Cloudland vs. Coalfield

THE KING

Well, we took a day to celebrate and now its on to week 1. This game will tell the tale of how things are going to go down this year as far as our matching up with region 2. I've already heard that Coalfield brings some weapons to the table with one being a D1 prospect on the defensive line. I know the Coalfield teams of the past liked to throw the ball alot. I'm just curious of how good a passing game the yellow jackets have because it could be the Landers achilles heel in this game. I may have to eat crow with ketchup, but I'm gonna go out on a limb to say the Landers will contain Coalfield's ground game. I've got a lot of confidence in our d-line and linebackers. These boys close the gap in a hurry. Offensively, we are going to learn what kind of blockers we have in a hurry. The O-line will be more fatigued after this game i can guarantee. The line will have to play with a lot of heart every play to move the ball on the coalfield defense. I'm looking for a low scoring affair and going with the Landers 18-14.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we took a day to celebrate and now its on to week 1. This game will tell the tale of how things are going to go down this year as far as our matching up with region 2. I've already heard that Coalfield brings some weapons to the table with one being a D1 prospect on the defensive line. I know the Coalfield teams of the past liked to throw the ball alot. I'm just curious of how good a passing game the yellow jackets have because it could be the Landers achilles heel in this game. I may have to eat crow with ketchup, but I'm gonna go out on a limb to say the Landers will contain Coalfield's ground game. I've got a lot of confidence in our d-line and linebackers. These boys close the gap in a hurry. Offensively, we are going to learn what kind of blockers we have in a hurry. The O-line will be more fatigued after this game i can guarantee. The line will have to play with a lot of heart every play to move the ball on the coalfield defense. I'm looking for a low scoring affair and going with the Landers 18-14.

King i would love to pick the Landers in this one!But reality is you all had a nice win for the first game of season and hopefully will give the boys some confidence.My opinion after seeing us play up there last yr,the weather wil play alot in this game,if it rains alot and that field gets messed up like it was for us last yr i say coalfield wins a fairly close one,but if the field is in decent condition i say coalfield will win by a greater margin,they are a tough team.I would love to see you all hit them in the mouth and steal this one from them.Good luck.

I love my Landers but reality tells me that we are out matched in this one. I hope we can keep it close and look respectable. Our boys have the heart and desire to achieve the otherwise impossible. That alone will take them farther than many expect. Coalfield will see a different Lander team this year. If they come in over confident expecting to blow us out again they will be surprised.

I think Coalfield will win the game and the Landers will win some respect.Most of these kids have the heart and pride to fight for 4 quarters.Coalfield had better come to play or they will find themselves in a mess.Cloudland has several good football players.Its not as big of a mismatch as some might think. My biggest concern from a Cloudland point of veiw would be special teams.

Edited by pujo

King i would love to pick the Landers in this one!But reality is you all had a nice win for the first game of season and hopefully will give the boys some confidence.My opinion after seeing us play up there last yr,the weather wil play alot in this game,if it rains alot and that field gets messed up like it was for us last yr i say coalfield wins a fairly close one,but if the field is in decent condition i say coalfield will win by a greater margin,they are a tough team.I would love to see you all hit them in the mouth and steal this one from them.Good luck.

You have to throw last year out the window. This is a completely different team with a new head attached to the dragon. I'm not conceding jack, people. If you don't go into every game expecting to win then why even show up? Its okay for everyone to voice their predictions, I'm not saying that. All I can say is I hope everyone across the region looks at our boys picture in the football previews and laughs at the 24 player roster. There will be a lot of teams crying before the dust clears. The 11 who step on the field are gonna kick some butt and take some names. thumb[1].gif

Alright,Im torn here...I want to say go Landers, but If Cloudland beats or even keeps it at single digits with Coalfield, stomachs will stay knoted up until week-10 is over!

I'll have to say Coalfield, but hope Cloudland plays them tough...with no injuries! But, the Landers are at home and this should be a very good gauge as to how prepared this team is for conf play.

Alright,Im torn here...I want to say go Landers, but If Cloudland beats or even keeps it at single digits with Coalfield, stomachs will stay knoted up until week-10 is over!

I'll have to say Coalfield, but hope Cloudland plays them tough...with no injuries! But, the Landers are at home and this should be a very good gauge as to how prepared this team is for conf play.

Your stomach should be knotted up anyway. icon_e_smile.gif Either one of us could have a conf. loss or 2 before week 10. I'm confident we can be 7-2 or 8-1 when we meet week 10. The goose bumps should be there no matter what happens this friday.

Coalfield lost alot of kids off last years team and I reckon they still have some suspended for this week.Cloudland has pretty much the whole team back and they have a confident attitude.I just don't see this as a mismatch. I'm not saying that Coalfield isn't a quality 1a team ,but if Cloudland expects to compete in the playoffs,they'll have to be on or near Coalfields level. I see no reason why they can't hold they're own.

Your stomach should be knotted up anyway. icon_e_smile.gif Either one of us could have a conf. loss or 2 before week 10. I'm confident we can be 7-2 or 8-1 when we meet week 10. The goose bumps should be there no matter what happens this friday.

I can assure you its on my mind cool.png

I dont have a lil DOG in the varsity battle this season, but for the next 9 years, one of mine will be in the mix...Thats when the knots appear.

If our line doesn't step up to the plate every down, we could go 5-5! If they do, we'll be just fine