Beech @ Henry County- Week 1

SEC1rules

Not that its relevant now, but Liberty lost to Dyer Co. tonight 15-14.

I just think it's apparent that our D has a long way to go. We are solid at the second level, but we're desperately missing the presence of Randall, Rock, and Mar'trel. That's where we made our living on that side of the ball last year. These young guys just have to keep improving up front, and I'm confident they will.

Could not have said it better myself about the defense. I touted them all of last year, and for good reason. That D-line was a special unit. The current group has potential, but still has a lot of growing up to do. Outside of a few slashes by Dennis Tharpe Jr. (who submitted another 15 tackle performance), we got no penetration all night....none. That has to improve (and I'm sure it will) if we want to make a deep playoff run this season. Our offense will score, but we've gotta be able to stop somebody. Beech didn't punt a single time tonight, and even when Hurd wasn't running the ball for them, they still seemed to pick up yardage at 4 or 5 yards a clip.

On the plus, it's important to note that Beech's O-line returned 3 starters from last year. And thankfully, this group won't be going against Jalen Hurd every week. My faith remains strong in these kids and coaches.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a great night in Paris. Obviously the score went our way, but what a great atmosphere. I've never been treated with more hospitality at an opposing school than we were tonight. The HC fans are first class and the atmosphere was great. Hats off to you guys. You should be very proud of the tradition that you have and the way you treat visitors. Just one complaint. Imagine going on the road and having the PA announcer refer to you as your most hated rival all night. The word "Hendersonville" is not a part of the name of our school. Just "Beech" will do.

I too believe that these two teams will meet in the playoffs. I'm sure HC will be much better by then. Your team last year was one of the most impressive looking teams I've ever seen. I could see that you had a lot of young kids in there tonight. Your qb is pretty impressive. He had some nice runs and throws.

We've got a lot of things to clean up. Our kicker has been out injured for about a month. No word on when or if he will return. We also have to clean up a lot of penalties. It was a great win for us, but also exposed quite a few things we have to work on to get to where we want to be. Good luck to the Patriots (until we meet again). thumb[1].gif

Tandem...awesome display last night. Glad you got to make the trip and experience Patriots Stadium....glad we as fans got to experience Jalen Hurd!

Our PA Announcer is one of the state's best and he has held this position since the opening of Patriot Stadium going back some 35 years. Your school, like others such as Memphis-Ridgeway, Memphis-East, Jackson-Northside, Murfreesboro Oakland is generally refered to by their hometown plus school name when there are multiple schools in that city or community. Therefore, many refer to your Bucs as Hendersonville-Beech. This is no different than any of the others that come to our community or other small towns and certainly no disrespect is suggested or displayed by anyone. In the future, when your school travels outside of Sumner County, Wilson County, or Metro Nashville, be prepared to hear your school's community designation prior to your school's name.

Tandem...awesome display last night. Glad you got to make the trip and experience Patriots Stadium....glad we as fans got to experience Jalen Hurd!

Our PA Announcer is one of the state's best and he has held this position since the opening of Patriot Stadium going back some 35 years. Your school, like others such as Memphis-Ridgeway, Memphis-East, Jackson-Northside, Murfreesboro Oakland is generally refered to by their hometown plus school name when there are multiple schools in that city or community. Therefore, many refer to your Bucs as Hendersonville-Beech. This is no different than any of the others that come to our community or other small towns and certainly no disrespect is suggested or displayed by anyone. In the future, when your school travels outside of Sumner County, Wilson County, or Metro Nashville, be prepared to hear your school's community designation prior to your school's name.

I couldn't disagree with you more (although I do agree that our PA announcer is a good one). Beech should never be referred to as "Hendersonville-Beech" and he should know better, although I'm sure it was an honest mistake. He didn't refer to Ridgeway as "Memphis-Ridgeway" when they were here. He didn't refer to Maplewood as "Nashville-Maplewood" when they were here. Kenwood has never been referred to as "Clarksville-Kenwood" when they play here and if Creekwood ever plays here they shouldn't be called "Dickson-Creekwood".

