Beech @ Henry County- Week 1

SEC1rules

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason it will be touted by the Tennessean is because Henry Co is in it. They picked us to finish 3rd in 9AAA and are unranked in the mid state top 10 behind such heavyweights as Independence, Giles Co, and Maplewood. Hurd goes for 238 and 4 td's and is not listed with week 0's top performers. I look for a high scoring affair between two of the best 5A teams in the state.

Beech appears to be very good. I heard they looked excellent all preseason and then won 41-0 last night. After what happened last year, they will be out for some revenge.

For HC, we need to play well for four quarters. Our backfield is stacked, but we need to cut down on the mistakes, penalties, and move the ball more consistently. We will probably need to hit some passes in this game as well, as I expect Beech will bring a good deal of physicality up front.

On defense it's pretty simple for the Patriots. Contain Jalen Hurd to the best of our abilities, and we need a good effort from our secondary as Beech's QB is also back from last season.

Their over all team speed is likely not as fast as Liberty's, but they will be more disciplined and physical, and Hurd will be one of, if not the best player we see all season. Beech has indeed been underrated this preseason by several people, and this will be a tough test for our young team. I'm looking forward to it and I'm hoping we can pull out the W, but in all honesty, I would not be surprised if we came out of this thing 1-1.

Here's to no injuries.

Wow waveyard, no respect for HC huh? Just curious as to why you think beech wins by double digits in Paris?

so i can't make a prediction without it meaning i have no respect? i have a good deal of respect for henry co, but beech is a team that's getting NO respect. i think beech wins by double digits because 1. they are up this year while hc is young, 2. it's an early season match up which will easily favor the team with more experience, 3. henry county obliterated them at beech last year so they will be looking to return the favor, and 4. they have jalen hurd. i've seen beech twice this preseason and i think hurd could be the best back out of sumner county in years.

if these two teams meet in the playoffs, it could be a different story, but this early in the season, i like beech's chances regardless of where the game is played.

so i can't make a prediction without it meaning i have no respect? i have a good deal of respect for henry co, but beech is a team that's getting NO respect. i think beech wins by double digits because 1. they are up this year while hc is young, 2. it's an early season match up which will easily favor the team with more experience, 3. henry county obliterated them at beech last year so they will be looking to return the favor, and 4. they have jalen hurd. i've seen beech twice this preseason and i think hurd could be the best back out of sumner county in years.

if these two teams meet in the playoffs, it could be a different story, but this early in the season, i like beech's chances regardless of where the game is played.

We may be young, but we're also very talented and well coached.

We all know about Hurd and the QB, but what about the defense? They shut out Portland Friday night, but Portland isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut. Can they stop the HC rushing attack? Can they cover our 6'4" receiver? They may have some terrific offensive firepower, but they're gonna need some help from the defense if they wanna come here and win by double digits.

this game has playoff implications early in the season for both....i wont be surpriised by either winning over the other...lots of scoring ..whoever wins gets atop 5A EARLY...SHOULD MEET LATER IN THE PLAYOFFS ..HC WITH BETTER COACHES HOLD ADVANTAGE

SORRY FELLAS CHANGED FONTS 5-6 TIMES ..WHATS WRONG FROM DAY TO DAY WITH EM?

GO BIG RED

Edited by DHSFB64