SP Pirates

I was reading my newspaper yesterday about that Johnson boy. It said he runs a 5. 0 yard dash in 4.45 seconds. I looked at the schools looking to train this Johnson boy and their are no SEC schools listed. Why has Grider not told any SEC schools about this Johnson boy? This is a bunch of mess. You think im joking but im not.

Roy, thanks for bringing Murphy's book and lettin me look at it I learned a lot about some of the teams. Let me ask you a question , Did all the coaches get everything they were suppose send, sent in to Murphy?

Wrong again little doggy! Sam Pickett made all state and rushed for over 1,000 yards.....Tim Starkey (Mr Football Finslist)also made all state and rushed for over a 1,000 yards. Dan Merriman (Mr Football finalist) lead team in tackles made all state and played in TN/KY all star game before commuting to Navy. Mike Jackson set state records at Kicker and sits at 3rd all time for Extra Points career and 5th in a season. Aaron Chambers was also a All State player on that team at DT and was Mr Football winner the following year. Other all state players that played Ronnie Griffith HB/LB and Jonathan Haskew DE/G... All Area players included LB's Robinson&Stone. Plus All Region players M Blansett and Eric Reames

Team consisted of:

4 Mr Football Finalist

8 All State 2 All Area and 2 All Region...Yep def one man show bored.gif

98 Team broke state record regardless of class for most points scored in a season for games played. Venom served little doggy now shhhheww go flush that diareahr mouf and learn to think before u speak. THAT IS ALL

The most over rated team in SP history....... SORRY

The most over rated team in SP history....... SORRY

The 1998 team didn't win the state championship but it was without a doubt one of the 2 or 3 best teams SP has fielded in the past 25 years. That bunch was scary good. A little team called Trousdale County just happened to have one of their strongest teams ever as well.

Edited by TheAmbassador

The 1998 team didn't win the state championship but it was without a doubt one of the 2 or 3 best teams SP has fielded in the past 25 years. That bunch was scary good. A little team called Trousdale County just happened to have one of their strongest teams ever as well.

We only care about "STATE TITLES" in SP....So 1969,1994,1999,2007 and 2010 state title teams and 2009 and 2011 runner-up are a head of them.....There are 4 or 5 teams as good as the 98 team....74 and 95 come to mind.......

I agree. 1998 team was the best I have seen. I can still see that horrible Trousdale game in my head...along with a lot of other fans I am sure...but that is the past and now the future pirates have to carry the load. It is really hard to compare teams from past years.