SP Pirates

Lack of confidence wasnt because you predicted a loss, but the fact that you said it would be a murdering. People forget that game was a one score game with about 20 seconds to go before halftime. SP was also within 2 scores late in the third. They wouldn't have won the game, but it would have been nice to play that one with a full team.

Did we stop them one time though? Im pretty sure we didnt. Maybe once. Lol. Do you think anyone we were missing on defense would have made enough of an impact to stop their running or passing game? Dont get me wrong I wish we would kill this team this year, but I just am telling it like I see it. Maybe I was a little more biased when I was in high school, but not anymore.

Edited by NoCompetition2

If your a fan that like's offense then this year's SP team shouldn't disappoint you. I do believe we are going to be in a few offensive battle's this year bc I'm just not sold on the D as of right now. I hope I'm wrong and the D outshine's the O bc that's where championship's are won and lost and we know all to well about that. I do believe that this year's offense could maybe be one of the best we've seen at SP but time will tell. I just can't wait till it's Football Time in Tennessee,high school that is!!!!

Dont say that. TN will suprise you this year, and even if they have been down the last few years you should still be excited to watch! Im going to get on you next time I see you Sportman!

OP is getting ready to head to Fla next week on a fishing trip & since no scrimmage talk has been posted on here, recon Old Pirate ain't goin to miss much. Least way, hope coach Vic learns the youngons the art of ear holing real soon!

6 way Scrimmage on August 4th at Bradley Central High School in Cleveland...

Bradley Central

South Pittsburg

Brainerd

Soddy Daisy

McMinn Central

Hardin Valley

Time to be determined later!!

6 way Scrimmage on August 4th at Bradley Central High School in Cleveland...

Bradley Central

South Pittsburg

Brainerd

Soddy Daisy

McMinn Central

Hardin Valley

Time to be determined later!!

Dad burnit, Saturday is last day for OP round south beach, recon OP will not make that scrimmage with all the recovering from sun burn and the other things that tend to make a feller be bothered while fishing!

SP does have much work to do both offensively and defensively. Don't get too high of hopes about the offense either. They whole offensive line is being rebuilt and the team lost every receiver that caught more than 1-2 passes.

How many receiver's do we need in a run oriented offense that we will be in this year? Also btw the Hawkin's kid caught more than 2 passes all year. The o line will be just fine and I look for that group to come together and maybe be a great group before the season is over with. We might not have the huge size like we've had in the past but there big and quick enough for the wingt. Just watch and see what I'm saying about this offensive unit this year. I'd hate to have to defense it.

How many receiver's do we need in a run oriented offense that we will be in this year? Also btw the Hawkin's kid caught more than 2 passes all year. The o line will be just fine and I look for that group to come together and maybe be a great group before the season is over with. We might not have the huge size like we've had in the past but there big and quick enough for the wingt. Just watch and see what I'm saying about this offensive unit this year. I'd hate to have to defense it.

I agree I thing the O Line will be alright because how big a hole do you need and how long do you have to keep it open. My biggest concern is losing the center. I thing the Pirates biggest surprise will be the D Line but we will see during that scrimmage because doesn't Bradley Central have a big lineman thats already committed to Tennessee.

I garuntee you this team Grider is playing from Georgia is real good. That Edwards man is their coach and he played in the SEC and the NFL. He was trained by that Bellicheck man. Grider was only a manager in the SEC. I garuntee you this Edwards man is a real good coach if he was trained by that Bellicheck man. I looked at their little website they got. You think im joking but im not.

Grider better watch out for that Edwards man then. That Bellicheck man cheats. That Edwards man may have somone in the bushes filming practices and figuring out all of Grider's good plays. You think I am joking but I am not.

I am a Pirates fan but what i don't understand is why Grider does not practice the 2nd string with the 1st string. If you lose a large majority of your 1st string after graduation and have to build again, why would you put all emphasis on 1st string and leave the 2nd string to watch. to me thats not growing and its not smart. What happens when 1st string player gets hurt or any other reason and the second string has to go in when he hasn't had to do anything but watch? That is going to be a loss in the strength of the team. it's just as important to build the bench as to build the starters. There are alot of quality players that are being held back from reaching potential to be very strong additions on offense and defense. To me this just puts them behind one step for the next upcoming season. I know SP always has a good record but on the other hand Grider has had alot of raw talent that he is doesn't have as much of this year. Yeah we have a few that are great but a few can't carry it all. I'm just saying that he needs to spend more time as a whole instead of just a part...that will have a big improvement from year to year changeovers.

Edited by letmesee

Skillet Head, Old Pirate is sure all players get involved, some faster than others due to individual willingness to know what to do. The 1st string will obviously get the majority of the attention & rightfully so. OP says recon folkes can see you have never coached & obviously have been victim of the skillet! Figure your Youngon will get ear holed soon enough & may jest want to be a watcher? OP has new wrap around sun glasses & plans on being a watcher on south beach next week.

Edited by OLD PIRATE