BA vs Trinity

doct

If you're interested in catching the game, go here Friday night to watch BA's live webcast. My dad and brother will be calling the game; I'll be broadcasting four games later in the season.

Trinity is absolutely loaded with talent. The Shamrocks have players committed to USC and Vandy; they also boast other prominent three- and four-star recruits. They have five of Kentucky's top ten prospects, according to Rivals.

BA is very talented and I expect them to be strong this year. It will be interesting to see how that talent stacks up against a team with elite D1 talent and more continuity.

I personally think the game will be more competitive than last year but who knows ... I was at BAs practice yesterday afternoon and boy they sure look better than last year. I know they lost a few good players but the size is there and the speed is as good as any BA team I have watched in quite some time. I think this is a break out season for Amos Mason, Miller , Big George ... Pittman. There are alot of big studs on that team...They all look like they are in better shape than last year and the offense looked dangerous from what I saw yesterday. I just don't see those boys being out physicaled this year .. I was impressed with practice and how hard everyone was working ... I hope they all play to a high level so we can see exciting football this year.

Look guys, I am from TN and have followed TN football for years. I have also followed football on a national scale for years. Trinity will hammer BA by 3+ TDs. Trinity should've played Ensworth the last two years instead. BA is just not the same national powerhouse they used to be in years past. I just wish Maryville and Alcoa would've stepped up and taken on an OOS power like BA and MBA does. That is why I always root for BA and MBA.

Not sure about 3+ TD's......BA up 23 to 17 mid 2nd qtr!

I didn't mean to put a sour damper on things, but I'm a realist. Trinity is a real national power and BA is just simply not what they used to be. As much as I hate to say it Trinity will do the same thing to MBA. I just hope they don't lose to Trinity as bad as they lost to Byrnes.

I'm not sure if the statement BA isn't what they used to be is accurate, but I think they (BA) are on the way back with the new staff. You have 230 boys grades 9-12 going against 1400 boys. That's a 6:1 ratio. BA made some really bad mistakes, and their QB needs to live up to his FL offer (the QB has complained publicly that he deserves the big offers.). Well, if so, you need to lead your team when it matters. Staver was really bad when it mattered. Ramsey runs under an overthrown pass and makes a play for a 69 yd completion. Let's see, the rest of the night the QB is 9-22 for about 80 yds. That is ridiculous when this team has so much talent around him. Put up or shut up I say.

I was not going to respond to this thread but after reading a thread that calls out a 17 yr old i find it is necessary. These kids are 17 and 18 yrs old (and even younger)and in HS for heaven's sake and you have the audacity to call them out??? Max is a very good friend of our family, and our son who starts for BA. I was at the game and the score is nowhere indicative of what went on. We had 3 major special teams errors that resulted in 21 points. We also dropped a TD pass in the 1st 1/2 that would have put BA up by 2 scores and derek barnett was in their backfield play after play but the holding was never called. At least 2 times that resulted in TDs. My son came home from watching film today and said the coaches were livid after watching the tape. and by the way, the ramsey pass was thrown where it should have been thrown. Don't know what you watched. This is HS not college or the pros. These kids are doing the best they can do. For those that saw the score in the newspaper, and not witnessing the game, they will say it was a blowout and you know what, that's great as i have said in 4 posts now that this team will be dangerous come yr end. Let them think that. The Trinity sideline was as silent as anyone probably ever heard it in the 1st 1/2. At 1/2 time, trinty fans told me they could not believe what was going on and that BA had given them the biggest challenge they had had in yrs. Yep, BA blew it in the 2nd but the trinity coach knows whether or not he wants to admit it, he had a battle on his hands. In the end, this game means nothing and come Nov, i think you might be surprised to see where this team comes out. They are trying to sched trinty for mid-season next yr and that is wise considering they are in pads for 6 wks longer than us.

in any case, calling out HS kids ?? wow! My kid was one of the skill guys and had more catches than anyone on the team - do you want to call him out also because maybe he should have done more? I sure hope you are not a BA fan

we agree on one thing - put up or shut up