Maryville vs. Alcoa (Official ESPN2 Game Thread)

Red Rebels

FYI

24 hours later after celebrating a marvelous game with this historic event. One item may need to be addressed. The large amount of announcements made during yesterday's game. I can assure you every single announcement was directed from upper management. Even the superintendent relayed an important announcement to be made. Lost articles, vehicles to be moved, safety concerns,health and advertisement announcements are just a part of today's way of doing business and putting on this kind of show for the entire country to enjoy! I do this same job on a different level of sports and I can assure you it can become a bit tedious!

I understand the new and improved stadium has updated speakers which may be a little louder, but our announcer is only doing as he is told. He does a fine job and is a professional. The next game will not be as large of an event with less announcements.

Another great game between these two class schools. I wish both teams well and perehaps this game will be on national television over at Alcoa next year?!

As mentioned, I do not sit in the stands. But, if the speakers are too loud, one can contact the Athletic director and share your concerns with him.

They just need to cut it off during the IRON CROSS ... after that it matters not to me. I know you have the power C71R, Now execute.

Not sure what game you watched, but most will agree that no one was getting 20+ yards a carry against the Alcoa D on Sunday! 22 and 23 are great backs, but not 20+ yards! C'mon man, give credit where credit is due!

By the way, great game and congrats to Maryville!

I think he meant 20 + CARRIES.?

Not sure what game you watched, but most will agree that no one was getting 20+ yards a carry against the Alcoa D on Sunday! 22 and 23 are great backs, but not 20+ yards! C'mon man, give credit where credit is due!

By the way, great game and congrats to Maryville!

Try re-reading that post. WL is talking about carries per game, NOT yards per carry!

FYI

24 hours later after celebrating a marvelous game with this historic event. One item may need to be addressed. The large amount of announcements made during yesterday's game. I can assure you every single announcement was directed from upper management. Even the superintendent relayed an important announcement to be made. Lost articles, vehicles to be moved, safety concerns,health and advertisement announcements are just a part of today's way of doing business and putting on this kind of show for the entire country to enjoy! I do this same job on a different level of sports and I can assure you it can become a bit tedious!

I understand the new and improved stadium has updated speakers which may be a little louder, but our announcer is only doing as he is told. He does a fine job and is a professional. The next game will not be as large of an event with less announcements.

Another great game between these two class schools. I wish both teams well and perehaps this game will be on national television over at Alcoa next year?!

As mentioned, I do not sit in the stands. But, if the speakers are too loud, one can contact the Athletic director and share your concerns with him.

I think I've figure out who you are. I would suggest that VOLUME is the biggest problem. In addition to that. talking over the PA while the Rebels QB and HC are barking plays and signals is a nono. JMHO