SP Pirates

We have never had a TRUE DB, and probably never will. I used to think it was coaching, but after last year I realized it was just no DB minded Players on the team. NO honeybadgers. Our mentality is score as much as we can and hope that wins the game. And I ain't joking!

Piratemike, what kind of mess is this? What is a durn honeybadger? I looked all through my Murphy Fair book and I could not find that word. Are you making this mess up? I have never heard of this mess. I garuntee you Grider better be training them to be pass defenders and not a durn honey badger. You think im joking but im not.

Piratemike, what kind of mess is this? What is a durn honeybadger? I looked all through my Murphy Fair book and I could not find that word. Are you making this mess up? I have never heard of this mess. I garuntee you Grider better be training them to be pass defenders and not a durn honey badger. You think im joking but im not.

Roy, you seem to know so much about the SEC, you should know that durn honeybadger plays there.

We have never had a TRUE DB, and probably never will. I used to think it was coaching, but after last year I realized it was just no DB minded Players on the team. NO honeybadgers. Our mentality is score as much as we can and hope that wins the game. And I ain't joking!

In my opinion the best DB we have had in the last 10 years is Rashawn Weatherspoon. He really challenged receivers. He also could have possibly been the most exciting player to watch as well.

Honey Badgers are few and far between. This aint the SEC Pirate Mike. What is a good defensive back? A guy that never allows a completion? A guy that never gives up the long ball? A guy that is good in run support? The forward pass can sometimes be hard to defend.

A guy that closes on the run with the intention of knocking the runner for a flip. The guy that closes on the quick down and outs or the quick slants with the same intent. The guy that when the ball is in the air he doesn't misjudge his jump the the INT. The guy that doesn't think his athletic ability can overcome simple fundamental mistakes every play. And of course NEVER get beat deep unless it's just purely by speed.

T Robinson was a pretty nasty free safety for SP and could've played at some lower tier D1 schools as a safety. If that's not a true DB then SP will never see one. I will agree SP pass defense for the most has always sucked though. With that being said its because no 1A team is going to beat us by throwing so why spend majority of time trying to make this a strength when time needs to be spent to shore up other areas?? That is the question and the answer

With small numbers and kids playing both ways it's impossible to be great at everything. Throw in the fact that these kids don't take as much pride in playing defense vs 15-20 yrs ago

2 teams in last 10 yrs took pride in D. 2003 and 2007 the rest was above average to average at best....Miss me yet? Lol that is all

I really don't know if it has been said yet or not but I'll be the first if it hasn't and it something I have been saying for two years. The defense will be so much better because Danny Wilson is no longer the d coach. Look at all the big games we lost since he has been back and see how our d was unable to adapt during the game. He could scheme a good game but if they threw something different at him we were cooked.