SP Pirates

Okay I'm no coach nor do I attempt to believe I should be giving one advice. So this is just a cooment and no more. I welcome any feedback.

Last season and for the last few seasons something i have seen and felt should be done a bit diffrent is our defensive backs. Why do we play off the receiver so much and we wait for the guy to catch the ball and then we break on him. Number one issue I have is if you break on the guy and he touches the ball you should earhole that fellow so hard that next time he will be looking for you instead of the ball. We don't do that if the receiver almost catches or drops the ball we just run by him and sometimes even fail to bump him. Tell me if im wrong but if that man touches the ball he is fair game? Guys you got to make a beliver out of them or they will make one out of you. And for Gods sake i hope if somebody lines up and runs 27 left or 27 right straight at us all game we figure out before the end of the 4the qtr who's running the ball. With that said I can't wait for those wonderful Fall Friday nights!

Okay I'm no coach nor do I attempt to believe I should be giving one advice. So this is just a cooment and no more. I welcome any feedback.

Last season and for the last few seasons something i have seen and felt should be done a bit diffrent is our defensive backs. Why do we play off the receiver so much and we wait for the guy to catch the ball and then we break on him. Number one issue I have is if you break on the guy and he touches the ball you should earhole that fellow so hard that next time he will be looking for you instead of the ball. We don't do that if the receiver almost catches or drops the ball we just run by him and sometimes even fail to bump him. Tell me if im wrong but if that man touches the ball he is fair game? Guys you got to make a beliver out of them or they will make one out of you. And for Gods sake i hope if somebody lines up and runs 27 left or 27 right straight at us all game we figure out before the end of the 4the qtr who's running the ball. With that said I can't wait for those wonderful Fall Friday nights!

You have the best talent and the best coaches in 1a

That could be a two edged sword Dave. I guess it's just the zone defense concept. You could play the opposing receivers tighter but then you take a chance of getting beat deep. Pick your poison I suppose.

You have the best talent and the best coaches in 1a

That's saying alot Wingman. This SP team won't have the overall team speed of the past few seasons or at least I don't see it. Best coaches? The coaching staff is about half of what it was last season. They lost a lot of good coaches including Coach Wilson. Coach Grider can't do it alone.

Edited by TheAmbassador

I don't think he was under utilized. He played some when we had the injuries. We lost three games. One of them was a blowout at Signal. Would this kid made a 30 point difference? We lost 3-0 at Grace in a absolute typhoon and mud bowl where you did good to stand up. Does he make a difference in that game? Would he have won the state game for us? SP threw the ball well in the state game, when they actually had possession. No I don't think that one sophomore would have made the difference. He will be a good possession receiver this year, but last year he had older and better players in front of him.

C'mon man i read your post all the time and have the utmost respect for ya on here, why the sarcasm? I dont think anyone said he was a 30 point difference or the reason we lost the State game. However, I did say he should have gotten more throws (utilized more ). ( I am a Vols fan ) But I would use caution with that Phillip Fulmer theology of being older makes you a better player stuff. I guess the choice to use the kid (who was obviioulsy still not recovered from his early season injury) 99% of the time in the State game because he was a senior or older was the right decision? Get him in there and let him play sure but 99% of the game when he was visibily not 100%? I question that he was better , older yea sure, but better ? As far as winning the state game - That would have been the defensive side that provided a different result. They just couldn't figure out how to stop one man run a 27 left and a 27 right offense. However, I am very anxious this year will be a whole lot different and again I will be there every Friday night cheering the orange and black on whether it be rain or shine-win lose or draw.

That's saying alot Wingman. This SP team won't have the overall team speed of the past few seasons or at least I don't see it. Best coaches? The coaching staff is about half of what it was last season. They lost a lot of good coaches including Coach Wilson. Coach Grider can't do it alone.

True. I also heard rumor Friday we lost another good coach.

The pirates start practice with everyone else in the morning. It will be interesting to see how much the team is able to improve from what we saw in the spring. Practicing 3-4 times each day this week should help do the trick. I am sure it will make Roy happy as well.

Your joking me. Grider is practicing these boys 3 times a day starting tomorrow? Grider is practicing these boys too much if he is doing this. Grider is trying to make up for lost time when he wasnt practicing our boys and he and that Wilson man were over their playing softball. This is a bunch of mess. Grider should only have one 3-4 hour practice a day and thats it. I garuntee you he is going to get these boys real tired by doing this and we will get beat up their on Saturday in our practice game. You think im joking but im not.

I was on my way to Save a lot today and I noticed Grider finally got our runner up sign put up their on that Sherrill mans pressbox. It took Grider eight months to get this mess done. Grider has been lazy about getting our runner up sign up their on that Sherrill mans pressbox. I garuntee you that Sherrill man told Grider if he didnt have it done, he would not announce the games this year. You think im joking but im not.