Milan Bulldogs 2012

Well I guess everyone knows by now that I am a huge Milan fan. I have been looking forward to the start of this season as we were bringing back many starters and key weapons from last year. However, I just learned this past week that two very good players from last year's team that were expected to be back will not be. I was told Kevius Finch, the superfast running back and return man, graduated a head of schedule. This was to be his senior year.

Also, Trey Belew upcoming junior, gots some reps at running back but was mainly a return man and started in the secondary will be gone as well. I am still very optimistic about the upcoming season with the quarterback being a 3-yr start, Arkel Coleman coming back as well as a couple of other pre-season all-state picks, but these losses will hurt a little. Thoughts???

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you will have some answers when you come up to Mayfield KY this friday. Milan always plays hard and we can gauge our team from this scrimmage.

I don't put stock in any Milan scrimmages. They rarely win any of them. You guys beat the pants off us last year. You made us look like a middle school team, but we still finished as state runner-up. Yes it will be a good gauge for both teams talent wise. I still think that lossing these guys will hurt. They were the fastest two players on the team.

He graduated a year ahead of schedule? Must be a smart kid.

Always sucks to lose good athletes, but Milan will be fine, always are. Looking forward to seeing us go at it at the jamboree.

Me too!! I think the game will be good competition for us both, but I would be very surprised if you guys didn't win. I will be there, should be alot of good games!!!

Milan was a great game for us (CPA) last year and I look forward to meeting them again this year if we can get past Goodpasture and PC. This year, however, the press box announcer can't lead cheers from the press box!

Yeah, the PA announcer can get kind of worked up! I don't know if I am looking forward to that matchup again though. The speed of the two guys we lost was a big help in stopping your run game. I don't know if we can run down your speedy backs without them.

Best of luck to the Milan Bulldogs on a successful, injury free season. Big respect to the Purple! Maybe we'll see Fairview / Milan the 3rd time later this year.

Thanks!!! Much respect for you guys in return. You are building a great program and you have some freakishly good skill players. Look forward to a possible rematch as well. Win or lose, maybe the score will not be 38-20 for a 3rd straight year either way. Good luck to you guys on a great season!!!

Milan...who is coming to Paris for the 2012 Pepsi Mid America Football Challenge?? Milan's support last year was fantastic...can we expect more of the same? Can the Bulldogs knock off the Patriots this year??

I am not going to say they can't beat Henry Co., but I would be shocked if they did. It is only 2 qtrs and we have enough play makers to but a couple of quick strikes on the board, if we're lucky, and make it interesting. I just don't see that happening. In a 4qtr regular season game, I think Henry Co. is at least 2 tds better than Milan. Thats no shame though, you guys are the defending 5A Champs.

I am not going to say they can't beat Henry Co., but I would be shocked if they did. It is only 2 qtrs and we have enough play makers to but a couple of quick strikes on the board, if we're lucky, and make it interesting. I just don't see that happening. In a 4qtr regular season game, I think Henry Co. is at least 2 tds better than Milan. Thats no shame though, you guys are the defending 5A Champs.

Well you guys have owned us on the field in the games that have actually mattered through the years dry.png. As of our last meeting in '04, we hold an abysmal record of 0-15 against Milan. Yes, zero and fifteen. So these scrimmage "victories" are about as close to payback as we can get at the moment. icon_mrgreen.gif

Edited by MSURacer