SP Pirates

You are leaving out 1985 and 1986 runner-up teams....oh yeah, I forgot....they could not play with the teams 2000 and after....LOL.

Don't know why you are hating on the 1998 team....they were undefeated until they were derailed in Hartsville. Anybody that watched that game can attest that TC had an exceptional team that year led by Thomas Payne. To be an older Pirate, you must have forgotten several seasons....or maybe, just maybe they stomped a mudhole in your Jasper Warriors in 1998??

TELL EM OLE DAVE!!! that boys a flip-flopper he hunts with any dawg thatt'll hunt..i think he has a bad taste for the 85-86 team because we dunked him in the toilet and made him go back to band camp!!!!

We only care about "STATE TITLES" in SP....So 1969,1994,1999,2007 and 2010 state title teams and 2009 and 2011 runner-up are a head of them.....There are 4 or 5 teams as good as the 98 team....74 and 95 come to mind.......

You are leaving out 1985 and 1986 runner-up teams....oh yeah, I forgot....they could not play with the teams 2000 and after....LOL.

Don't know why you are hating on the 1998 team....they were undefeated until they were derailed in Hartsville. Anybody that watched that game can attest that TC had an exceptional team that year led by Thomas Payne. To be an older Pirate, you must have forgotten several seasons....or maybe, just maybe they stomped a mudhole in your Jasper Warriors in 1998??

Edited by UncleDave

We need to have just a thread about SP teams in the past. To get back on topic we need some opinions from the people that went to the jamboree. I didnt attend but I heard the scores. The 2nd game suprised me a little bit. You cant really put much into the jamboree though with the scores. I remember Jasper beat us in Sequatchie one year then we beat the crap out of them in the regular season. I did hear that Signal put 21 up on Central, and the first play was a 70 yard touchdown.

Edited by NoCompetition2

I said "we" not "them" I didn't go to Marion County........You can put the 1985 and 1986 ahead of 1998 team......

Just yanking your chain is all I was doing Lancer....Like PowerP said, it is hard to compare teams. All three of these teams were good but it was just not their year. The Pirates can't win it all every year even though we expect it.....but I would have to say that the 1998 team was the most talented team I have seen at SP that did not win a state title. I think that is backed up by the one in 1999 when they lost Moore, Merriman and the rest of that senior class and still won it all.

I think he is an L.V. Yellowjacket . . .

We need to have just a thread about SP teams in the past. To get back on topic we need some opinions from the people that went to the jamboree. I didnt attend but I heard the scores. The 2nd game suprised me a little bit. You cant really put much into the jamboree though with the scores. I remember Jasper beat us in Sequatchie one year then we beat the crap out of them in the regular season. I did hear that Signal put 21 up on Central, and the first play was a 70 yard touchdown.

Signal Mountain looked unbelievable in Jamboree. Dare I say better than even Baylor. Def bigger and more athletic. The guys have their hands full to say the least. Need to just focus on getting better and take one game at a time. It's a long season