1A AP Top Ten

bobcats56

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how all the publics that don't consistently win are the ones that complain about privates. I seriously don't think I've ever seen where a TC fan or a SP fan has complained about playing privates. The rest of y'all come to the assumption that y'all cant compete because of our oh so many advantages over publics. So you can't beat us then just kick us out right? It's never "maybe we should work harder" instead, it's "just get rid of em"

Which means 2A.....Home of the best teams money can buy!!! huh.png Try not to take that too intensely Commander, I'm just funning with you. Interestingly though that you said FCA, Boyd, and Grace in the same "circumstances". They all are well heeled and thrived in this environment in a relatively short time. How? rolleyes.gif I'll let that debate come from an expert....which I'm not.....on privately endowed institutions in public school classifications. Fortunately, 1A is almost entirely rid of that situation. (almost)

Kazzy

Well since you said that we thrived in a short time, when did Boyd start playing football, and when was the first championship we won? popcorneater.gif

I love how all the publics that don't consistently win are the ones that complain about privates. I seriously don't think I've ever seen where a TC fan or a SP fan has complained about playing privates. The rest of y'all come to the assumption that y'all cant compete because of our oh so many advantages over publics. So you can't beat us then just kick us out right? It's never "maybe we should work harder" instead, it's "just get rid of em"

If you are referring to Kaz and me,we are from Gback and Oneida two of the winningest 1A programs around!We do work harder but you are fighting an uphill battle,privates have a huge advantage with the athletes they bring in,SP is a small school also but the kids from the area schools that can play ball and want to win championships dont go to Marion county and lookout valley they go to Pitt,they have a great area to pull from.Trousdale is a county school bigger area to pull from.WE use to whip CAK,Grace,catholic now they are 5a,3a,Grace soon to be 3A the money you privates bring in his hard to turn down,nicest facilities around.

Well since you said that we thrived in a short time, when did Boyd start playing football, and when was the first championship we won? popcorneater.gif

Don't remember exactly when but remember it wasn't very pretty.As for the first championship 2003.As for the one that's next 2012.In 1A It comes down to Gordy/SoPitt in the east & Union City/Huntingdon in the west.No disrepect to any other programs.Still a long ways to go

Union City and Huntingdon play next week. Sept 7th. Looks to be a slobber knocker for sure. This has turned into a good rivalry between the two schools. We played for the 1st time in years back in 09. Huntingdon took the regualr season game in a shoot out. UC won in the playoffs by 35 -7. We beat the Stangs again in 2010 by throwing the football surprisingly enough, but last year they took us to the woodshed. It was ugly. Huntingdon took everybody to the woodshed last year with the exception of Wayne County that is. Now both schools are primed and ready to see who is coming outta the west. Gonna be the 1A game of the week Im sure.