CAK vs. Darlington (Rome,GA)

FootballDad

Very good point GVK thumb[1].gif

I would just like to add that while we (CAK) have enjoyed much success over the past few years I don't want any discussion of our scheduling headaches to be interpreted as arrogance. I know most of us Warrior fans don't believe we are invincible world beaters and that the traditional upper echelon teams are afraid of us. Alcoa keeps us humble. We just don't have the numbers or overall athletes to stand toe to toe, year to year with incredible programs like some of those schools mentioned previously. CAK does present unique challenges to our opponents and hopefully we have earned some respect on and off the field. I understand the dynamics of why we are having difficulty in scheduling. Not only do we have to find schools willing to play us, we have to be willing to play them as well. Right now our options outside of our district are quickly becoming D2's or schools with approximately 4-5 times the enrollment or schools 200-400 miles away. So I applaud Darlington for coming to Knoxville on such short notice. They may beat our butts up and down the field, or likewise, but I tip my hat to them and hope they win every game they play except for the one this Saturday icon_mrgreen.gif .

I don't think anyone that frequents here could ever accuse you guys of being arrogant. CAK's representation on here has been about as classy as they come....and that juggernaut known as Alcoa has kept a lot of teams humble the last decade.

I don't think anyone that frequents here could ever accuse you guys of being arrogant. CAK's representation on here has been about as classy as they come....and that juggernaut known as Alcoa has kept a lot of teams humble the last decade.

Thanks Jake for those kind words. And yes, most of us have that Alcoa, Maryville etc on the schedule that helps keep us humble. Cutting my own grass, driving used vehicles and hauling my garbage to the dump helps keep me humble icon_mrgreen.gif . Maybe if StarsNBars serviced Knox County with his garbage/recruiting truck I could take a step up the ladder, but then again, I bet those Maryville based businesses are pretty high $, at least during football season.

I would love to believe this will be a CAKe walk for CAK, but Georgia HS football has a reputation of being some of the best overall in the southeast, and certainly, on average, ahead of Tennessee. That combined with a defense that is having growing pains and possibly 2 starters out concerns me. At the end of the day though, I don't think they or anyone else on the schedule will stop CAK's offense (unless CAK stops their on offense) and I look for them to move the ball well and score points in the season home opener. Should be an exciting atmosphere.

For those who's game is on Friday, this would be a great way to spend a Saturday evening (7:00 kickoff) with CAK traditionally serving excellent burgers and banana pudding at the concession stand. The stadium has an excellent playground for the little ones directly adjacent to the visitor's side. Facilities are small but very nice. This Saturday game is a great opportunity for local HS football enthusiasts to check out CAK first hand.

Edited by Govolsknox

Thanks Jake for those kind words. And yes, most of us have that Alcoa, Maryville etc on the schedule that helps keep us humble. Cutting my own grass, driving used vehicles and hauling my garbage to the dump helps keep me humble icon_mrgreen.gif . Maybe if StarsNBars serviced Knox County with his garbage/recruiting truck I could take a step up the ladder, but then again, I bet those Maryville based businesses are pretty high $, at least during football season.

HIgh dollar if you don't have a boy on the football team, but as Stars would say, "if you have a boy, and the bench press and 40 time is good, you can't believe how cheap the garbage service is".

HIgh dollar if you don't have a boy on the football team, but as Stars would say, "if you have a boy, and the bench press and 40 time is good, you can't believe how cheap the garbage service is".

Jake, I know last year you were debating where you would send your son to school. Just wondering where he ended up, if you care to say? Regardless, best wishes to you and your son on a successful and injury free season.

The KNS Prep Extra has the opponent all messed up on the website. They have them listed as "Darlington Road Academy". The GHSA list of member schools has Darlington School of Rome, GA. This is from the school website:

Founded in 1905 by John Paul and Alice Allgood Cooper, Darlington School was named in honor of a teacher by his former students. Joseph James Darlington taught at the J. M. Proctor School for Boys in Rome, where the quality of his character so impressed his students that a group of them resolved to build a school to perpetuate the memory of their beloved teacher.

football1.jpg

Good luck to CAK.

Edited by Red Rebels

The KNS Prep Extra has the opponent all messed up on the website. They have them listed as "Darlington Road Academy". The GHSA list of member schools has Darlington School of Rome, GA. This is from the school website:

Founded in 1905 by John Paul and Alice Allgood Cooper, Darlington School was named in honor of a teacher by his former students. Joseph James Darlington taught at the J. M. Proctor School for Boys in Rome, where the quality of his character so impressed his students that a group of them resolved to build a school to perpetuate the memory of their beloved teacher.

football1.jpg

Good luck to CAK.

Thanks RR. Maybe even the "haters" can see past their "private" feelings this week and support the TN team. After all, we are playing another private. IF there is any thing worse than a W.Knox "private" then its got to be a "private" that "ain't from around here"!! icon_mrgreen.gif If you can't make it to the game on Saturday, you can catch it on 100.3FM or the audio stream on wnoxfm.com I think. Anyone within a 100 miles or so should be able to pick it up.

Thanks RR. Maybe even the "haters" can see past their "private" feelings this week and support the TN team. After all, we are playing another private. IF there is any thing worse than a W.Knox "private" then its got to be a "private" that "ain't from around here"!! icon_mrgreen.gif If you can't make it to the game on Saturday, you can catch it on 100.3FM or the audio stream on wnoxfm.com I think. Anyone within a 100 miles or so should be able to pick it up.

I listened to 100.3 going down I-75 the other night, until I started down the big hill from Bradley County going into the eastern part of Hamilton County (formerly James County).