SP Pirates

Recon Old Pirate is a tad confused bout DM's post? The Pirates have been the measuring stick round the valley for the majority of the last 50 years and the Pirates would be the team to beat again if the conference was still around. OP does acknowledge the Indians as a team returning more starters but the Pirates are tough when theys got their Moe-joe working. Figure if the Pirates find that Moe-joe early, folkes better take notice! Remember.....fellers what OP has been telling youins for a spell now..."If you ain't the lead dog, the view & scenery never changes" Recon the Pirates is still the lead dog in the valley!

You sure it ain't been 75 years

Recon Old Pirate is a tad confused bout DM's post? The Pirates have been the measuring stick round the valley for the majority of the last 50 years and the Pirates would be the team to beat again if the conference was still around. OP does acknowledge the Indians as a team returning more starters but the Pirates are tough when theys got their Moe-joe working. Figure if the Pirates find that Moe-joe early, folkes better take notice! Remember.....fellers what OP has been telling youins for a spell now..."If you ain't the lead dog, the view & scenery never changes" Recon the Pirates is still the lead dog in the valley!

Didnt mean to confuse you OP. I was talking about middle school. Sequatchie started about 6-7 7th graders last year off a 7-1 year losing to SP in final minutes( one of the best Middle school games I have seen). South Pitt Jr will be tough again, because they will be well coached and they wear the Orange and black. High school South PItt will be tough again. Sequatchie should be playing alot of Soph because they had a large SR class.

I think SP has a tough stretch at the end of the season. Does anyone know anything about the team from GA? I seen their record last year, but its hard to go off that when you dont really know any of the teams they played. Going through the GA team, Boyd, Polk, & Knox Grace will be tough. I see us going 3-1 at best. At least we will have Whitwell before that stretch to get our minds off the murder Signal Mountain is going to give us.

I think SP has a tough stretch at the end of the season. Does anyone know anything about the team from GA? I seen their record last year, but its hard to go off that when you dont really know any of the teams they played. Going through the GA team, Boyd, Polk, & Knox Grace will be tough. I see us going 3-1 at best. At least we will have Whitwell before that stretch to get our minds off the murder Signal Mountain is going to give us.

I am sure the team appreciates the confidence you have in them.

Be careful...don't get them Whitwell boys fired up...your post will end up on their bullentin board like Pegleg's post I saw in Gordonsville locker room last year...Did you see Stewards poll with Knox Gace at number 2?

Be careful...don't get them Whitwell boys fired up...your post will end up on their bullentin board like Pegleg's post I saw in Gordonsville locker room last year...Did you see Stewards poll with Knox Gace at number 2?

Yes I learned how to get on a board from powerp.

I am anxious to see if the pirates can answer several questions this season. The offensive line is a question everyone is asking. I have confidence Johnson in the backfield. I do question if Lankford can become the complete back that Johnson seems to be. A complete back meaning one that runs the ball well, blocks well and catches the ball out of the backfield. He looked good running the ball last season, but I hope his blocking skills have improved. If that part of his game has improved then those two will be a good one/two punch this season.