WOW!! I think there's a difference between pride and narcissism. I don't know your coach/AD, but from what I've read and heard about him, I think 'humble' is a word I would associate with the man. You would do well to try that.

Please accept my humble apologies, Falconvol. That's the problem with a written text. You can't communicate tone or expression. I should have added that it was intended to be read with a soft, kind-hearted almost apologetic tone. The exclamation points are intended to imply a sort of "amazed and surprised tone!

Although, I must admit I was a little tempted to reply with the classic quote of the late Walter Brennen, "No Bragg..Just Fact!"

Here is a nice example as to why we are a little bit proud of our kids: Brian Coulter interview on PrepXtra website-check it out

http://www.knoxnews....ts/high-school/

Edited by oldhick76