1A AP Top Ten

bobcats56

Union City and Huntingdon play next week. Sept 7th. Looks to be a slobber knocker for sure. This has turned into a good rivalry between the two schools. We played for the 1st time in years back in 09. Huntingdon took the regualr season game in a shoot out. UC won in the playoffs by 35 -7. We beat the Stangs again in 2010 by throwing the football surprisingly enough, but last year they took us to the woodshed. It was ugly. Huntingdon took everybody to the woodshed last year with the exception of Wayne County that is. Now both schools are primed and ready to see who is coming outta the west. Gonna be the 1A game of the week Im sure.

No doubt cant wait to see what is waiting for us on down the road.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't remember exactly when but remember it wasn't very pretty.As for the first championship 2003.As for the one that's next 2012.In 1A It comes down to Gordy/SoPitt in the east & Union City/Huntingdon in the west.No disrepect to any other programs.Still a long ways to go

Don't think many people can say they got beat 95-3 like the Bucs. roflol.gifroflol.gif

SP is a small school also but the kids from the area schools that can play ball and want to win championships dont go to Marion county and lookout valley they go to Pitt,they have abigger area to pull from.

Watch it now. South Pitt doesn't get kids from Lookout Valley. That is in Chattanooga. SP and Jasper both have kids at their schools that live in the opposing towns. Just a few years ago, Marion County was raping SP of any baseball or basketball athlete they had. Now that trend has changed some.

time will tell! I think alot of folks rooting for UC but it will never happen.

With all due respect sir, Why do you think it wont happen? Do you have some insight into our region that leads you to say it will "never happen"? Im just curious. You've made a couple of statements like that on other boards. (or atleast I think it was you). As I recall you live in either mid or east TN. How are you gathering information to come to this conclusion? Is it fact based ....Or .... is it just what you are hoping? I truly believe UC will be right there at the end. The only team standing in our way is Huntingdon. If they or UC gets to the title game the gold ball is on very shakey ground for the East. Respectfully

'73.....that is great. And what year did you begin playing football? The letter schools have been around winning in the smaller classes since forever. DCA, BGA, MBA, GCA, FRA, BCS, GBA, BBC........should I go on? Lets not get into an argument that neither can win. We all know money talks and publics walk.

Kazzor

GCA is relatively new at football.

Edited by rlh

If you are referring to Kaz and me,we are from Gback and Oneida two of the winningest 1A programs around!We do work harder but you are fighting an uphill battle,privates have a huge advantage with the athletes they bring in,SP is a small school also but the kids from the area schools that can play ball and want to win championships dont go to Marion county and lookout valley they go to Pitt,they have a great area to pull from.Trousdale is a county school bigger area to pull from.WE use to whip CAK,Grace,catholic now they are 5a,3a,Grace soon to be 3A the money you privates bring in his hard to turn down,nicest facilities around.

First off, you are talking out of your head in this post. SP is in Marion County and rarely has a Whitwell kid commuted to SP and played football. Not many have done it from Jasper. L.V. is in Hamilton county and is about 25 miles from SP. Plus, Jasper (Marion County HIgh) have been down the past few years but have several gold balls and some silver. They are also one of the few public schools to beat Brentwood Academy in a state title game. Lastly, Oneida has played in 2a ball off and on and were usually a large A and 1a school when they were.

With all due respect sir, Why do you think it wont happen? Do you have some insight into our region that leads you to say it will "never happen"? Im just curious. You've made a couple of statements like that on other boards. (or atleast I think it was you). As I recall you live in either mid or east TN. How are you gathering information to come to this conclusion? Is it fact based ....Or .... is it just what you are hoping? I truly believe UC will be right there at the end. The only team standing in our way is Huntingdon. If they or UC gets to the title game the gold ball is on very shakey ground for the East. Respectfully

Yeah, and the Taterheads!

First off, you are talking out of your head in this post. SP is in Marion County and rarely has a Whitwell kid commuted to SP and played football. Not many have done it from Jasper. L.V. is in Hamilton county and is about 25 miles from SP. Plus, Jasper (Marion County HIgh) have been down the past few years but have several gold balls and some silver. They are also one of the few public schools to beat Brentwood Academy in a state title game. Lastly, Oneida has played in 2a ball off and on and were usually a large A and 1a school when they were.

Yes you are correct rlh,i have the utmost respect for your program down south,my point being if a kid (or their parents)want to play for a champion they will find a way to get to a school that is a legit contender,when there is one close enough to do so.Yes Oneida has been in 2a for the last 3 yrs.But were very well respected in 1a.Good luck guys.Hope you keep em healthy!

If you are referring to Kaz and me,we are from Gback and Oneida two of the winningest 1A programs around!We do work harder but you are fighting an uphill battle,privates have a huge advantage with the athletes they bring in,SP is a small school also but the kids from the area schools that can play ball and want to win championships dont go to Marion county and lookout valley they go to Pitt,they have a great area to pull from.Trousdale is a county school bigger area to pull from.WE use to whip CAK,Grace,catholic now they are 5a,3a,Grace soon to be 3A the money you privates bring in his hard to turn down,nicest facilities around.

South Pitt has never had anyone come from Lookout Valley. A few from bridgeport and even fewer jasper have jumped on the TRAIN in the past but none from Valley

Edited by TrainTracks99