BA vs Trinity

doct

From KY message boards:

"Trinity will have close games at Indy Cathedral and at Moeller. Cincy St X and Elder must come to Lousville. The game at MBA may be tough.   Next year Trinity will be back to normal and many games will be tough. Having 5 of the State's 10 best seniors this year is ridiculous."

Fans certainly don't give BA much of a chance or respect. Ironic that they feel MBA game "may be tough" after Trinity put up over 600 yds of offense on MBA last yr.

Sounds to me like y'all are gonna get lit up if they put up over 600 on MBA

Surely you know that BA played Trinity last year as well? And that BA spanked MBA 42-13 last year? I would imagine that you would have considered all of this information before forming and posting your opinion that one of the most competitive football programs in the State of Tennessee is "gonna get lit up"? BA may get "lit up" by Trinity, but believe me, that would be no reason to hang their heads. What top out-of-state programs does the team you support have on their schedule this year????? That's pretty much what I thought.

Regardless of the score of the BA-Trinity game, I expect BA to be one of the top 3-4 teams in the state when all is said and done. I only hope that the team with the new plain black matte helmets can stay one step ahead. MBA, Baylor and MUS should be in the mix as well and I am always afraid that the Brothers will shake the sleep from their huge head and recognize the advantages that their incredibly large student body can provide on the gridiron. From where I sit, I expect this to be an(other) awesome year in D2-AA football.

• Upvote 1

At this point in the season, talk is cheap. BA will know in a short period of time what type of program they have this year.

I agree, that's why I didn't point out the BA/MBA game from last year. That's ancient history. However, I disagree that BA's team can be judged over the first game or two (or three--MBA in wk 3). Lots of new faces/schemes/leadership. All is good, maybe even great so far with the changes. I expect BA to be really, really good later in the year as the youth on the O line matures. They have the skill positions covered for sure.

I saw the MBA scrimmage against Franklin this past friday and I saw Siegel scrimmage BA, and I must say that I feel that MBA is a lot more physical than BA this year. It will be an interesting week 3. Jalen Ramsey and CJ Sanders have brought a lot of media attention to BA this summer, but Alex Bars and Jashon Robertson both have brought attention to MBA and give them an identity to be a very physical team this year. Not to mention Morris Eguakun getting 3 sacks in 3 quarters against Franklin! Div II is very interesting this year.

I saw the MBA scrimmage against Franklin this past friday and I saw Siegel scrimmage BA, and I must say that I feel that MBA is a lot more physical than BA this year. It will be an interesting week 3. Jalen Ramsey and CJ Sanders have brought a lot of media attention to BA this summer, but Alex Bars and Jashon Robertson both have brought attention to MBA and give them an identity to be a very physical team this year. Not to mention Morris Eguakun getting 3 sacks in 3 quarters against Franklin! Div II is very interesting this year.

Getting way off topic here, but how did the Siegel qb look against the BA secondary?

i expect BA will lose this coming friday but to suggest MBA is a barometer in determining that is a bit illogical. BA gave them more of a game last yr than MBA - but who cares, a different squad and yr. BA was severely outconditioned last yr vs trinity and other tough teams. With a kid who is a starter on BA (this yr) and having seen the scrimmages myself, the gent who posted that a team is more physical (in the scrimmages) than BA might want to know that they played their starters about 20% of the time in the scrimmages. that said, as i posted a few days ago, this team will struggle early in the season but my opinion is that come playoff time, they will be very dangerous. As one astute poster noted, if the OL comes together, they will be very tough to handle as the skill guys on this team (as a whole) are some of the best in the state, if not the best. i would be greatly surprised if it is not ensworth and BA at the end of the season. the new texas coaches have brought far more discipline, team unity and work ethic to this team - something that has been missing for yrs at BA. it's a breath of fresh air with our pgm

and remember trinity does not have the same reqs as the TSSAA requires for TN teams. they have been practicing far longer AND in pads. in any case, i doubt BA can handle them - right now. i may very well be wrong come Nov - the fun is seeing what happens

From KY message boards:

"Trinity will have close games at Indy Cathedral and at Moeller. Cincy St X and Elder must come to Lousville. The game at MBA may be tough.   Next year Trinity will be back to normal and many games will be tough. Having 5 of the State's 10 best seniors this year is ridiculous."

Fans certainly don't give BA much of a chance or respect. Ironic that they feel MBA game "may be tough" after Trinity put up over 600 yds of offense on MBA last yr.

Sounds like the typical poster who thinks they know everything. Take with a grain of salt.

Look guys, I am from TN and have followed TN football for years. I have also followed football on a national scale for years. Trinity will hammer BA by 3+ TDs. Trinity should've played Ensworth the last two years instead. BA is just not the same national powerhouse they used to be in years past. I just wish Maryville and Alcoa would've stepped up and taken on an OOS power like BA and MBA does. That is why I always root for BA and MBA.

well you are likely correct with this wk's game but not sure if you were at the BA ensworth game 2 yrs ago - i was and BA was the better team - no doubt about it - game was in the bag, coaching lost that game - cannot be argued. That guy is gone. As for following national pgms, i think a lot of us fall into boat. I've lived in multiple states, not just TN and my son played with players on the #1 ranked team in the nation from 2 yrs ago (don bosco in NJ), the private school teams here would play them to the wire. I've seen all of the teams play (in the past yr) that you mention in your post and this will start an argument, but i'm not in agreement that the pgms you mention would do better than MBA or BA. BA, Ensworth and MBA will have multiple players play for TOP DI pgms next yr, some maybe 1 or 2 but others 4-6 in some cases. BA is already at 4. I've done some research and do not see any public pgm in the state that has that number but i could be wrong.That's a pretty telling statistic considering how many in TN get DI s-ships. Again i respect your opinion and i agree this game is too early for BA to show what it can do and they will not pull it out but as i have now said 3 times, this team will be a factor late in the yr. That said ensworth and others have a lot of talent. I've contacted a number of colleges in the past 6 months and all i had to say was, my son plays for BA. Their response was "pls come to our prospect camp". Yes E-worth looks like they may have taken the reins as the best pgm right now - we'll see, life is a cycle. Trinity is a powerhouse (at least right now) and i doubt any school in TN would beat them but our best chance to do so are the ensworths, the BAs, the MBAs, etc

i appreciate you "rooting for us" - we'll need all of the help we can get. I think the new TX guy will get this BA pgm back to where it should be but who knows, we'll see. Won't happen in 1 yr that's for sure