SP Pirates

Ok Hosers....I Noticed 2 Threads Of South Pitt...So I Combined Them...But With This New Screen I Didn't Notice That 1 Was Locked...So..Uh...My Bad?...But I Didn't Lock The First One Either...So Forgive Me...But the First One Did Get A Lil Crazy And Off Topic...So Let's Move On...August Is Coming...

Edited by Butchie

Let me ask you a question. I bought one of those cards today that Grider is selling and it does not have any discounts on their for Foodland or Save a lot. What kind of mess is this? I can not even get a discount with this durn card of Griders for my red bulls or fudge rounds. Let me ask you another question. Grider has not put our runner up sign on the back of that Sherrill mans pressbox. Grider is getting lazy. This is a bunch of mess. That Sherrill man might get mad and not announce these games for Grider is he doesn't do this. You think im joking but im not.

Let me ask you a question. I bought one of those cards today that Grider is selling and it does not have any discounts on their for Foodland or Save a lot. What kind of mess is this? I can not even get a discount with this durn card of Griders for my red bulls or fudge rounds. Let me ask you another question. Grider has not put our runner up sign on the back of that Sherrill mans pressbox. Grider is getting lazy. This is a bunch of mess. That Sherrill man might get mad and not announce these games for Grider is he doesn't do this. You think im joking but im not.

I'll sell you an Eagle Card, Roy. You can get a discount on red bulls and fudge reounds, and cold beer. You think I'm jokin', but you got to buy 'em at Pruett's on the Mountain.

Hey Guys, Lets keep this civil...let's talk football and leave personal attacks out of this thread. Are we participating in any 7 on 7's ?

No 7 on 7's. With Stone and several receivers obligated to baseball during the Spring they need Summer football practice to get caught up. Besides, we won't be relying on passing this year as much as last year. A 7 on 7 wouldn't benefit us much. There will be a scrimmage, but not sure of time and place yet. I'll let you know.

South Pittsburg received 21 votes (by coaches) for pre-season top spot in 1A over Gordonsville who received 9 votes. Huntingdon is third, Union City fourth, and Wayne Co. is fifth. Coalfield, Greenback, Jo Byrns, Lake Co., and Eagleville round out the top ten. Lil Man will be the one opponents will focus on. Although injured most of the season he averaged 8.4 yds/carry covering 1368 yards with 20 TD's. He also caught 17 passes for two more scores. Lankford ran for 2078 yards and 29 TD's. Corbin Hale will be this year's secret weapon. He'll bust through defensive lines with ease. But Jake Stone is where our meat and potatoes will lie. He completed 51% of his passes for 1612 yards and 16 TD's, as well as averaging over 4 yds/carry for 6 more scores, and he started all 15 games. At free safety very few runners got past him. He's a student of the game who works well with the coaches to get the job done. Payne Mosley is the defensive head-hunter of the team. We may not have the size of last year's lines, but the talent is there. Ricky Fehr, Alex Collier, Duele Jones, the Mitchells - Kyan, Kahlil, and Stephon, will easily pick up where the beefy boys left off last year.

Our biggest advantage will be the four in the backfield. Four excellent ball-carriers to choose from. The defenses simply won't be able to focus on one guy.

Perhaps this should be on a SP thread, but all this came from Murphy's book, so I put it here.

I put this on the Murphy Fair thread, but since Pearl started this thread I put it here, too.

Sp will be tough to handle on O this year for sure. I always liked the wingT myself. Defenses have to play fundamental assignment football and if one person is out of place its usually a big gain or a td. I think our defense will be fine as well this year. Sounds funny saying about a team that has been to several state championships but I think this team will surprise some people. Especially during the middle to later part of the season.

Sp will be tough to handle on O this year for sure. I always liked the wingT myself. Defenses have to play fundamental assignment football and if one person is out of place its usually a big gain or a td. I think our defense will be fine as well this year. Sounds funny saying about a team that has been to several state championships but I think this team will surprise some people. Especially during the middle to later part of the season.

True. The line has potential to gel by the time they play BB and GCA.