Beech @ Henry County- Week 1

SEC1rules

Hurds size and speed is rare. Playing at a college level speed and junior year has just begun. Beech is lucky to land this athlete. They have an advantage over everybody. I expect WC's freshman G. Angel too have the same impact in the future as Hurd as doing now. Their size and speed is impressive.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must agree with Olddevil. Although the Devil has seen many more games than I...I too thought of Travis Stephens and his junior campaign at Patriot Stadium...but Jalen Hurd is head and shoulders better (both were/are juniors in the visit to Henry County) than was Stephens. Nonetheless, Hurd carried the ball 37 times for 462 yards against the Patriots...and with my visit with Coach Crabtree, he was still worried about HC's quick strike offense deep into the 4th quarter. The respect each of these two teams and coaching staffs have for one another is very apparent.

On another note, as I mentioned earlier regarding the "Mid-State poll", I stated earlier that I thought the Patriots were ranked a little high last week, and also that Beech was clearly better than the bottom 4. Tonight's outcomes prove my case on several fronts.

Lastly, you can mark it on your calendars, the Bucs and Patriots have a date set for November....That, you can take to the bank! The Bucs WILL be there....and so will the Patriots! If I were Coach Crabtree, I would find someone in the band to handle the kicking duties, if he finds this person, they will be a very tough out in November for anyone...including the Big Red!

With a not so favorable outcome, I forgot to mention another positive that I saw on our side...Brandon Donaldson. 8 catches for 120 yards and 2 touchdowns. In fact, I believe he caught every single one of our completions. This is another player with special potential.

Edited by MSURacer

Glad you could comprehend that. I try to keep it simple on here so that simple minds can understand. HC has the speed and athletes to gang tackle him every time he touches the ball. I bet he won't even have 100 yards. Beech lost too many horses from last year, especially on defense.

Don't go to Vegas...

Or Portland either...

Edited by tandem

We had a great night in Paris. Obviously the score went our way, but what a great atmosphere. I've never been treated with more hospitality at an opposing school than we were tonight. The HC fans are first class and the atmosphere was great. Hats off to you guys. You should be very proud of the tradition that you have and the way you treat visitors. Just one complaint. Imagine going on the road and having the PA announcer refer to you as your most hated rival all night. The word "Hendersonville" is not a part of the name of our school. Just "Beech" will do.

I too believe that these two teams will meet in the playoffs. I'm sure HC will be much better by then. Your team last year was one of the most impressive looking teams I've ever seen. I could see that you had a lot of young kids in there tonight. Your qb is pretty impressive. He had some nice runs and throws.

We've got a lot of things to clean up. Our kicker has been out injured for about a month. No word on when or if he will return. We also have to clean up a lot of penalties. It was a great win for us, but also exposed quite a few things we have to work on to get to where we want to be. Good luck to the Patriots (until we meet again). thumb[1].gif

Edited by tandem

How big is Hurd anyway? He looked at least 6'2. I agree, that combination of speed and size is a once in a lifetime catch.

And as someone who was a member of the Patriot defense playing against Travis Stephens back in the mid 90's, I'm inclined to agree with olddevil and prez.

6'3" (and a half) 210

What a battle! It wore me out from the stands. I, too, would like to commend the HC fans as they were top notch. They were all very complementary and cordial even "after" the game. Both teams have a lot to work on, but I expect this to be another hard-fought game in the very near future. Fortunately, we'll have our other fast RB/DB back again that will help take some of the load off of Hurd. Until then, good luck to you Patriots.

I know this statement represents the predominant opinion, but I think Liberty will prove through the year that their successes against our defense last week was no fluke.

Not that its relevant now, but Liberty lost to Dyer Co. tonight 15-14.

I just think it's apparent that our D has a long way to go. We are solid at the second level, but we're desperately missing the presence of Randall, Rock, and Mar'trel. That's where we made our living on that side of the ball last year. These young guys just have to keep improving up front, and I'm confident they will.

we will win big and be untested until deep in the playoffs. We are good and will get better while our opponents are generally poor. Beech is our top opponent and they are fair at best.

I think your sources are just messing with you now, Warrior. The championship game last year, Liberty, and now Beech.