Milan Bulldogs 2012

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you will have some answers when you come up to Mayfield KY this friday. Milan always plays hard and we can gauge our team from this scrimmage.

Mayfield won the varsity portion of the scrimmage 21-7 with the lone Milan TD coming after a Mayfield int deep in Milan territory that was returned inside the Mayfield 5. Overall, Milan has soe work to do. The running game was stuffed and the qb missed some open recievers. Defense wasn't to bad though Mayfield had several long sustained drives. Milan pass defense was their undoing on defense but they stuffed the run very well.

I'm looking forward to tonight's scrimmage here at Mayfield. BigPurple, besides the qb, what does Milan return?

Starting running back and fullback. 4 out of 5 O-lineman. 2 D-Lineman, All 3 linebackers, 2 of 4 in the secondary. Last years 3A all-state kicker who was 61 of 64 on pat's and 8 of 11 on field goals and over 50% of his kickoffs for touchbacks. And a punter who averaged over 40 yds a punt.

Mayfield won the varsity portion of the scrimmage 21-7 with the lone Milan TD coming after a Mayfield int deep in Milan territory that was returned inside the Mayfield 5. Overall, Milan has soe work to do. The running game was stuffed and the qb missed some open recievers. Defense wasn't to bad though Mayfield had several long sustained drives. Milan pass defense was their undoing on defense but they stuffed the run very well.

That is about what I expected out of Milan. They are going to be great at stopping the run. Last year, Mayfield beat us by alot more in the scrimmage and we still had a pretty good season. Milan rarely wins a scrimmage. I think Milan will be just fine.

That is about what I expected out of Milan. They are going to be great at stopping the run. Last year, Mayfield beat us by alot more in the scrimmage and we still had a pretty good season. Milan rarely wins a scrimmage. I think Milan will be just fine.

I agree they will be just fine. The last 2 years our teams have been very special as they demonstrated in those scrimmages. I have noticed over the years that this scrimmage is also a good indicator of how our season will turn out. The years we get after you guys we generally win a title or get very close. Good luck to you guys this year

I agree they will be just fine. The last 2 years our teams have been very special as they demonstrated in those scrimmages. I have noticed over the years that this scrimmage is also a good indicator of how our season will turn out. The years we get after you guys we generally win a title or get very close. Good luck to you guys this year

Good luck to you guys as well!! You have a great program and tradition. Lots of respect for Mayfield!!!

Well you guys have owned us on the field in the games that have actually mattered through the years dry.png. As of our last meeting in '04, we hold an abysmal record of 0-15 against Milan. Yes, zero and fifteen. So these scrimmage "victories" are about as close to payback as we can get at the moment. icon_mrgreen.gif

Milan has a history of playing us when we are down and avoiding us when we are good. Milan will NEVER play us again. They open with Peabody when they could make more money with us, but they would take a whipping, and Morris will not willingly schedule a game he thinks he can lose.

Milan has a history of playing us when we are down and avoiding us when we are good. Milan will NEVER play us again. They open with Peabody when they could make more money with us, but they would take a whipping, and Morris will not willingly schedule a game he thinks he can lose.

Red Warrior, although I agree you guys would probably beat us, the rest of your comments are crazy. I don't think you would whip us but you never know. Anything is possible. When you are dealing with two very talented teams like this anything can happen.

The main thing that makes no sense is your comment about trenton. This is one of our longest running rivalries. They are located only a few miles from us and the gates are always HUGE!!! How would we make more money playing you guys instead of Trenton. In case you didn't know we play in a district with 10 teams. There is not much room for non-district games. And our rivalries with Huntingdon, Humboldt and Trenton will make way more money for Milan than playing Henry Co.