Youth Football in Blount County 2012.

REBELRON

There is usually some "hotdogs" and the like , but if you get down there early you can get a chik filet sandwhich , I am not sure that they have a blender though.... I' ll shave and wear my new shoes.

Great. I thought the shavin and spit shined shoes were required for the reserved section at the "mecca" of e tn football? Why would we need a blender? Natty lite is my beverage of choice.

Well , I guess it is time to go over to ktown in the younger leagues and PLAY THE BIG BOYS.

I'm sure some Knox Co youth teams would welcome that with open arms. Both counties (Knox & Blount) have some solid youth teams its a shame that they're so close and rarely (if ever) cross over and play - competition breeds better competition. I'm sure the competitive coaches would love to lessen the cupcakes (on schedule) and play better teams from bordering county... From what I can tell in Knoxville the ages that Blount Co could play with are 8U, 10U & 12U and to beof knowledge (of course season has yet to play out) but best teams in those ages in Knox Co are 8U Fulton (hands down no one else in Knox within 30 of this team at this age); 10U either Central or Fulton (9 year 2011 championship game) and 12U Catholic (probably two TD's) better than other Knox Co teams at this age... I'm quite sure any of these mentioned teams would love to play some of Blount Co bests.... What happens to the talent in Knoxville when it gets to HS is it gets too saturated (typical problem in all Metro areas)!!!

I'm sure some Knox Co youth teams would welcome that with open arms. Both counties (Knox & Blount) have some solid youth teams its a shame that they're so close and rarely (if ever) cross over and play - competition breeds better competition. I'm sure the competitive coaches would love to lessen the cupcakes (on schedule) and play better teams from bordering county... From what I can tell in Knoxville the ages that Blount Co could play with are 8U, 10U & 12U and to beof knowledge (of course season has yet to play out) but best teams in those ages in Knox Co are 8U Fulton (hands down no one else in Knox within 30 of this team at this age); 10U either Central or Fulton (9 year 2011 championship game) and 12U Catholic (probably two TD's) better than other Knox Co teams at this age... I'm quite sure any of these mentioned teams would love to play some of Blount Co bests.... What happens to the talent in Knoxville when it gets to HS is it gets too saturated (typical problem in all Metro areas)!!!

Knoxfootball01, Knox County needs to get their priorities straight and combine about 4 of those schools together and make a big mega school, so you can have a championship football program. You can't stand by and let school get in the way of football. LOL

Knoxfootball01, Knox County needs to get their priorities straight and combine about 4 of those schools together and make a big mega school, so you can have a championship football program. You can't stand by and let school get in the way of football. LOL

I'm not saying combine 4 schools but you have schools in the inner city that are located less than 5 miles from one another with small enrollments you could combine AE & Fulton for example and still have less than (or equal too) enrollment of a Maryville.... It'll never happen so no need to discuss but just saying too many schools in Knox Co (13 public and 4 private that play football) WAY too many IMHO.

I'm not saying combine 4 schools but you have schools in the inner city that are located less than 5 miles from one another with small enrollments you could combine AE & Fulton for example and still have less than (or equal too) enrollment of a Maryville.... It'll never happen so no need to discuss but just saying too many schools in Knox Co (13 public and 4 private that play football) WAY too many IMHO.

I know what you are saying. I'm just joking around. Would not surprise me here in the next 2 or 3 years if you all don't have one or more Blount County team(s) playing some games over there in the youth league. Would be a good thing, IMO.

Edited by jake

I know what you are saying. I'm just joking around. Would not surprise me here in the next 2 or 3 years if you all don't have one or more Blount County team(s) playing some games over there in the youth league. Would be a good thing, IMO.

Unless they bolt they are not going to play in the Knox league. The Blount Couty leagues rule have weight limits that would prohibit participation unless the Knox team abided. I don't see that happening.

Unless they bolt they are not going to play in the Knox league. The Blount Couty leagues rule have weight limits that would prohibit participation unless the Knox team abided. I don't see that happening.

They still have weight limits in Blount Co ? Thats unfortunate! Does the powers that be know that its 2012 and kids are bigger these days. IMHO weight is MOST overrated thing in youth football. Long as ages match up its a level playing field... Its a shame that neighboring counties can't play one another due to a foolish rule.

I think you are spot on concerning your league....But, IMO, if the current trend of dropoff in numbers continues with a few of the Pee Wee and Midget programs, I can foresee where there may have to be some changes made. It may be further down the road than the 2 or 3 years that I mentioned before, but if something doesn't change the path is headed that way, I think. I'm not saying that Knox is the answer, it may be trying to pull a greenback or vonore team into our league, but I think different avenues will have to be looked at. From what I was told, your midget coach had a game called early the other night because a kid got hurt on the other team and they had no one else to put in, and before it got to that point he was playing people in places they had never lined up just trying to get through it. I wish I had the answer to help some of those programs, I really do, but I just don't know how.

They still have weight limits in Blount Co ? Thats unfortunate! Does the powers that be know that its 2012 and kids are bigger these days. IMHO weight is MOST overrated thing in youth football. Long as ages match up its a level playing field... Its a shame that neighboring counties can't play one another due to a foolish rule.

Our weight limits have increased with time, they just increased last year. But when the maximum increases, so does the minimum and you have to reach a happy medium. As I have said before, my son was on a team that scrimmaged Knox teams and they never had anyone that was above what our weight limit was.