I couldn't disagree with you more (although I do agree that our PA announcer is a good one). Beech should never be referred to as "Hendersonville-Beech" and he should know better, although I'm sure it was an honest mistake. He didn't refer to Ridgeway as "Memphis-Ridgeway" when they were here. He didn't refer to Maplewood as "Nashville-Maplewood" when they were here. Kenwood has never been referred to as "Clarksville-Kenwood" when they play here and if Creekwood ever plays here they shouldn't be called "Dickson-Creekwood".

therealgame...apparently, you don't listen very closely to Jim Farmer. He has always refered to Roadrunners as Memphis-Ridgeway during his introduction. Occasionally, during a spot of the ball, he will only say "Ridgeway" as to describe the scene or play prior to the ball being spotted for the next play. Also, Memphis-East, Murfreesboro-Oakland, Jackson-Northside, Jackson-Soutside, Clarksville-Northeast, Clarksville Northwest, etc. Rather you like it or agree with it doesn't change the fact that its been that way for years. Furthermore, he/we (Henry Co.) are not the only one's to refer to teams as such. Nothing about using this communities as a prefix suggest any disrespect!

Edited by QBClubPrez

Could not have said it better myself about the defense. I touted them all of last year, and for good reason. That D-line was a special unit. The current group has potential, but still has a lot of growing up to do. Outside of a few slashes by Dennis Tharpe Jr. (who submitted another 15 tackle performance), we got no penetration all night....none. That has to improve (and I'm sure it will) if we want to make a deep playoff run this season. Our offense will score, but we've gotta be able to stop somebody. Beech didn't punt a single time tonight, and even when Hurd wasn't running the ball for them, they still seemed to pick up yardage at 4 or 5 yards a clip.

On the plus, it's important to note that Beech's O-line returned 3 starters from last year. And thankfully, this group won't be going against Jalen Hurd every week. My faith remains strong in these kids and coaches.

not that it matters one bit to u guys...but liberty had 5 TDs called back last night...3 by penalty...1 by a foot that touched out of bounds and another by "official's observation" the game wasnt close at all...liberty cant finish and is even more undisciplined than ever...no matter how many athletes we have...we cannot outrun a yellow flag

Not to beat a dead horse, but Beech has never been referred to by any other PA guy as Hendersonville Beech. At least not at the hundreds (literally) of away games I've been to. I'm pretty sure I heard him refer to us as simply Hendersonville on several occasions. I get it if that's his tradition, and I'm sure he could care less if H'ville is Beech's most bitter rival. I thought he did a great job otherwise. If you really want to split hairs, Beech is not in the city of Hendersonville. It's mail goes through the Hendersonville post office, so it has an H'ville address. As someone said on here earlier, technically it is in the community of Shackle Island (unincorporated). Honestly, I hope we get to come back to Paris for a playoff game. We had a blast last night. Good luck to the Patriots.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Beech has never been referred to by any other PA guy as Hendersonville Beech. At least not at the hundreds (literally) of away games I've been to. I'm pretty sure I heard him refer to us as simply Hendersonville on several occasions. I get it if that's his tradition, and I'm sure he could care less if H'ville is Beech's most bitter rival. I thought he did a great job otherwise. If you really want to split hairs, Beech is not in the city of Hendersonville. It's mail goes through the Hendersonville post office, so it has an H'ville address. As someone said on here earlier, technically it is in the community of Shackle Island (unincorporated). Honestly, I hope we get to come back to Paris for a playoff game. We had a blast last night. Good luck to the Patriots.

Ridiculous.

Facts:

1 Beech's address is Hendersonville

2 There is more than one major high school with a Hendersonville address

3 It is necessary, when there is more than one, to distinguish between them

4 Beech's graduates who live locally, when asked where they graduated, respond "Hendersonville Beech"

5 All of us could care less who Shackle Island Beech's rivals are

6 As for our PA announcer, he is a scholar, a gentleman, a father, a deacon, a husband, a grandfather, a servant, an example, a witness, humble, interesting, interested, concerned, giving, faithful, kind, retiree who is probably sick that someone (even an opponent) believes he said anything that wasn't perfectly accurate.

7 Other PA announcer's failure to identify Shackle Island Beech as Hendersonville Beech only serves to show they have less propriety than our PA announcer who is a scholar, a gentleman, a father, a deacon, a husband, a grandfather, a servant, an example, a witness, humble, interesting, interested, concerned, giving, faithful, kind, retiree who is probably sick that someone (even an opponent) believes he said anything that wasn't perfectly accurate.

8 He didn't do a great job otherwise. He did a great job again.

9 I can split hairs with the best of them

10 Good luck to yours and we also hope to see you in the playoffs

Furthermore:

1 I was not impressed with Jalen Hurd's 450 yards rushing performance

2 Nor, was I impressed with Jalen Hurd's 4th and 73 pass reception conversion

3 I wasn't impressed he broke an average of 7 tackles in scoring more touchdowns than were scored on us for the regular season in 2011

4 It did not impress me that Jalen Hurd played the whole game and carried the ball an average of 4 times per possession without showing any evidence of fatigue

5 While I don't disagree with OldDevil's and QBPrez's opinion that he is the best to oppose the Patriots, I'm not impressed

What impresses me is this:

Jalen Hurd rushed 450 yards, scored 5 touchdowns, never got tired, converted a 4th and 82 with a reception, basically carried his team to a win against a young but VERY talented, VERY well coached, VERY motivated team, on the road where the best and most accurate PA announcer in the State of Tennessee announces . . . and he never once:

1 showboated

2 pumped his fist

3 beat his chest

4 clapped his hands

5 even appeared elated

He simply took the ball, broke tackles, out ran the defence, scored, handed the ball to the referee (who, by the way, did an outstanding job in my estimation), and walked to the sideline. And he did this, with what is rumored, as a Junior.

It is my hope that next year, he will forego his last year of TSSAA eligibility, get an agent, sign with and bring the Titans back to prominence.

I can't say more. Glad y'all had a big time. Sorry it was at our expense.

Edited by FactsOnly

IMO the announcer did a great job, and the last time that I checked, I do live in Hendersonville. So I don't understand what the controversy is about. It did not (in any way) seem malicious or careless.

And, thanks "Facts", we're pretty impressed with him too. Good kid!

Ridiculous.

Facts:

1 Beech's address is Hendersonville

2 There is more than one major high school with a Hendersonville address

3 It is necessary, when there is more than one, to distinguish between them

4 Beech's graduates who live locally, when asked where they graduated, respond "Hendersonville Beech"

5 All of us could care less who Shackle Island Beech's rivals are

6 As for our PA announcer, he is a scholar, a gentleman, a father, a deacon, a husband, a grandfather, a servant, an example, a witness, humble, interesting, interested, concerned, giving, faithful, kind, retiree who is probably sick that someone (even an opponent) believes he said anything that wasn't perfectly accurate.

7 Other PA announcer's failure to identify Shackle Island Beech as Hendersonville Beech only serves to show they have less propriety than our PA announcer who is a scholar, a gentleman, a father, a deacon, a husband, a grandfather, a servant, an example, a witness, humble, interesting, interested, concerned, giving, faithful, kind, retiree who is probably sick that someone (even an opponent) believes he said anything that wasn't perfectly accurate.

8 He didn't do a great job otherwise. He did a great job again.

9 I can split hairs with the best of them

10 Good luck to yours and we also hope to see you in the playoffs

Furthermore:

1 I was not impressed with Jalen Hurd's 450 yards rushing performance

2 Nor, was I impressed with Jalen Hurd's 4th and 73 pass reception conversion

3 I wasn't impressed he broke an average of 7 tackles in scoring more touchdowns than were scored on us for the regular season in 2011

4 It did not impress me that Jalen Hurd played the whole game and carried the ball an average of 4 times per possession without showing any evidence of fatigue

5 While I don't disagree with OldDevil's and QBPrez's opinion that he is the best to oppose the Patriots, I'm not impressed

What impresses me is this:

Jalen Hurd rushed 450 yards, scored 5 touchdowns, never got tired, converted a 4th and 82 with a reception, basically carried his team to a win against a young but VERY talented, VERY well coached, VERY motivated team, on the road where the best and most accurate PA announcer in the State of Tennessee announces . . . and he never once:

1 showboated

2 pumped his fist

3 beat his chest

4 clapped his hands

5 even appeared elated

He simply took the ball, broke tackles, out ran the defence, scored, handed the ball to the referee (who, by the way, did an outstanding job in my estimation), and walked to the sideline. And he did this, with what is rumored, as a Junior.

It is my hope that next year, he will forego his last year of TSSAA eligibility, get an agent, sign with and bring the Titans back to prominence.

I can't say more. Glad y'all had a big time. Sorry it was at our expense.

I am simply glad you can't say any more.